September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Lip Liners - Too Faced - Borderline - Anti Feathering Lip Pencil, Clear

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my third invisible lip liner and by far the best. The first was Lipstick Queen's. It crumbled, would not retract into the case and broke off. I used it three times! The Sally Hansen performed better but something in it made my sensitive lips tingle, and not in a good way.

Then I saw the Too Faced product. I am not sure why i didn't try it first because I like their eye primer. Well, this goes on smoothly, did not crumble and kept color from going into the lip lines Mother Nature gave me as a birthday gift a few years ago.

I do not wear really dark lipstick colors. I tend to use things only a few shades darker than my lips. ( My go to lipsticks are Clinique Beauty, Shy and the discontnued PoppyShine. This liner worked on those but did not keep Benetint rose lipstain out of my liplines though I doubt anything would as it is a vibrant color and very liquid.

Possible downside- this product has to be sharpened. This is not an issue for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very standard. It did what it was supposed to. No irritation. No weird smell. Every liner I have purchased like this one performs exactly the same. I would not buy again only because of cost. Paula's Choice has the same thing for $7 (which is still too high! LOL)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I cannot understand why the Body Shop stopped doing this sort of clear, anti-feathering lip liner. I used to buy two at a time and then they stopped selling them and since then I haven't found anything as good for a similar price. This one is good but I cannot stomach the price! Instead I go through the daily routine of using a lip conditioner/primer (Clinique All About Lips), a firming and mattifying make-up primer (currently Gale Hayman Youth Plus) foundation/powder, lip liner, blend in my lipstick, blot all over then add either another layer of lipstick or some gloss. It's something I do every day now anyway, it works, my lips are in excellent condition(!) and I don't have to re-purchase this very expensive item. If anyone knows of something very similar for half the price please let us all know in case feathering becomes a problem again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by NOLACreoleGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I won't repurchase is the price and the fact that other products can and do the same thing for less $. But this does work well I can't lie. Bought it to keep my red lips in place and it certainly does that. It creates a wax barrier around the lips and stops any feathering and bleeding.

Once I run out, try another product and I see if there is or isn't a difference...I may have to change my "won't buy again" rating lol

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by nan4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product.I can wear dark lipstick again.I don't need it for light colors but definitely opened up my color options 100%.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by meliatx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I need this for Ruby Woo Mac lipsticks. And I am old and my lips feather like crazy. I do wish I could some how put chapstick in a pencil because that is what this is. But it works. And it has no color to conflict with any of my lipsticks or glosses. This goes on smoother than my other lip liners and still has the wax to keep my lip color from feathering. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AWESOME!! the best one of this type I have ever used and I have tried so many. It really is perfect. Works great - really keeps lipstick /liner in place and on longer. And I like the fact that it is slender instead of wide like my previous Bliss Lip Guaze. I love it- and went back and got another!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by miss_mae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product does exactly what its name promises - it acts as an invisible borderline to keep make-up from feathering. When I apply around the lipline, it keeps even runny red lipstains from feathering. I tried it under my eyes, and found that it keeps liner from getting in the fine lines below my eyes. This is a new staple in my make-up drawer. I will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Rachaelein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

SCORE!!!

Once in a while you find that one product that makes so many other products work better and invigorates your makeup experience...and this is one of them! Borderline is doing for my lips what UDPP (and my other primer favorite, MAC Painterly) did for my eyes -- opening up a whole new world where my existing products can be fabulous and wear more beautifully with less maintenance.

I'm a lipstick and gloss junkie. Always have been. Unfortunately, my lipstick and gloss have required near constant upkeep, as I experience a lot of feathering (esp. above the top lip in the cupid's bow area).

I have tried many, many tricks to avoid this -- I've exfoliated, moisturized, tried various primers, plumpers, regular liners and clear liners, and nothing has ever really worked. Until now. This stuff really works!

I almost teared up the first time I wore this, checked my lipstick an hour later, and saw no feathering. It's that good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed! It goes on clear and smooth, and is easy to make a consistant line. I tried it today with a very red lipstick that has traveled and feathered in the past. I used the Borderline around the outside of my lip line, a red liner on the lipline and lip, and then the lipstick. My lipstick stayed where it was supposed to all day. I didn't get any feathering or bleeding, and I ended up with a better lipshape than I can usually do on my own with just the red liner. I really like this product! I've tried it with lip gloss too, I don't know that its necessary with gloss or made a huge difference, since I don't have trouble with lip gloss feathering. Only bummer, mine didn't come with a sharpener, it seems older versions did.