BeneFit Cosmetics Erase Paste in Fair

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this was the greasiest concealer I have ever used! and.I have very dry undereyes and it didn't work on them at all! it was near impossible to set. just awful. I threw it away after a few uses, and I rarely do that with expensive make up! dont waste ur money

on 3/10/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am frustrated by the fact that there are only four shades of this. It looks very orange on my skin in the winter when my skin isn't as tanned, but I have the lightest shade. It is very obvious when I have tried to cover stuff with it. Honestly it had a very weird slippery texture once on and it seemed like it slipped off my blemishes very easily. My bb cream does a better job with coverage. I hate that I have to put my finger in the little tub too, it seems dirty, I lost that scooper a long time ago. :/.

on 3/5/2015 1:02:00 PM

I bought this because I saw it in a video review, it did look very different to work with, like it would glide on to your skin and reflect light beautifully.

Well, it IS a paste. It's so hard to melt it to your skin. I have tried to make it work so many times and I always end up looking like it's obvious that I have concealer on my eyelids, but also the dark under circles and veins are there. My foundation is doing a lot better job.

Also the color could be slightly more neutral. First I was using the spatula, but in the end I got tired of cleansing it every time I used it.. I prefer tubes.

Too much hype, too expensive, I hate this product.

good concealer, doesn't get cakey, smooths on and is good value as a little is all you need.

on 1/31/2015 10:48:00 PM

This product is extremely sticky hard to blend, the packaging tub is unhygienic & the spatula is not at all convenient for application you need a brush, I did like the color and the coverage it was quite brightening. However, if I was rating only the first hour it would've been a 3 or 4 but this exaggerated my lines that I really don't have much of normally unless I don't sleep or am dehydrated. The staying power is garbage on my oily skin. You win some, you lose some. I return some. This is going bye bye ASAP. Spare yourself the disappointment if you're oily.

on 1/7/2015 3:24:00 AM

I like the color of this, because the peachy tone is a great under-eye brightener. Unfortunately, this formula is too creamy for me. I am 19, and I usually don't have to worry about lines under my eyes. The Erase Paste will sink into very fine lines and make them extremely noticeable without powder and checkups. I am experimenting with different primers.

on 1/6/2015 11:40:00 AM

I got this as a gift, and don't think I had ever considered purchasing it myself. It is very thick, so I can't use it under my eyes. It gets cakey and creases. I am actually better off using nothing. It is decent for concealing broken capillaries, but I don't think it very good for concealing blemishes or any other raised marks or depressions, such as a scar.

on 11/8/2014 2:48:00 PM

I absolutely love this concealer!!! It's a little expensive but one container of it will last you forever. The coverage on it is great. A little bit goes a long way. I like to use it under my eyes and over any breakouts I may have. It never looks cakey and blends naturally. It is the only concealer I use now. I just use a concealer blush to apply it to problem areas.

i only use this concealer when i have time to make it look good and want a flawless finish the shade fair is very pink but does tend to blend in after working it into the skin you can get this under your nails when you get some of the concealer out of the pot with your fingers my problem with this is it takes a lot of time to blend out and can only be used under eyes on me it also leaves a very stticky wet finish that HAS to be set with powder no matter what

on 8/30/2014 12:07:00 PM

UPDATE:

Erase Paste cakes on my underye circles pretty badly. I have wrinkles on top of the dark circles, and the texture of the cream highlights my every wrinkle. However, because this worked OK at concealing my dark circles for the most part (I'd say 50% or 60%), I tried to stay positive. To get good coverage, I actually have to layer the erase paste on, which increases the chance of caking.

I ended up learning about the Garnier brightening roller for dark circles (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=130992/Anti-Dark-Circle-Eye-Roller/Garnier/Concealers) and it's amazing how much BETTER this roller is. It only cost me $10 to get it on Amazon, but this works so much better for my dark circles and it doesn't crease my wrinkles nearly as much.

Save yourself some money and get the Garnier dark circle roller instead if you struggle with dark circles like me!

---

I am Asian with fair skin and cool undertones with fine lines around my eyes and pretty bad dark circles. I wore night time contacts for the past five years or so, and this has created pretty awful creases around my eyes... so I decided to invest in a pot of Erase Paste.

Erase Paste offers decent coverage. Even though it does not fully conceal my dark circles, it does a good job of concealing most of my dark circles. The same goes for the wrinkles and fine lines.

However, if you have dry skin and fine lines like me, take extra caution when applying erase paste. If too much is applied, the concealer cakes very easily on eyes and makes dark circles and wrinkles even worse (learned this the hard way -.-).

BeautyBroadcast on YouTube recommended that before applying, take less than you need from the pot with the mini spatula that comes with it and spread it on the outside of your hand before applying. That way, you don't apply too much.

You don't need a brush to apply this, only dotting with your ring finger.

I bought a concealer brush, but I only use the brush to dab the concealer onto my eyes and I blend with my fingers. The blending takes a while because this product is so thick and creamy.

Also, to decrease the chances of the concealer caking, I apply Burt's Bees Eye Serum before putting on my makeup.

TLTR: Decent coverage, price is not too bad for the coverage and quality of the product (a little does go a long way), takes time to apply correctly, be careful not to use too much and you'll be all set!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products