December 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Mascara - Milani - Power Lash Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by fennecfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it was on sale and I figured, why not! I don't mind the big brush but what I do mind is the thick clumpy formula of the mascara itself. It dries almost immediately so I find it difficult to work with. When I manage to get it to work it looks nice but to me it's not worth it when there are much better mascaras for the same price of less.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by laraby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

disappointing . . . brush is too big and mascara clumps. It lengthens some but did not add volume at all. It dries pretty fast so I was not able to use eyelash comb to separate lashes. I have used it a few times and threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

I've been using Power Lash for 3 weeks straight and i must say i am pleasantly surprised that i like it alot. Now i'm not the type of person to fuss over mascara, i really see no difference between high end and low end, and before this i've tried lancome, maybelline, jordana, and l'oreal, my favorite being maybelline and my least favorite being the l'oreal. This, to me, is like a morph between maybelline and l'oreal. It's not too wet like maybelline falsies/great lash and it's not too dry like l'oreal voluminous. I will admit it does clump alittle, but nothing that an eyelash comb can't fix. what i like about this is that it gives the effect of fuller, longer lashes...plus the color is an intense black. The only reason i liked maybelline is because to me, the wet-like texture is easier to work with, though if not careful, it can smudge if not fully dry, and the only reason i didn't like the l'oreal one was because of the rough texture and flaking. i always had black flakes on my face, which sucked cause i tend to do my eye makeup after my foundation...but i loved the way it made my lashes looked! So of course, this being like a combination of the two, I LOVE this! & the price! Only about 6 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like to try out different mascaras every time I run out (which is rare since I use a lot of different mascaras simultaneously so I don't run out quickly). I bought this product on a whim a while ago because I wanted to try a Milani mascara. I am a huge fan of big brushes and thickening mascaras, this wand, however is a little bit too big for my taste. I can use it but I end up with a lot of mascara spots on my eyelids. I decided to use this product with a different wand and it works really well. It's not super amazing but it is one of few mascaras that was good off the bat. I usually have to let a mascara dry up a little bit before I can use it and like it. This product lengthens a little bit and thickens pretty well. I like that it doesn't have a ton of fibers that typically make my lashes stick together and look spidery.
I am glad that I tried it and still use it, but I would not go out of my way to buy it. I probably will not repurchase but I don't feel like I lost much since it only cost $6.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by cguillau

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst mascara (and I use this term loosely) I've EVER used. The BIG FAT brush is useless, and after three coats of this stuff the mascara never did anything to my lashes. No volume, no length, no product. I've given this a rating of one and if I could, I'd give it a minus one. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by essdontmess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara after reading good reviews on it. However, it was super thick and clumpy, and I hated applying it on my lashes. Though it wasn't that pricey, I've found way better mascaras for the same price range.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just a 'meh' mascara. Would never repurchase.. Didn't do anything for my lashes.. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't do much for me. I was enticed by reviews that said it was a more dramatic version of Full n Soft, but I just didn't like it. It didn't really add length, definition, or volume. It was just mediocre. On a superficial level, I think the packaging is ugly too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by polemonium

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Alas, a dissenting opinion from the majority here:

The very large brush is hard for me to maneuver around my deep-set eyes, without landing a splotch or blob on skin or cheekbones instead of eyelashes.

The wetter than usual formula instantly takes all the curl out of my lashes.

On the plus side, once the mascara is on, it doesn't seem to smudge. I can take a nap and wake up without any smudging. It's a little harder to get off than some non-waterproofs, but that's a good trade-off.

On the whole, I probably would not buy it again for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by vermilion27

So based on the reviews for this product, I decided to go hunt down this mascara at my local Walgreens, and I am SOOO glad I did! This mascara gave me soft, thick AND long lashes. Also, I didn't even have to curl my lashes, and this mascara gave them lift. The black is pretty dark as well. The brush is a standard bristle brush which I prefer over the rubber ones, and it is a larger size, similar to Neutrogena's Healthy Volume, but it is tapered at the end, making it easier to get the corner lashes and bottome lashes. It also lived up to it's claim of not clumping, and there was no smudges or flakes after 8 hours of wear. Very close to my HG, but the 3 small reasons why it is not a 5 is because of the slight scent (citrus?), which does go away once it is dried, the big size of the brush (I prefer the smaller ones), and my very superficial reason that the packaging is boring and ugly- reminds me of the 80's. However, I will continue buying this for my dramatic mascara. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No