April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing this product in the color of Rose Show. The lipstick overall was sheer and hydrating. It did not last long, so I have to keep reapplying. It has a little shimmer to it, not anything over the top. The packaging is shiny, beautiful, and pricey looking. You can tell that it is a high-end lipstick just by glancing at it. I can wear this everyday, but I find the Rose Show color to not be very complimenting. Although the color has been discontinued, I would definitely like to try Sensation Coral. Great product overall, but Rose Show was a bad choice of color for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is a wonderfully moisturizing lipstick. I am currently using it as a balm because no lip treatment that I have can help my lips right now (they are recovering from an allergic reaction). It applies very soft, but there is one thing that I don't like about this lipstick: it forms that disgusting white cast along the inner rim of my lips. That's the only reason why I will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this in 214 Nude Silhouette. I liked it when I got it because it was my first lipstick and honestly it's not really a lipstick. It's so sheer it may as well be a gloss and even then it feels more like a lip balm. It's shiny and shimmery and it was fine to make the transition from 'gloss' to 'lipstick' but I would not purchase again. I barely remember using it yet my tube is pretty much empty because you have to reapply all the time. Seriously worse than my current YSL lipstick because at least my YSL shows some color when I apply it (it's also in a nude/beige tone).

I'm now disappointed with this product. Too sheer as with most Dior products. I'll give a few more shots to the brand but so far I've been disappointed by almost all their products...

The packaging is okay, it doesn't feel as luxurious as YSL or Chanel, but more trendy or flashy. It is much cheaper but the former two but still! I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be the best lipstick ever! Glossy, shinny/sparkly payoff without the goopy, sticky mess of a lipgloss. The colors are beautiful and can be built-up from sheer to semi-opaque. They have a lightweight feel, and the closet texture compaison are the Clinique Almost lipsticks (only Dior's formula is way glossier). I bought #420 (Bronze Bombshell) on a whim a few years back, and I've been in love with this formula ever since. Sketch Pink #864 has to be my favorite pink lippie. I know others are just as in love, since the Nordstroms site had a disclaimer "order limit of 6 lipsticks per month" (unheard of). The price is pretty high ($26), but I have yet to find any other lipstick with the amount of shine payoff (sans goopy/sticky lipgloss) and lightweight texture. To my dismay, I found out Dior discontinued this lipstick, or I would definately buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in "Blush. Feels like a gloss more than a lipstick, feels very soft & smooth & moisturizing. Lasted about 2 hours on me with no eating or drinking & minimal talking. Pretty pricey but I love the packaging. Would probably re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Kiki91768

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

as gloss go this is the very best.I love it because it comes in the form of a lipstick but its a gloss. This means I am not wasting anything and its not sicky like the MAC glosses. It does last a while and I use 454 Rose Show which has enough color so shine my lips but with a nice finish gloss over it. p.s. goes great on olive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own this lipstick in #530 Spotlight Coral.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW: Smooth, creamy, medium glossy look that last a few hours. The color glides on sheer and is buildable; most of the colors have relatively unnoticeable or no shimmer. This feels like I am wearing a lip conditioner instead of a lipstick or gloss. It's not sticky, not messy... it wears very nice.

COLOR OVERVIEW: In my recent past, I shunned any orange-type lip color with the reasoning that orange lips simply aren't found in nature (birds aside) and therefore didn't belong on my face. However, after seeing a TV personality's (with an olive tone and dark features similar to mine) adorable rosy, slightly apricot glossy lips, I knew I needed that pucker in my life! Searching the aisles of Sephora, I made a remarkable discovery...coral! I realized that I had never instinctively picked up coral shades before. Oh, why not??? It is so lovely on my golden olive skin! After trying every lipstick, liner, and gloss in coral from almost every line, I decided on High Shine #530 as it was the perfect balance of subtle, sexy, orange, and pink. The lipstick requires a few coats to achieve the "pinky" look the TV gal rocked, but even with fewer coats, it looks natural enough for me to like and wear. I would rate this a "4" because of the price, but since I can appreciate when I am able to recreate looks that I love -- extra lippy for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by StellaStarlight

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this line of lipsticks as it is very hydrating, has superb sheer colors and is perfect for when I want some color and shine but don't want to wear lipstick. I detest lip gloss as I hate the sticky feeling a lot of them have though what is nice about gloss is that they can provide a nice hint of color. This lipstick is great because it provides color so your look is brightened or enhanced, some shine and hydration. I find a lot of lipsticks drying so I also use this over lipstick. It is pricey but worth every penny. I first bought Mordore/Bronze Bombshell to wear in the summer and I loved it so much I have bought 3 more colors, despite the cost! Model Brown is a brownish pinky burgundy and is a nice intensifier to my natural lip color. Front Row Fig - a more intense brownish burgundy is another great color, especially for evening or the winter and Champagne Blush is a lovely pinky golden shade. Treat yourself to this line if you're looking for a sheer color with some pizzazz. There is a nicely selective range of colors so I think there may be something for everyone. I have to hold myself back from buying more!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by greatglamdc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not a HUGE lipstick person, but when I feel like dressing up the lips- I use this in Sensation Coral- it is more pinky than anything and has a very pretty pink sparkle to it. Not too sparkly, but just enough to make your lips look great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by yaranas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually have a problem with lipsticks; my lips always seem to dry out with lipsticks, so for awhile I have been just using lipgloss on its own. Then I decided to turn to this, and I'm so glad I did!

I have this in Backstage Pink and Spotlight Coral. The colors on both are vibrant, but not shocking at all. They are also both very wearable. There are fine shimmers, but they are so fine that they don't settle into the lines of your lips. It also leaves a nice sheen and I find that I don't need to apply lip gloss over it.

Backstage Pink is a nice, fun berry pink. It looks great with lavender eyeshadow or a heavy eyeliner look. It looks scary in the tube (like bright hot pink) but it looks very nice on the lips.

Spotlight Coral is also really nice. Unlike other coral lipsticks, it leans more towards the pink side rather than the orange side. I actually find this to be very wearable, and I think you can get away with wearing this to work. The picture here shows me wearing Spotlight Coral.

I wouldn't say it's kiss-proof or water bottle-proof, but I am very happy with this lip gloss. I will definitely try out other colors in the future.