September 20, 2014 | 1860 users online

Cleansers - Jurlique - Purifying Cleansing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on the fence about this cleanser. I'm pretty "meh" about it. This is a non-lathering cleanser and its very very thin so its a bit like putting a runny lotion on your face and trying to cleanse it with it.

I use a seperate eye makeup remover so I can't speak to how it takes off eye makeup. I can't image it working well for that though.

The scent of it is rather strong. It has a lot of essential oils in it so it has a very "essential oily" smell to it.

I can't really speak to the price because I got mine in a swap but I can say that if I was left to buy this, I most likely wouldn't. I know that Jurlique can be rather expensive and from what I can tell from the ingredients, I can get a cleanser similar to this for a third of the price at any Whole Foods.

Speaking of ingredients, a couple of things. This would not be safe for people who are either celiac/wheat or gluten allergy or who have a Balsam of Peru allergy. There is wheat in this and also a couple of ingredients that would set off a very serious reaction if you had a Balsam of Peru allergy. Linalool and Geraniol, for specifics.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by StaceyRoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser leaves the skin feeling gently cleansed, without that 'tight' feeling that we so often associate with 'clean', but which more often means our skin has been robbed of it's natural oils. This product also smells divine (mine is citrus for oily skin) and helps me to wake up in the morning. The previous reviewer is right in saying this product is not great for removing heavy eye makeup, but I find it removes my other makeup fine. Love it :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 3:41:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the new cleansers in Jurlique's repackaged line. I was looking for a makeup remover and cream cleanser which I also use as a pre-cleanse in the morinngs before steaming with the AHC's. I have acne prone oily skin that tends to be dehydrated. This was very nourishing and clean feeling, but perhaps a little too lightweight for my taste and doesn't remove heavy makeup, but overall it does the job without breaking me out or leaving a sticky film.