Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Peach

3.9

on 8/17/2014 3:17:00 PM

I give only 3 rating, but say Yes to buy it again because I found that it works very well as under eye concealer! It didn't look good when I use it as eyeshadow or primer. I almost threw it away, then I accidentally swatched product under my left eye, I tried to blend it in, n wow the dark circle just magically hidden! Since then I've used it as color corrector. They should just put it in that category and sell it properly. lol

i am a big fan of nars smudge proof eye shadow base and i like this just as much. i like how the peach neutralizes my brownish eye lid area...upper lid and lower lid (some days are worse than others) and this does a fantastic job in giving me a clean canvas to put my eye shadow on. it brightens my eyes instantly. some days, i just wear this and eyeliner and go. it gives me a very polished, clean, effortless look. i have oily lids and this does crease slightly during hot weather if i dont top it with an eye shadow but it is very minor. i am sure i will get a lot of use during cooler months when i feel lazy but still want to look polished.

on 8/26/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am very pale with dark bluish purple under eye circles. A makeup artist used this on my under eye area and it worked tremendously to correct them. It lasts all day long since it is the same formula as their actual eye primer, just with a peachy color instead of being flesh toned. It is incredible!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is exactly what I was looking for. After falling in love with YSL touche eclat in #3, and using it on my eyelids, I realized I would run out really fast if I was using it on my whole eye area, nose, and edges of my lips. So I went ahead and bought this for my eyelids and outer edges. I feel that my eyes are deep set, but still not small, which creates a lot of shadows in my eye area. Also I have natural darkness in my eye lids. I just dab the applicator on the back of my hand and dab the products on to my lids to brow area, along with the outer edges. I really enjoy it, adds to a more polished look, but still stays completely natural. I think it's a little thick to use all over like YSL TE, but I'm really enjoying this for every day. I'm South Asian, about NC35-40 in MAC, GA FF #4, Dior TM #3.

on 12/4/2008 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am a MAC NW23 if that helps any. I LOVE this for undereye circles. Mine are herditary and NOTHING comes close to blending them away like this does. I have small, deep set eyes. My circles are not only under my eye, but my top lids all the way up to my brow bone are also shaded a mute brown color. It seems like no matter what makeup I wore...I always looked like I had brown eyeshadow underneath, which made my eyeshadow come out looking gray...no matter what colors I used. This has solved that problem for me. It gives my eyes a nice uniform color as a base, allowing me to apply eyeshadow over it and have the true color stand out. LOVE THIS STUFF!
**EDIT**
After close inspection in the daytime, I notice this stuff is too crepey looking under my eyes. EVERY time I wear this under my eyes, my boss asks me if I'm ok? She says I look tired! Wont be using this again.

on 9/15/2008 9:15:00 PM

Surprise - I like this a lot better for what it does under my eyes than over. I'm a little confused as to whether this is billed as an eye shadow or primer. In either case, it's not particularly good. But this makes an amazing, long-lasting eye brightener! Put it, in this color (peach) on the circles under your eyes and you'll be amazed how good they look! If you find it a little drying, put it over or mixed with eye cream. Cover it sheerly with foundation if you think it looks too pink. I swear - this works!

on 3/21/2008 10:21:00 AM

I like to try cream e/s, and this e/s' color was so pretty in the tube. It was a flat creamy peach with no shimmer. It comes in a tube similar to lip gloss, with a doe foot applicator. I think it would be really good as a base, and I think it would be really pretty alone. The texture is soft and it blends pretty easily, but the color is so sheer and subtle. I didn't like this shade on me, but I'm sure it would look beautiful on someone else.