December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by meertiger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite blushes! Since my skin is pretty fair I don't have issues with it showing up, and its the perfect subtle matte pink to give a healthy glow without looking like I have on a ton of blush. Its very natural looking yet perks my skin up just enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by angelabasinillo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color is really pretty and it looks so natural on me. However, you really have to put so much to make the color show through. I also noticed that the color fades away after some hours. Pretty, but not really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Ollyli

I didn't think this product was anything special besides the packaging at first, but when aging hits I've started to love this product! I like how it's a matte finish and gives the illusion of a healthy complexion. I also love mixing it with my bronzers or blushes that needed a bit of brightening up. If you have blushes that gives you a dirty complexion then try combing them with Alpha girl to see if it will counteract the problem.
Some of my fav combos are:
Alpha girl + Nars Orgasm
A.G + Nars Laguna ( Laguna makes me cheeks look muddy if I use it by itself)
A.G + Benefit Dallas
A.G + Benefit dandelion
A.G + Dolly Mix

This beauty powder/ blush really makes me feel younger compare to other blushes. I try to avoid shimmery and plummy colors as they tend to make me look older.

For reference I use nars Fiji. Pale with a yellow undertone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

CLEAR! This product does not show up on me at all. Nothing. I am NC42 so maybe it would work for someone way lighter than me. I bought this from a sale where I was intrigued by the packaging, so I wasn't able to try it out before buying. Also, when i swatch it, I don't notice any significant color either, so maybe it's just super sheer and not very pigmented.

For anyone looking for a highlighter/blush in the shade this appears to be, I highly recommend trying Cargo BluRay highlighting powder in either color (peach or pink). That is basically what I had hoped this product would be like. The Cargo one is actually pigmented and I love it. See my review on that if you want more info.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Compared with other beauty powders that I came across with, Alpha Girl has just the right amount of intensity to show up on my NC20 skin tone. Lighter skin tones can definitely get away with this beauty powder. However, if you go any where from medium dark to dark skin tones, this may not work for you. On my cheeks, it gives that subtle pinky coral blush with a semi matte finish. I love using it as a subtle blush, a finishing powder on top of cream blushes, or a blending powder for some of my very pigmented blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is a very pretty peachy pink that gives you a nice glow from within blush. It's very soft and subtle, so if that's what you're looking for I recommend this guy. Very neutral, no shimmer, kinda matte, just very soft, I can't think of how else to describe it. I prefer this over Nars Orgasm for sure, which can be shimmery and pigmented and a little much. AG's great for daytime or at night with a smoky eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

This is one of the few products I have a backup of. It's a cool pink with a nice sheen to it, and it instantly brightens up my face as soon as I put it on. It's very easy to blend, and a little goes a long way. I think it looks quite good with a smokey eye and light lip - just enough to give color to your cheeks, but it never competes. The neon pink compact with silver dots is just way too cute too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goodness! I couldn't for the life of me, get this color to show up! I'm too dark for this color. I don't know if this would slightly show up on someone colored NC15/NW15.. just because the pink is so sheer. The compact is the cutest, but maybe they should've made these bronzers or something more versatile! Wouldn't purchase again, I would depot that powder and keep the packaging for a better powder to be kept inside!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by xMissFortunex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I mainly bought this for the compact. The actual Beauty Powder is ok.I'm aware that Bp's are supposed to be sheerer than blushes. However, what other reason would you use a pink powder? even on my NC15 skin, it hardly shows up. Perfect for a smokey eye or a natural look though, I suppose.

I use it now & again, but I cant wait to depot the BP & use the compact for something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I got this in a swap by a wonderful gal on MUA, I obviously wanted this mostly for the packaging but when I received it I was really shocked at how bright the color was. However, this color is so subtle and sheer. I like it but I don't love it. I use it as blush and it's a pink color but very, very sheer. I would def purchase this again but since it is LE I will just have to refill my compact with something else.
UPDATE: I no longer use this as a blush since I discovered pink swoon. I now use this for those days when I need a little color or pick me up (me and bronzer do not agree). I also depotted this and filled the compact with my azalea blossom blush. It looks fab!