July 28, 2014 | 1731 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Italian Badger Buffer Brush Large

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It looks good, but the quality is poor. There's a lot of cut bristles that make it scratchier, plus the brush never stopped shedding like crazy. Yes, it's pretty dense, but I really don't feel like picking about twenty bristles off my face every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by obebeo

i love this brush! Super soft and better then i expected. i use this brush to blend in my foundation and it does the job perfectly. i will definitely but this brush again and recommend it to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm sad... my buffer brush has finally gone out. After over a year of use everyday it's starting to get a bit scratchy, and I have to say for the price I paid for it (under $10 USD) it's a great value and a great brush! I'm not sure why the hair is getting a little scratchy, and it's only noticeable when I'm buffing. I bought a brand new one and I don't have that problem, so I assume it's the using of it everyday and possibly not taking care of it as much as I should have (not washing it as much as I should have (YUM!) and keeping it stored upside down... or in a makeup bag constantly. For a beating, this thing kept up very well. I bought another one, because even though it's scratchy, the darn thing works just as well as it would have the first day I got it! I just have roscea and if I use it, it irritates my roscea and makes my cheeks get all red and splotchy because of the irritation. I would recommend this brush to anyone though!!! Gogogo!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by JamieMonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WOW everyone is saying this brush is SCRATCHY but i just got the brush yesterday and my brush is really SOFT!!! I LOVE THIS brush with the rest of Coastal scents brushes!!! All the brushes i have from CS are all so SOFT!!! I am very pleased with their brushes and i would never ever spend $50 on a MAC brush Especially when you can get a Coastal Scents brush Way Cheaper and they work Amazing!!! The Brushes do NOT shed all the time and i just LOVE COASTAL SCENTS!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I emailed coastal scents wanting to refund this brush. It is so scratchy and I am not super fussy to begin with. CS did not reply my email. Threw it into the bin after receiving it. wasting my time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for buffing your foundation but oh-so-scratchy...It hurts my skin. 2 years ago when I bought it, it was okay--really liked it for powder foundation-- but now, no no no. =(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this for buffing in my powder foundation for I just hate using the sponge thing. This has very dense bristles and imo the bristle length is perfect for buffing powder on. This actually helps me to get better coverage without the cakey look using a sponge. The brush is sturdy too.

When using the finger to swipe through the brush, I can feel that the bristles are quite soft but... try swiping the brush on a larger area, like your arm in a swirling motion, you will know this isn't that good though this is cheap. It's so scratchy! Imagine rubbing sth scratchy on your face - it's just like a physical scrub everyday and who wants that!?

This brush actually reminds me of the Everyday Minerals one, which imo, wasn't scratchy at all. The EDM one is even a tad cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this buffer brush while i was waiting for Coastal Scents Other buffer brush to come back into stock , I liked this to begin with but i did find it a little stiff and rough on my face. Of course when i got my hands on the other brush this was just left lying there as it just doesn't compair , I wouldnt buy this brush again simply because they make another one which is soooo much better IMO and its just to rough.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I love this brush so much!! I've used it to apply liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, maybelline mouse foundation, blush and bronzer. Brilliant. I have dry skin that's why I said below that it makes dry patches visible, but I guess it's my skin's problem not the brush lol. HOWEVER, the funky smell is still there.....it's been about 5 months and I washed it probably a dozen times but the smell won't go away.....good thing is the brush is now softer! =)

This would be a great brush if the hair is softer and not stink as much.
I've washed it several times by now and the unpleasant smell is still there, although not as strong, there's still a smell on the brush. And the brush scratches my face.

Pros: Great multi-functional brush. I used it to apply liquid foundation, blush, & bronzer and I'm really liking the effect it gives with both the blush & bronzer. Not much for foundation as it makes the dry patches show up.

Overall, it's a great brush but I won't repurchase. I'd probably try the other brushes by Coastal Scents tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY AT MAC!!!