September 17, 2014 | 950 users online

Moisturizers - La Prairie - Anti-Aging Emulsion SPF 30

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this moisturizer! Very silky feel after it soaks into my skin. in the mornings, I use one pump and a half for my entire face and neck. At night, I use one pump mixed with a drop of argan oil for around my eyes but very gentle, becuse the fragrance makes my eyes tear something awful!! Love the packaging style but for the price, I would have expected better materials, not just shiny plastic. Also I wish it did not have fragrance.

UPDATE 9/26/12: Taking one lippie away for fragrance, this is just too strong to use around the eyw area without making me tear up. It is a good moiturizer but I would not repurchase becuause of the irritation around the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Productboi20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its a great product.. no break outs from the SPF and usually I break out from parsol 1789 which is in this product but so far so good. Highly recc this product. ONLY problem.. is after 9hours or so... product makes face quite oily so I recc usually a cleansing wipe after 4pm at the end of the day to refresh your face.. its hard to find a good SPF like this.. but they all make you oily :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

I have been using this for the last 4 years -with only small breaks as advised- and my skin has not changed at all so I guess that it does deliver results and prevents premature aging. In the beginning I was using far too much so I thought that the product was too oily but it ended up it was my fault. You only need one pump of this for the whole face. SPF 30 is great all year round protectionn which you do not find often in moisturisers.
Will keep using for the next years before I move on to the next level. It is pricey but it lasts for a long time and packaging makes sure that the product is kept fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Amy1999

Like other reviewers, this is the only 30 spf that does not break me out! My skin usually breaks out over anything, natural oils, good for you oils, or anything, but with the La Prairie products, it does great. I was using the Anti-Aging Stress Cream which I liked until I heard about this, which is a bit less rich BUT still VERY moisturizing, and it has an SPF! I started using it and my skin is so calm and happy. I love it!!!

I have also been using the foaming cleanser and I LOVE IT! Again, my skin is VERY finicky with cleansers too and this one is in love with my skin! LOVE LOVE LOVE La Prairie!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you have dry, sensitive and 'fear-of-sun' skin, this is the product for you. Unfortunately, for me it was too oily in the humidity. I liked it during winter as it moisturised my skin well but I had an impression that my pores were getting clogged. But surprisingly, it doesn't cause more pimples. I like it's sister companion more - the anti aging complex, especially at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sureofherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well this product has the be the best light spf 30 that I have ever used in my life time. When I first started using this product I felt a slight burning but it was short lived. I felt this same feeling for a few days but I perservered as I am sensitive to all sun creams but I gave this one a last try. I noticed it was light, and you could see the shine but after a short while it became quite matt. I have super dry skin and sensitive skin and it seemed to be an invisible veil over it. To me this moisturiser is a miracle worker. I am glad I didnt give up using it after a few days as it is my daily moisturiser. I have just bought the longevity serum which I use under it and the combination of these two products is fantastic. I have spend years using all types of products and at this stage of life I cannot praise La prairie enough for what they are doing to my skin. Through the use of the longevity serum and the anti again spf 30 I have noticed my skin has become smooth, healthier and at last less sensitive. Between Guerlain and La Prairie, I would have to say La Prairie is far better for sensitive skins yet both are outstanding. As for price, well I have to say that I am paying for products which are at least healing and keeping my skin stable in the dry environment I live in.
With this product dont worry about the shine you see in the first fifteen minutes, this shine just disappears and leaves a beautiful glow.
I will definitely buy this product again. I havent really tested the spf 30 by sunbaking in the sun but then again, I just want to wear it day by day and at this stage, I havent shown signs of sunburn on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by violeta77uk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never again. I was ready to buy it, because of all good reviews and also I wanted something with high SPF, loved texture, packaging, but I stopped myself - I've asked for a sample, and they gave me! Wow, I planned how in few days of time I'll have this wonderful bottle with me, but one I've tried it - it burned my skin. Not sure, was it SPF? It's too harsh for my skin, kept the moisture for an hour, but after that my skin felt extremely dehydrated and started peeling of around my lips. Sad, but who's got extremely sensitive skin - please try sample first to avoid dissapoitment.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2008 3:41:00 AM More reviews by lindalindalinda123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super super dry skin. I have eczema so it's dry and sensitive lovely. I've used this product for a few years and have a love hate relationship with it. I love that it keeps me moisturized all day. My skin laughs in the face of most moisturizers, but i apply this once and I'm good. Except in the winter then maybe I might need a midday moisture. But considering I could put cheap stuff on four five six times and day and still be flakey.

I hate this product cause now it's 190 a bottle, when i first started using it it was 130, then 170. But an entire bottle can last me almost a year ( i apply every day), I also think it's over fragranced, and the bottle is sorta designed poorly. The pump only goes so far so if you stop using it when it stops pumping you are wasting a lot of product. So be sure to screw off that top and just scrape it all out of there!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted a replacement for Sisley All Day All Year but with higher SPF so I tried this one from La Prairie. While this one has an SPF 30, is full with goodies like antioxidants and nutrients, it also is way too greasy, overfrangranced and the chemical sunscreen stings my skin a bit (happens to me with most chemical sunscreens exect Shiseido, Biotherm, Sisley). On the good side, it didn't break me out and moisturized like hell, really pumped my skin full of moisture. But since it turns my skin oil-slick by midday and the shiny wrinkle diffusers in it enhance the effect, I gave it to my mum. She loves it and it makes her skin glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by vickypollard

I've been getting more and more concerned with wearing a high SPF on my skin during the day ad I am getting older. A friend recommended this product to me so I bought a bottle. I love it! Although I haven't used many La Prairie products over the years, the majority of the ones I have used were quite good. I love the texture of this emulsion and I love the fact that I don't end up looking ghost-like from the high SPF. My skin stays moist all day and I haven't had any irritation from such a high SPF. I could never high sunscreens on my face as I would get so red and irritated. This is a perfect daytime lotion for those of you who require a high SPF and a very fine texture which is usally not the case with a SPF 30 sunscreen. I would definitely buy this again.