MAC Bonus Beat Lipglass - Heatherette

on 4/6/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lipglass! Please bring this shade back MAC!

on 11/7/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

I bought this for only $10 at the CCO so I was already happy! I bought it because of the heatherette packaging <3 and the name was bonus beat! HOW CUTE!? Anyways. I love the color pay off! It's really light. I was SO scared at first but after putting it on top of my pinky/dark nude lipstick it looked AMAZING. I was very happy with it (: I fell head over heals in lovve ! swear. it is just amazing. it's kind of sticky but i expected that :) has AMAZING stay power.

on 6/22/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

WHYYY was this limited edition??? I got this from CCO and fell head over heels! Bonus Beat is great for any skin tone i'd imagine. i am Olive to Dark skin and I was scared, thinking that it would be ghoulish on me... but oh man. With my milk chocolate lip liner, it looks nude and just perfect. I am on a quest to find some thing similar at MAC that will be available year round.

on 5/4/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this to go with the fleshpot lippie from heatherette. it looked so good at the mac counter and i purchased it. i tried to work with this lipgloss, with the fleshpot lipstick and other lipsticks i had. even with underplay....i didnt like the results. it washes me out just like the lipstick and its kinda sticky...

on 3/19/2009 9:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Got this in a swap from the lovely laurence and OMG.. I am in love with bonus beat. It's such a pretty colour when i layer it over my peachy/nude lippie (think siss, underplay, freckletone). It just blends with them turnin' them into diff. colours. Am pretty cautious the amount that I used coz this is limited edition. and dun get me started on the packaging.. the heatherette collections are really purrrddy...

on 9/28/2008 7:05:00 PM

Bonus Beat is such a great nude gloss, and it works great with fair skin, but after a while it kinda starts fading and you can see your natural lip color shine throught. It would work soooo well over nude lipstick. But if you're looking for a less intense nude lip then I would give this gloss a try.

on 7/21/2008 11:29:00 AM

This is the best nude color I've found by MAC, it's not very pale beige and not sand brown. It's nude! I'm glad my lips arent very dark, otherwise I've to buy the Freshpot lipstick ;) and it's sooooo glossy!

"Bonus beat" is also a great name for this gloss, ... go to the Disco!

on 7/3/2008 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

When I first saw this I was totally on the fence, thinking it would look horrible on me! I tried it, and totally fell in love!
It goes on a gold-ish nude, but it isn't quite opaque so my natural lip color shows through a little, giving me a perfect nude shimmer.
It adds a multi-dimensional look to the nude lip, so it's not boring, also makes my lips look plump. Perfect color for summer!
The key to make this work is to use a thin layer, do not glob in on or it will look gross.
Love the pink packaging!
Highly recommend and would repurchase!

on 6/18/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am a little bit iffy about this lipglass. I put it on, and it was disgusting on me. It looked like BOOBOO! It was clumpy and gooey and wouldn't do anything. Then I tried pleasureseeker lipstick on top to see if that would help it. And it didn't really do too much. BUT THEN I went over it with a lip brush and it looked much better. So, I guess the moral is, use this with a lip brush to begin with and it should come out fine. It is a very sparkely nude color. Very pretty. I am hoping I learn to love it more.

on 6/1/2008 8:45:00 PM

First disclaimer - this is a 5 out of 5 over lipstick! It's seriously the most gorgeous nude color EVER - but that is OVER LIPSTICK! That's why I only gave it 4 lippies because its not as amazing on it's own. C-thru is a better nude gloss if you're wearing the gloss on natural lips but over lipstick i MUCH prefer the shimmery and milky quality of Bonus Beat - plus you cannot beat the packaging - so adorable!
Thanks to this lip gloss and a good weekend of shopping I found my HG nude lip looks (although I may have to find another gloss to replace this one when I run out because I don't have a backup) - anyways, the perfect nude lip on me (NW15, dark hair, blue eyes) = Cargo Reverse Lipliner + MAC politely pink l/s + Bonus beat = AMAZING!

Would rebuy however I'm not sure I'd pay a crazy price for it as I wouldn't say it's one of a kind.

Recommended for Medium Skin