July 28, 2014 | 1678 users online

Shampoo - Sukin - Purifying shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

because I love the facial products from sukin, I thought I would try their range of shampoo/conditioner. first application of the shampoo is money pouring down the drain, it hardly foams at all. So I have to apply a 2nd lot of shampoo to actually get any sort of bubbles to clean my hair. while it did make my hair feel healthier, I dont think ill buy it again. The bottle is also frustrating, its hard to squeeze the shampoo out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by norahlola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really want to like this... but my hair is fine and a little on the oily side and it just never seems to look or feel quite clean enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by shtabassum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst shampoo & conditioner for dry hair. It made my hair even more dry and frizzy. I have been loosing a lot of hair after using this shampoo & conditioner. After every wash I don't feel like touching my hair they are so greasy and sticky. Would never use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

Wow not as much love as I'd thought they'd be for this shampoo, I think it's great shampoo. It cleans hair without over stripping and drying it out and hence turning my roots greasy. It smells really nice and botanical and I really like these natural type products as they don't contain parabens, fragrances, petrochemicals, etc which are all bad for health and especially irritates sensitive skin. I enjoy all sukin products and I will be repurchasing this shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Mariannn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I personally did not like this shampoo much, I feel that if I had oily hair I would have much preferred it. It just did not work with my dry, coarse hair.

Overview:

Pros - Good value for money (I purchased for approx. 5 for 500ml at TK Maxx), no harsh chemicals (e.g. parabens, SLS, EDTA etc.), no residue or build up.

Cons - Slightly dried out my hair, I found the orange scent a little artificial smelling, virtually zero lather (this did not bother me much as I know that this is a small compromise to make, considering the other benefits of organic products, but I know this will bother a lot of people)

For those with oily hair, I would give this a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I personally love this shampoo. I like that it doesn't lather much because it doesn't have SLS (the reason why shampoos later). The more SLS, the bigger the lather effect. I use a squirt in different sections of my scalp and it works fine. This shampoo is drying on its own but nothing the conditioner won't fix. It smells great and my hair is clean. Without conditioner my hair just has more body. It's a purifying shampoo so yes, it will be slightly harsher on hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Truth be told, this shampoo does its job and cleans well. Call me a victim of consumer marketing, but I have issues with the process of getting clean using this product.

It doesn't lather ONE BIT. So it's really difficult to judge if you've spent enough time scrubbing and covered all ground. That is especially crucial if, like me, you do weekly hair mask treatments with warm coconut oil. Needed two separate washes with this to get all the oil out.

If you can live with the VERY STRONG artificial orange scent and with not seeing or feeling any lather, then by all means, get this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Love the idea and the smell and how natural this product is. On the downside though it doesn't quite clean my hair enough I have an oily scalp and it doesn't quite clean it enough I need go wash more frequently. Nice smell and makes my hair feel nice but doesn't clean enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lggordon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the smell of it but when I put it on my hair I knew it wasn't going to be a good match. It doesn't spread through the hair easily so I needed to lather 3 times (I have almost shoulder length hair) in order to get all of my scalp/hair clean and the more I used it, the drier my hair felt. I have to admit that the PEG and coco-betaine ingredients were a bit of a turn off and even though it smells great I found it to be very drying.
I decided to do an experiment--wash my hands twice with it to see how my skin would react (it's something that I do with products to see if my scalp with react positively or negatively) and my hands were extremely dry and stiff.
So I'm going to return this and see if I can't find something that's better.
Another thing to note about Sukin: their products pretty much use the same ingredients with a couple missing here and there. I think their body wash and hand cleanser are exactly the same in terms of ingredients. Has anybody else noticed this?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by hstln92

I buy the big bottle with the pump... they should definitely stop manufacturing it this way!! The product is much too thick for the pump.

I really love this shampoo and the idea of it, but like other reviewers I do have a hard time lathering it into my hair. But you do need to take into account all the chemicals that this product doesn't have. Like SLS, the chemical that makes products bubbly, is not in this shampoo.

So I guess it all comes down to how much you really want to avoid harsh chemicals.

This does give your hair a good wash but you do need to use quite a bit of shampoo. My hair feels stronger and shinier. I use it with the conditioner.