MAC Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

4.2

on 4/16/2015 2:36:00 AM

Love it. A very pretty sheer peach pink color. Very sheer on own but I love it over a little Macs Melba blush.... Makes my skin glow. Very pretty for spring/summer.

on 4/11/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is hard for me to understand what MAC thinks a beauty powder is, as some of them have no color and no shimmer, while others look as high metallic blushes - and Alpha Girl is a satin blush on my NC20 skin. Moreover, they don't possess any upgraded performances or strengths and should be taken as is: as pressed powders.

Alpha Girl is a warm toned medium pink with a soft, subtle satin sheen. It is very thin, but for a natural look, it doesn't need much of building up. It wears well for 7 hours on my combination skin before it starts to fade. The texture is silky smooth and there is no excess powder. The shade reminds me of NARS Orgasm, despite being more of a petal pink, when compared side-by-side. On me, it translates as a natural flush with no metallic sheen. I find it to be perfect for no makeup looks. I can't use it as a highlighter, as like some other MAC Beauty Powders. It feels like the only real use of it would be as a blush.

While the color is not hard to finger-swatch, when swatching on my wrist almost no color got translated (see pictures). Still, I have no problems with the application using brushes (MAC 169 and Sephora Pro 59), and two brush swirls were enough to translate the color to my cheeks (see photos).

The good thing about this particular shade of Beauty Powder is the price. If you're into warm toned, coral-looking pinks, and have light or medium light skintone, this would be a good investment as the size is nearly double the size (10 g vs. 6 g) of their regular blushes (25 vs. 29 euros).

on 7/3/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is one of my favorite blushes! Since my skin is pretty fair I don't have issues with it showing up, and its the perfect subtle matte pink to give a healthy glow without looking like I have on a ton of blush. Its very natural looking yet perks my skin up just enough!

The color is really pretty and it looks so natural on me. However, you really have to put so much to make the color show through. I also noticed that the color fades away after some hours. Pretty, but not really worth it.

on 4/12/2012 1:03:00 AM

I didn't think this product was anything special besides the packaging at first, but when aging hits I've started to love this product! I like how it's a matte finish and gives the illusion of a healthy complexion. I also love mixing it with my bronzers or blushes that needed a bit of brightening up. If you have blushes that gives you a dirty complexion then try combing them with Alpha girl to see if it will counteract the problem.
Some of my fav combos are:
Alpha girl + Nars Orgasm
A.G + Nars Laguna ( Laguna makes me cheeks look muddy if I use it by itself)
A.G + Benefit Dallas
A.G + Benefit dandelion
A.G + Dolly Mix

This beauty powder/ blush really makes me feel younger compare to other blushes. I try to avoid shimmery and plummy colors as they tend to make me look older.

For reference I use nars Fiji. Pale with a yellow undertone.

on 12/31/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

CLEAR! This product does not show up on me at all. Nothing. I am NC42 so maybe it would work for someone way lighter than me. I bought this from a sale where I was intrigued by the packaging, so I wasn't able to try it out before buying. Also, when i swatch it, I don't notice any significant color either, so maybe it's just super sheer and not very pigmented.

For anyone looking for a highlighter/blush in the shade this appears to be, I highly recommend trying Cargo BluRay highlighting powder in either color (peach or pink). That is basically what I had hoped this product would be like. The Cargo one is actually pigmented and I love it. See my review on that if you want more info.

on 9/19/2011 6:45:00 AM

Compared with other beauty powders that I came across with, Alpha Girl has just the right amount of intensity to show up on my NC20 skin tone. Lighter skin tones can definitely get away with this beauty powder. However, if you go any where from medium dark to dark skin tones, this may not work for you. On my cheeks, it gives that subtle pinky coral blush with a semi matte finish. I love using it as a subtle blush, a finishing powder on top of cream blushes, or a blending powder for some of my very pigmented blushes.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very pretty peachy pink that gives you a nice glow from within blush. It's very soft and subtle, so if that's what you're looking for I recommend this guy. Very neutral, no shimmer, kinda matte, just very soft, I can't think of how else to describe it. I prefer this over Nars Orgasm for sure, which can be shimmery and pigmented and a little much. AG's great for daytime or at night with a smoky eye.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the few products I have a backup of. It's a cool pink with a nice sheen to it, and it instantly brightens up my face as soon as I put it on. It's very easy to blend, and a little goes a long way. I think it looks quite good with a smokey eye and light lip - just enough to give color to your cheeks, but it never competes. The neon pink compact with silver dots is just way too cute too!

on 9/3/2010 2:03:00 AM

Goodness! I couldn't for the life of me, get this color to show up! I'm too dark for this color. I don't know if this would slightly show up on someone colored NC15/NW15.. just because the pink is so sheer. The compact is the cutest, but maybe they should've made these bronzers or something more versatile! Wouldn't purchase again, I would depot that powder and keep the packaging for a better powder to be kept inside!