July 29, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cococare - 100% Cocoa Butter Stick - The Yellow Stick

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by LilyLivers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Upon initial application, I agree with most of the reviews here (great moisturizing, smell, but poor packaging, etc), however...

Did no one else get a massive allergic reaction to this product?! At first I thought I broke out because it was, indeed, that time of month, but I usually just get a few spots of acne on my forehead. But holy crap my face is red and spotty, I have a full blown rash everywhere on my face! Yikes!

Haha anyway I've done some research and I found reports of allergy to cocoa butter lotion, but not cocoa butter alone. I guess I should see someone about this. But I guess some of us might be susceptible to this so be careful! And it would be great if you'd let me know whether you've had a similar experience with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-PRICE: at $1.00, for a product that will last you a long ass time, it's an amazing value. -PACKAGING: this has to be the worst packaging imaginable for such a great product. First, it's not sealed. Anyone can just open it in the store and do whatever. Second, when you open the container, u can literally take the stick all the way out like a PUSH POP. To apply it, I found it beat for me to remove the entire stick and use it that way. Packaging really needs improvement. I would gladly pay a dollar more if they had better packaging, like Palmer's has with its swivel stick. -PRODUCT: omg, the smell is amazing!!! I just applied this on my skin and it makes my face feel soooo smooth. Yes, u can use cocoa butter on the face. It doesn't clog pores. Educate yourself. This product is a definite yea in my book. Its amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

VERY ANNOYING PACKAGING. It's impossible to remove the cap without getting the cocoa butter on your hands. When I'm applying it, it's irritating to have to constantly adjust the stick using my fingers to force it out from the bottom. Other than that, it's very cheap and the stick form is convenient to apply on feet and small areas of the body.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice cheap product. Very moisturizing, smells like chocolate (not overpowering but nice), costs under $2, and is 100% cocoa butter. It is also convenient to have in your bag. I have repurchased several times. I do wish it came in a swivel packaging like Palmers though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

while this product might be good for some people, it is not for me. I like the price though. How can you fail with only a few dollars? However, as far as performance goes, it does nothing for me. It is hard like candle. I cannot spread it. If you rub it on your skin, it hurts. I don't even live in cold climate. I don't find it moisturizing at all. As a matter of fact, my skin gets itchy and red from using it. This cocoa stick clog the pores on my skin and cause skin bump. I tried to use it as a lip conditioner but it cause redness and irritation around my mouth. I don't know if this is simply my allergy toward this product or if anyone else share similar experience. I tried products that only contain partial cocoa butter mix with other moisturizing oills and ingredients but my skin simply does not agree with cocoa. I read that this cocoa is supposed to be good with scars and stretch marks because of the vitamins so I tried very hard to like this natural product. Unfortunately it failed me. The good thing is that it isn't that expensive so give it a try if you skin is less sensitive.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I have to say I am totally impressed! I have to be honest that I am a firm believer on expensive skin/body care products but after almost a year tiring to get rid of a spot of chicken skin (keratosis pilaris) on my chest I am basically desperate to try anything that might help. So when I was wandering around Walgreens and saw that for $1.59, I was like, what the hell lets give it a try! Then, miracle happened! So first of all, the package is not fancy but for $1.59, I don't really care that much. Its not the most user friendly packaging on the planet but I didn't experience any inconvenient people listed here. It is solid when you push the stick out but when you start applying on your skin it melts due to your body temperature (according to the Cococare website the product melts at 90 F or 32 C). The smell is amazing. I am normally not a big fan of sweet scent but the chocolatey scent of the stick smells incredible. I have been applying on the chicken skin spot on my chest and my shoulder after shower for only 3 days and I have already seen a big improvement on the condition. The chicken skin becomes less dry and rough, redness has been reduced and the size of affected area is reducing! I am still testing on the stretch marks but to be honest, the chicken skin is more of my concern and priority at the moment. The other thing I really like about this product is its ingredient. Its 100% cocoa butter with absolutely nothing else. With the very cheap price and its amazing power of getting rid of my chicken skin, I am sure this is a must have item in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Onetimereview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The package is not good but it's not bad, for $1 im not complaining. I'd rather pay $1 for it with bad packaging then paying what the competitors like Palmers charge $5 for their fancy swivel stick. How messy the product is depends on which region you live in. I live in MD so its usually hard in the winter and softer in the summer, simple chemistry! I used this in high school and that was the clearest my face has been. 0 spots or uneven areas. For the last two years I've been using products from Lush and they have been working but I still have light spots all over. After only a week of using this stick again I'm already seeing huge progress. When I used this product it is very oily texture but it goes away and doesn't block my pores so Im fine with it being oily. I'll give and two months of putting it on at night and my face will be clear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible packaging. Bad quality cocoa butter. The lid doesn't fit properly. Pushing the product up from the bottom of the stick is a very messy process. Yes, it's cheap but that's about the only thing good about it! I buy 100% cocoa butter from Akoma, an online retailer in the UK. I like their ethics and the purity of their products. However cheap Cococare is, it's still too much for what you get!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by abigailfaith

I bought the Cococare 100% Cocoa Butter Yellow Stick at Walgreens for $1.59. Not too pricey at all. The only reason why I give it 4/5 is because I haven't used it that long, but so far, I love it. It's cheap, it smells great, it's smooth and easy to apply, it's the perfect size for traveling, or just keeping in my purse for whenever I need it. I'm 17, and I've had bad stretch marks since I was 14 from where I took a growth spurt and gained some weight. From what I've seen, this product is gonna be a lifesaver. They're already starting to fade. I definitely recommend this product, and I definitely plan on buying more.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by SoFa10

I bought this at walgreens and used it three times but its not moisturizing enough for me.