December 18, 2014 | 1089 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Natural Match in #9 Ash Blonde

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by susiemaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 53 and have very fine hair with 25 percent gray . I am very fair with a cool skin tone so I like very light ash shades that will complement my colouring plus cover my gray. I purchased this product about 3 months ago on sale and decided today was a good day to try it out because I haven't coloured my hair in three months. I had about three inches or so of mousy dark blonde/grayish regrowth, and the rest of my hair was a medium light ash blonde. I followed the instructions exactly and liked the fact the colour seemed quite thick and didn't drip at all. My scalp tingled a bit at first but I didn't notice any heavy ammonia smell. While waiting, I was looking at the developing colour in my litle hand mirror and noticed the colour was slightly blue tinged. I do know that some ashtones can leave ones hair looking green, greyish or blue (happened to me before, yuck) so i was little bit concerned. Not to fear! I washed it out after thirty minutes and blow dried my hair. I LOVE THE COLOUR! Ultra light blonde just like the box promised. There are no gold tones, just a nice 'white blonde" like I had when I was a kid. I do notice a very very slight bluish tinge in natural light,but its insignificant. I would buy this colour again. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone whose hair is not in fairly good shape (too much margin for error going this light from a box)and who has warm skin tones. (it would look unnatural)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by castlequeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have only one quibble with this product; it doesn't fully cover grey hair. I have a spot on each side of my temples and although the colour works for 2 weeks, it fades quickly & grey shows. Otherwise, it's a very good hair colour. Easy on the hair, less ammonia and an excellent applicator. It sells for $14.99 here in Canada which is a bit steep compared to others but...I'm worth it:) Yes, I'll repurchase it mainly because the colour is almost exactly the same shade as my original. That is a bonus & far less expensive than trips o the salon. Since using "Natural Match" I've cut my hair colour at the stylist by a third. That's where I save the money. Good product overall. P.S. I believe the exact colour label reads "9C Light Ash Blonde." (I tried to edit my entry, could not).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No