September 23, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aesop - Citrus Rind Body Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got a generous sample of this.
I dont have really dry legs but they just need some pick me up fir skirts!

Let me start with saying that I absolutely love this fruity/citrusy smell. Very refreshing but still a little sweet- if they make it into a perfume I would definitely get it.

Now the coinsistency is okay until you actually discover how much massaging into the skin it needs. You really have to work it in and it takes time to sink in. Thats why I cant justify getting this for a scent.

Im hoping to try their other balms because Im really excited about this brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by lu85

Overall I was quite disappointed with product. It smells amazing, but for me, that is where it ends. I found the formula was not easily absorbed into the skin, and left my skin feeling quite greasy. Shortly after I began using this cream, the overall condition of my skin was much worse than usual- it felt dry and I became prone to breakouts. I also found that when the bottle was about 2/3 empty, the 'pump' no longer worked and I had to take the lid off to get the product out of the bottle. I have since switched to a gentle, hypoallergenic body moisturizer that I am much happier with. Overall, I found this product disappointing and not overly effective, especially given the high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by one_teaspoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

If I didn't have to worry about money, I would probably buy tubs and tubs of this body lotion. First of all I like the actual texture and consistency of the lotion. I guess I call it a lotion because it is still rather liquid, as opposed to a balm or a cream for example. It smooths on the skin nicely, however it doesn't sink in until you rub it in. Even that requires a bit of work, but I enjoy doing that as it's sort of like a get-to-know-and-connect-with-your-body time. The boyfriend likes using this as a massage lotion because of its consistency (it hangs around long enough to be rubbed in for a massage).

Then there is the performance of the lotion. It is so hydrating. I have pretty normal skin, but my legs, arms and back especially need to be moisturised after every shower, otherwise it gets really uncomfortable. This soothes my skin sooooooooo nicely, I love it. And it puts a great big smile on my face as I feel so pampered after that.

Of course there is also the smell, what a wonderful energizing citrus smell, I like to use it if I have to go out for work, or generally to stay awake.

It is expensive as it sells for AUD$99 for a 500ml bottle, but it definitely is one of the best body lotions I've used, hence if I had plenty of money I'd buy plenty of this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

has nice citrus scent,it feels very silky and soaks in straight away! it is quite expensive though and i cant' find it locally. however, very nice, nice balm for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by liontigre

The smell and texture of this Body Balm are delicious and very pleasant, quite subtle and non greasy. I have been using this product for 10 years and I will still use for the years to come!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by hautemama

This lotion would be perfect. If it was one third the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is expensive but it's also gorgeous. It's light yet very moisturising, and the scent is amazing, a true citrus scent. Delicious. UPDATE: I still think this is great, but I don't think it is quite moisturising enough for me in the winter, plus it is really expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was fortunate to get several generous sized sample jars of this when I recently vacationed in Japan and stayed at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Tokyo. All of the bath products in the hotel bathroom were from this particular brand. Anyway, this was my most favorite of all of them. I absolutely adore the scent. The scent is not soo sweet that it will give you a headache. In fact, it is very subtle...almost too subtle. I wish the scent would last longer than it does because it fades rather quickly. It is very emollient without being greasy. Despite how much I do love this body balm, I wouldn't purchase once I finish my samples up. Right now I am a poor college student and this lotion just cost WAY too much. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a high quality lotion and who doesn't care about the expensive price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 4:33:00 AM More reviews by azzurro

This one is the third Aesop product I tried, and the third one I end up using for good. Who couldn't love the bitter orange scent - all other citrusy scent goes to waste when compared to this! It's moisturising yet not icky, unlike the DJs half-litre elastin moisturiser jar I took home with me last year. The packaging used to be bad (I started using this when it was sold ONLY in those amber jars), but it's getting better nowadays: half-litre pump bottle and 50mL bottle if you buy the Jet Set pack (I got mine for free :)) )

It's reasonably affordable in Australia (AUD100 for a half-litre pump bottle with lots goodies thrown in by the generous SAs), and I usually get mine from the QV store as I know the SAs who work in those stores for a long time (mind you I started using Aesop since I was in high school). I was shocked too when I saw how much it retails from hqhair.com... 24 pounds!! I better get my sister to bring me litres of these before I move to London... or else it'd be way too expensive to purchase. Girls in Europe, I do suggest you find someone who's coming to your place from Australia to stock up on the moisturiser, as it's lovely.

If you do need heavier moisturiser, I think Relax will do it for you (I just feel Rejuvenate isn't doing what it needs to be doing). Unfortunately, Relax is more expensive (about AUD39 a jar) and comes only in the amber jar packaging... sigh... I keep mine in the fridge.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ollybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff - it smells divine, sinks in quickly and is just generally fabulous. Only downside (and this is a major one) is the price - 20 for a small jar? Ouch. Still, unless I can find something to replace it, I probably would shell out for another jar...