December 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Powder - Laneige - Satin Finish Twin Pact

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is #31 Brown Beige, the darker of 3 colors. Its somewhat comparable to NC 35 but with a tad more yellow. I've been using Studio Fix for 6-7 years and the problem with Mac NC series is the light yellow colour looks flat & ghostly on me, like in NC 30; but if I switch to a darker shade NC 40, it looks like brown dirt on me, & flat looking. Such are the cases with most fdn with yellow undertone. IMO,they overlooked the addition of orange beige as the shade darken. I am not talking about the orangy bronzer but more of a creamsicle orange. Cle de Peau has that touch to their fdn; and now so is this product.
This also has an SPF of 25, very faint fragrance that I have to hold the compact close to detect it. The sponge is a thin spongy velour with a vinyl backing which I find it a totally useless. I prefer a brush for thin & buildable application. The powder is very fine & smooth, I always test run a powder by piling it in the same area, this one is without any cakey/cracky appearance on the skin. It kind of dissolved into the skin like putting a cream fdn. Very nice, too bad it doesn't come in darker shade.