Sukin Purifying shampoo

2.7

on 7/14/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I loved this product at first. It made my hair nice and soft and didn't weigh it down at all. However, I noticed after a couple of weeks that is was fading my dyed hair much faster than any other shampoo I'd used previously. As a faux-redhead, and red being a colour that tends to fade a lot faster than others anyway, this is the last thing I want in a shampoo!

on 6/22/2015 12:44:00 AM

I have very strong and shiny, healthy thick hair that can get greasy. I decided to make the switch to a sulfate-free, organic brand.

This shampoo in combination with the complementary nourishing conditioner dried out my hair so much that my hair fell out and broke off in CLUMPS. It cleaned my hair but it also made my scalp exceptionally itchy and greasy and I developed some kind of dermatitis using this. I strongly do not recommend this range but in contrast, absolutely adore their protein range (so see my review if you would like more details!).

Aside from the product, the price is a slightly higher range than mainstream supermarket brands, and I think could benefit from a pump rather than a squeeze top. The smell is lightly botanical and does not linger in the hair.

on 3/1/2015 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Tis shampoo is very drying, I'll stick to shea moisture much more moistirizing.

on 1/8/2015 1:58:00 PM

My previous shampoo left my scalp smelling a little bit moldy and itchy, yikes! (Brand: Naked). Because of that I started doing more ryeflour-shampooing but as I went abroad I became lazy and wanted something quick and easy to do/carry and I bought this for a try after quickly reading through the list of ingredients.
Warning; It does contain Cocoamidopropyl Betaine -- synthetic allergen. My mind mixed up the names of chemicals when I read the ingredients. If I had remembered it I would not have bought it.

So far it has worked well. I find that it lathers very well. I have not used hairproducts containing any kind of silicone for the past 6 months. I sometimes use coconutoil as conditioner. I usually wash my hair every third or fourth day. I like the way this shampoo makes my roots feel clean but not dried up. Smell is alright but not my cup of tea, doesn't last long anyways.

Looking forward to see how it continues. So far so good. I've used it on my face too btw when I've been on the road and I had no reaction hehe.

Pro:
- Big bottle - lot of value

Cons:
- Contains Cocoamidopropyl Betaine (CPBA)
- Big bottle = bulky to carry... + I tend to waste/use more than necessary when I have a big bottle... ehe

I wouldn't buy it again though.
1. Contains CPBA
2. Expensive + big bottle (I like small bottles better)
3. Unavailable in my country

on 9/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I grabbed some of this when I ran out of my usual locally made cerified organic shampoo. I love the way it smells, but although they call themselves "Sukin Organics", it's not actually organic! Yes it may be free of harmful chemicals as they claim, but without a certification to back it up, they're just claims, not proof, unfortunately.

It's probably better for you than the typical (cancer-causing) brands, but take that extra step and get certified organic if you truly care about your health!

on 8/9/2014 3:21:00 AM

This is a low lathering shampoo; Sukin claims it does not include SLS and SLES, which are sulfates that help shampoo to lather. In order to get a good lather, some people may be using too much of this product, and drying out their hair. The trick is to use only a moderate amount and to persist in spreading it around your wet hair with your fingers. I prefer low lathering shampoos because I can't see the point of applying superfluous chemicals to my hair. Once you get used to them, it feels weird to go back to the really foamy shampoos. This product works well for me. Pleasant fragrance.

on 7/25/2014 9:12:00 AM

because I love the facial products from sukin, I thought I would try their range of shampoo/conditioner. first application of the shampoo is money pouring down the drain, it hardly foams at all. So I have to apply a 2nd lot of shampoo to actually get any sort of bubbles to clean my hair. while it did make my hair feel healthier, I dont think ill buy it again. The bottle is also frustrating, its hard to squeeze the shampoo out of it.

on 6/12/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really want to like this... but my hair is fine and a little on the oily side and it just never seems to look or feel quite clean enough.

on 5/26/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Worst shampoo & conditioner for dry hair. It made my hair even more dry and frizzy. I have been loosing a lot of hair after using this shampoo & conditioner. After every wash I don't feel like touching my hair they are so greasy and sticky. Would never use this product again.

on 5/21/2014 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Wow not as much love as I'd thought they'd be for this shampoo, I think it's great shampoo. It cleans hair without over stripping and drying it out and hence turning my roots greasy. It smells really nice and botanical and I really like these natural type products as they don't contain parabens, fragrances, petrochemicals, etc which are all bad for health and especially irritates sensitive skin. I enjoy all sukin products and I will be repurchasing this shampoo

Popular Shampoos