April 21, 2014 | 1440 users online

Polishes - OPI - Moon Over Mumbai

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've really been getting into grays and sheers lately, but this polish is just a little too starkly white for me to love. One coat and it looks like clear polish, 2+ and it's way too harsh. I also think the pearl finish makes it look dated. Beautiful application, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by meghandolores

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm a loyal OPI girl, but I was absolutely shocked when I saw this color on my cousin's fingers and realized I had never heard of it! I immediately went out and bought it, though I was skeptical of how it would look on me. Turns out, I absolutely love the outcome! In the bottle, t's a very soft gray with an iridescence. On my fingers, there's a very subtle hint of blue, and in some lights, lavender. It's a 3-4 coater, which isn't my favorite attribute about this polish, but it isn't a deal breaker. In my opinion, it's the perfect neutral for when you don't feel like a soft pink or nude. I would absolutely repurchase (which reminds me, I need to stock up!). OPI never disappoints!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by violetriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous color! This is my most used OPI polish. It is such a unique color. Kind of hard to describe- it's like a creamy light grey/blue that can have a bit of a lavender tint in some lights. It has a soft but not too noticeable shimmer. Not glittery at all but more of a pearl finish. It makes my nails look so polished and it is such a versatile shade because it is fairly neutral. Usually I have to build this up to 3 coats for the desired opacity. Then the color really comes through, otherwise one or 2 coats will give you a transparent, pearly finish. I just prefer the look of several coats. Not the cheapest polish out there, I think I paid around $8.50 for it but it is so worth it! Rarely do I fall in love with a polish color so I often end up taking colors back but this one I will repurchase over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ColorDream

I bought this polish to do some nail art with. I haven't gotten around to the "art" portion, but I did take this color for a test run tonight. I was originally led to believe that this was a pale grey - it isn't. It's more of a very pale lilac or lavender with a nice pearly, shimmery kick. This shade is growing on me the longer I wear it and I agree with other reviewers that it is a nice alternative neutral. The formula itself is a bit on the runny side, but it's nothing that a few swipes with a corrective pen or cotton swab dipped in polish remover can't take care of. Overall, a great versatile color that I will wear again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

When I first bought this, I expected it to be a soft grey creme color, but as soon as you put it on, you can tell it has a distinct pinkish lilac hue to it - I would say it's more lilac than grey! (Almost like a really pale desaturated soft shell color) That said, the color itself is actually lovely. It's a very muted and subtle color, much more natural-looking than you might think and easily work-appropriate. It does lean on the sheer side so if you're looking for a good opaque gray polish this is not for you. It has a tiny bit of very fine shimmer if you look closely; I doubt it'd be noticeable to anyone but yourself, but it is still a nice touch. I would never have bought this knowing it was pale lilac (I tend to stick to vampier colors) but it ended up being one of my favorite neutrals in my polish wardrobe. I definitely recommend it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by gabrielarod91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first picked it out, I thought it was going to be a nice soft gray. As it turns out, it's a lot less pigmented on the nail than in the bottle. That's why I gave it 4/5. However, I really loved the color! I think it's a great alternative to the light pink polishes when going for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

I really do love this polish. I love the light grey color and the VERY subtle shimmer.OFr me 2 coats creates a more sheer coat and 3 coats is opaque. I wear it both ways. The only complaint I have is that it is a little bit streaky.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Raeoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: In the bottle this looks like a really promising colour. But really disappointed in how translucent this polish is, especially when i asked the sales assistant for a solid grey and this is all that she could come up with in the entire range.

It's more a murky, lavender tinged, pearl colour and is not opaque at all, even with another coat, it isn't opaque and with a third coat it is really likely to peel and chip off (even with a light base coat). Disappointed overall, BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR a translucent polish with a touch of purple (cool toned) then this is probably going to be great for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a very nice color, it's just a shame that the formula is a bit to runny- quite unmanagable. It would have been perfect for a fresh and polished manicure

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Arggh! What a streaky polish, two coats and I still feel that it wouldn't hurt having a third one. I'm giving up on colors in this range, they are too hard for me to wear.