Sukin Purifying shampoo

2.8

on 3/1/2015 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Tis shampoo is very drying, I'll stick to shea moisture much more moistirizing.

on 1/8/2015 1:58:00 PM

My previous shampoo left my scalp smelling a little bit moldy and itchy, yikes! (Brand: Naked). Because of that I started doing more ryeflour-shampooing but as I went abroad I became lazy and wanted something quick and easy to do/carry and I bought this for a try after quickly reading through the list of ingredients.
Warning; It does contain Cocoamidopropyl Betaine -- synthetic allergen. My mind mixed up the names of chemicals when I read the ingredients. If I had remembered it I would not have bought it.

So far it has worked well. I find that it lathers very well. I have not used hairproducts containing any kind of silicone for the past 6 months. I sometimes use coconutoil as conditioner. I usually wash my hair every third or fourth day. I like the way this shampoo makes my roots feel clean but not dried up. Smell is alright but not my cup of tea, doesn't last long anyways.

Looking forward to see how it continues. So far so good. I've used it on my face too btw when I've been on the road and I had no reaction hehe.

Pro:
- Big bottle - lot of value

Cons:
- Contains Cocoamidopropyl Betaine (CPBA)
- Big bottle = bulky to carry... + I tend to waste/use more than necessary when I have a big bottle... ehe

I wouldn't buy it again though.
1. Contains CPBA
2. Expensive + big bottle (I like small bottles better)
3. Unavailable in my country

on 9/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I grabbed some of this when I ran out of my usual locally made cerified organic shampoo. I love the way it smells, but although they call themselves "Sukin Organics", it's not actually organic! Yes it may be free of harmful chemicals as they claim, but without a certification to back it up, they're just claims, not proof, unfortunately.

It's probably better for you than the typical (cancer-causing) brands, but take that extra step and get certified organic if you truly care about your health!

on 8/9/2014 3:21:00 AM

This is a low lathering shampoo; Sukin claims it does not include SLS and SLES, which are sulfates that help shampoo to lather. In order to get a good lather, some people may be using too much of this product, and drying out their hair. The trick is to use only a moderate amount and to persist in spreading it around your wet hair with your fingers. I prefer low lathering shampoos because I can't see the point of applying superfluous chemicals to my hair. Once you get used to them, it feels weird to go back to the really foamy shampoos. This product works well for me. Pleasant fragrance.

on 7/25/2014 9:12:00 AM

because I love the facial products from sukin, I thought I would try their range of shampoo/conditioner. first application of the shampoo is money pouring down the drain, it hardly foams at all. So I have to apply a 2nd lot of shampoo to actually get any sort of bubbles to clean my hair. while it did make my hair feel healthier, I dont think ill buy it again. The bottle is also frustrating, its hard to squeeze the shampoo out of it.

on 6/12/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really want to like this... but my hair is fine and a little on the oily side and it just never seems to look or feel quite clean enough.

on 5/26/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Worst shampoo & conditioner for dry hair. It made my hair even more dry and frizzy. I have been loosing a lot of hair after using this shampoo & conditioner. After every wash I don't feel like touching my hair they are so greasy and sticky. Would never use this product again.

on 5/21/2014 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Wow not as much love as I'd thought they'd be for this shampoo, I think it's great shampoo. It cleans hair without over stripping and drying it out and hence turning my roots greasy. It smells really nice and botanical and I really like these natural type products as they don't contain parabens, fragrances, petrochemicals, etc which are all bad for health and especially irritates sensitive skin. I enjoy all sukin products and I will be repurchasing this shampoo

on 4/3/2014 1:20:00 PM

Although I personally did not like this shampoo much, I feel that if I had oily hair I would have much preferred it. It just did not work with my dry, coarse hair.

Overview:

Pros - Good value for money (I purchased for approx. 5 for 500ml at TK Maxx), no harsh chemicals (e.g. parabens, SLS, EDTA etc.), no residue or build up.

Cons - Slightly dried out my hair, I found the orange scent a little artificial smelling, virtually zero lather (this did not bother me much as I know that this is a small compromise to make, considering the other benefits of organic products, but I know this will bother a lot of people)

For those with oily hair, I would give this a go.

on 7/31/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I personally love this shampoo. I like that it doesn't lather much because it doesn't have SLS (the reason why shampoos later). The more SLS, the bigger the lather effect. I use a squirt in different sections of my scalp and it works fine. This shampoo is drying on its own but nothing the conditioner won't fix. It smells great and my hair is clean. Without conditioner my hair just has more body. It's a purifying shampoo so yes, it will be slightly harsher on hair.

Top Rated Sukin Products