Escada Collection [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 1/1/2009 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

You can read several reviews of this frag so thereís nothing left to tell about it. Creamy sweet gourmand delight, coke, bubble gum and caramel-toffee scented treasure in a velvet bottle with swarowski crystals (I have 2003ís edition). You may consider this a contradiction, nor do I. The deep, tonka and vanilla base do the trick and make the frag classy and grown-up. In my shy opinion, Collection has been Escadaís last remarkable creation for a long while. Not to mention that in 1990 (the year of creation) this type of scent was a really unique, unconventional flavour which outrun the fashion. It should be noted as a prototype of the cotton candy feeling, a real vintage thatís still in fashion.

on 5/30/2008 12:27:00 AM

I miss this product so much. I'm actually quite angry with Escada for discontinuing such a classic fragrance. :(

on 5/11/2008 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't think I'd like it because of the mandarin in it; however, it is gorgeous. Vanilla, cherry, cola. I don't get a true tobacco note from this. This is one of the nicest vanilla-cherry fragrances out there.

on 12/31/2007 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really didn't think I'd like this. I'm not a fan of most Escada, but a very generous swapper gave me this as one of many extras and I really really like it. On first application, it's sandalwood and alcohol in nose-searing power, but that fades off quickly to Tonka and cola with faint touches of mandarin. Final dry down is heavy with Tonka and the sandalwood returns, but is never as offensively strong as the initial blast. Overall a very nice fragrance that morphs interestingly and settles calmly.

on 12/27/2007 6:14:00 PM

A very nice elegant fragrance,my absolute favorite.You have to like vanilla though.The best way to describe it for me is that it has an antidepressant effect,sort of like L'instant de Guerlain which is my second favorite,has an uplifting effect.My bottle is a couple of years old now,as I don't wear fragrance all the time and the smell has changed a little.Not worth buyng,now that it's old,has to be fresh.I'm very disspointed that it's been discontinued.

on 5/21/2007 7:24:00 PM

i want to cry when i review this product. its been discontinued for a while now, and i'm down to my last two bottles. i am so glad i hoarded this when i found out it was on its way out. it is the sexiest vanilla, cherry, and cola combination i have ever had the pleasure of smelling, and its GONE! i went to nordstrom toward the time it was being discontinued, and the SA handed me what she thought was Collection. it was in the same bottle (or so it seemed). it smelled awful. i'm so sad that it isn't around anymore, and often wonder why companies keep their nastiest smelling fragrances and discontinue the best. i heard that Ginestet Botrytis was a dead ringer for collection, but it was a lie! It smelled more like honey than anything. i am formally on a quest to find something that smells similar to this one. a classic.

on 11/8/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

If you are a regular on the fragrance board you will have heard the accolades for the coveted Collection. I think I am being a little hard on this fragrance by giving it 3 - it's more of a 3.5 - but as nice as it may be I don't think it's the quintessential gourmand. Colletion is tooth-achingly sweet and all about the spun sugar. It is the missing link between Givinchy's Hot Couture and Organza Indecence - and more cloying than either. Organza Indecence is superior to my nose - there is something sticky about Collection that rubs me up the wrong way. I don't get much tobacco, very little wood, and a lot of raspberry pavlova. I would choose Lalique's Le Parfum over this - far more sophisticated. I find Collection shouty and demanding. Edible - mouthwatering even - but not the luxurious top class fragrance I was expecting.

on 8/16/2006 11:09:00 AM

I'm amused by the alleged notes: cherry, tobacco, and cola. But I get none of those on my skin. The closest would probably be cherry, but this is settles on me as if I spilled a little spiked fruit punch on my skin after sampling some limited edition summer Escada scent. It's just not my style. Having said that, I do think it's not an unpleasant scent - it conjures up memories of hot summers gone by, with my big straw hat and retro print bikini, riding around with more people than seatbelts in my old boyfriend's Jeep. But those days are gone and I'm more dinner-party girl than keg-party girl these days, with a carseat in the back and a husband renovating the bathroom. Funny what we associate with certain fragrances. But I'll keep Collection around for that eventual second honeymoon to Fiji.

Gorgeous. One of the few fragrances for which I purchased backup bottles. It's so lovely, creamy and long-lasting. I would give this more lippies if possible. If you find it, better buy two bottles, as it is becoming less available and more expensive. I also have the lotion; it's beautiful as well. INGREDIENTS: Mandarin, Cola, jasmine, tuberose, sandalwood, tonka

I wanted to like this fragrance because of the cult-like following on the fragrance board, but all I get is cherry tobacco and I can't do that. It actually smells similar to Tribute by Mary Kay to my nose, with the added addition of a stifling tobacco note. Bleecht.

Popular Fragrances