December 18, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Intensive Smoothing Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is a very-very thick cream, which I love. I used it in the winter, and my hands were happy. It absorbs well and survives several hand-washes. I'd recommend this product to someone who also loves thick, heavy cream textures. Writing this review made me really wanting to repurchase. So I will.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by gaygs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use Handcream at least every hour and have been for 30+ years. This product is excellent. It is rich and improves the look and feel of hands over a couple of weeks. I was paying $99 per tube (Australian taxes mostly) I was happy to buy on line for half the price. This is now my second fav hand cream as I have started using a lovely lanonocreme Handcream which is just as good but not always available.
THE ABOLUTE BEST HANDCREAM EVER was made by Ella bache (handcream no 2)about 25 years ago, then it was discontinued. I have written to Ella Bache 7-8 times to see if they are considering to reintroduce it. They have never once responded...

I have never found a cream as good until i found Estée Lauders Renutriv which due to its cost I use generously at night only. I am delighted to have discovered lanocremes hand cream with bee propolis which is also excellent and leaves skin velvety soft without having to reapply every hour. My hard cuticles have been softened by these two creams which has been an eternal quest for me!

I find that many handcreams are like hair products and only work at full benefit for the first bottle. Not so with both of the handcreams I use now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of desparation one day. I was in the airport travelling and security had taken away my purse size hand cream due to size :( As I was going away for a week I had to get a replacement immediatly. This was all I could find in the airport Duty Free. Luckily I saved at least the tax...this stuff is EXPENSIVE! I mean, $50 for a freaking hand cream?! Wow. I have extremely dry eczema-ridden skin. So my hands are constantly dry, cracking and irritated. They are also sensitive to perfume and fragrance. The pros: you only need a tiny bit for both hands (1/2 inch squeeze), it absorbs quickly and keeps your hands hydrated nicely. The cons: the fragrance stinks, is overpowering. Suprisingly it didn't burn or irritate my eczema, but the smell was still irritating to my nose and facial skin (I also have rosacea and fragrances can actually cause my skin to redden and feel irritated). The cap also stopped fitting right, and would come off in my purse. And the COST! The biggest con of all. I swear Palmers Coco Butter is just as good and it costs $8 for a purse size tube. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received several large samples of this hand cream and, having used them, absolutely cannot recommend this cream. It's thick and rich, greaseless after applied, but somehow manages to leave my very dry hands unmoisturized. They look good for a few minutes, but there is no cumulative or lasting effect--it's merely cosmetic. And it reeks of that awful Lauder Re-Nutriv scent. If you want a good, heavy-duty hand cream, buy Neutrogena Norwegian Formula or Jack Black Industrial Strength. They both, in price and performance, put this product to shame. Another loser from Lauder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

The scent, i cant stand it. the product, i see no changes but it is very rich. not a keeper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I dont actually own this as of yet. But I tried a couple samples as I was walking past the EL counter in the mall and I will definitely be purchasing this. With only a sample and after it absorbed (the SA gave me a little to much) my hands were incredibly soft and smooth and my cuticles looked like I had just gotten back from a manicure. Not to mention that after I woke up the next morning my hands were still soft and smooth. I will admit that $40-45 price tag sucks a big one, but if it gives awesome results like that and on a consistent basis and not crap out after a week I will def. repurchase. (thank god you can return the product to the EL counter if ya dont like it, well at least the counters I've gone too)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by indiatree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The price is unbelieveable ($45 for around 3.5 ounces). However, that is the only negative thing I can say. This hand cream provides wonderful moisturizing/smoothing/softening without a trace of stickness or greasiness. The formula is top notch with a mind numbing variety of advanced plant extracts, water binding agents, antioxidants, plant oils, plant butters, and cell communicating agents. At least Lauder is putting some effort into coming up with an innovative ingredient list given the price. You are not paying top dollar here for just some average formulation. The fragrance is noticeable, but pleasant and not overpowering. This sounds like a cliche, but I can attest to the fact that you really only need a small quantity to cover both hands; so this will last a while. When you rub this in, your hands will just feel and look unbelieveable...unlike they will with any other hand or body cream. Extremely smooth, plumped, silky and soft. I don't know how to really describe the feeling and effect, but it is something special and unique to this product. The feeling does, as claimed, tend to last through a hand washing even if you fail to reapply (sort of). Given the price, I didn't really want to like this product, but I have to say, that if you have the extra money to spend, you will be receiving something unlike any other hand cream out there. Note: this contains mulberry root extract and coleus root extract in fairly high concentrations, so the claims regarding lightening skin discolorations might have some validity. I haven't used it long enough to judge. Although this contains collodial gold, it does not contain any mica or shimmer like many of the other Re-Nutriv products, so your hands won't have that sparkling effect that makes me a little ambivalent about some of the other Re-Nutriv creams and serums. Wow, this is a great product and something I don't think I will want to be without. I don't know what else to say, but I am very surprised that I am writing such a glowing review about a hand cream. I definitely will be paying more attention to some of Lauder's products after experiencing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a long, hard, bitter cold Ohio Winter, my hands were looking like those of a Lake Erie stevedore's. I've never seen my hands in such bad conditon, with the texture of coarse-grit sandpaper, flaking, cracking, and dry cuticles that were catching on my clothes and actually hurting. I was desperate. I put the word out to some buddies, and instantly I got a recommendation and a rave about this Lauder cream. The next day I was out running to the mall to buy. I found out that only a few Macy's stores continue to sell the Re-Nutriv line, so I ran over to Dillards to buy. I took a dab from the tester unit and it felt thick and serious, and I bought a tube (3.4oz, $45) and brought it home with eagerness, hoping for a miracle. That night, I squeezed out about a half-inch of product onto my hands and started to work it in. At first, it feels almost too thick. But then it begins to liquefy and it's easy to work it into the cuticles and knuckles. It immediately started to comfort and soothe. Within ten minutes it had disappeared into my skin, no sticky residue and no greasy feel. In the morning, I could see the most amazing, visible, touchable difference in the condition of my hands. My skin looks fresh and healthy, the flakes are gone, the cracks are smoothed, and my cuticles feel moist and they look much better. I've been using this cream every night before bedtime now. I cannot rave enough. It is the best hand treatment product I have ever found, and I won't be without it ever again! If you've tried every hand product out there and still have dry, cracked, rough hands, I urge you to give this product a try. I'm raving and writing to Lauder about it. It's wonderful to find a product that delivers what it promises, and this one lives up to, and exceeds its promises! A big thanks to my friend who recommended it, and a bigger thanks to Lauder for a solid, performing product.