Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer - Combination Oily to Oily

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 5%, Avobenzone 3%, Octocrylene 1.3% Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Polyester 8, Silica, Gylcerin, Polysilicone 11, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Olia Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Adenosine Phosphate, Trehalose, Disoduim NADH, Padina Pavonica (Thallus) Extract, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Mifrococcus Lysate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Soduim Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acentate, Trisoloxane, Sucrose, Laurdimonium HyDroxypropl, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Lecithin, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Zeolite, Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene, HydroxyethylCellulose, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethltaurate/VP Copolymer, Acrylic Acid/VP Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN31587]

on 4/22/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this product off and on for years. I'll get tired of it and want to try something natural, but then i always end up coming back to it. For my easily irritated skin that's very oily in places, this is the best SPF moisturizer I've ever tried... and I've tried a ton. For me, the best way to use this is right after cleansing. I put a pea size amount on the back of my hand and mix in a few drops of water to liquify it. I then apply a thin coating to my face and follow with my bare minerals foundation (SPF 15). Some say I'm diluting the sun protection, but all I'm really looking for is a bit of day time moisture. My bare minerals provides the good protection. Important things to note is that this sunscreen is in a 'floating matrix' meaning it's molecules have been designed to be too large to penetrate the pores/ skin and thus won't cause problems. Instead it sits on the top of the skin while still providing great sun protection. I like it too because you can use it at night if in a pinch!

on 3/25/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer is light and fluffy in feeling and seems to sink in well. It doesn't leave a sticky feeling or a residue of any kind which is nice. It didn't break me out or sting my eyes, which was great. I will continue to repurchase this until I find something better.

on 9/6/2012 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

If not for the jar packaging, this would have gotten a "5" from me. I have super sensitive skin with rosacea that took years for me to get under control. This is one of the best products I have found that doesn't aggravate my rosacea, doesn't break me out, while also giving me reliable, broad spectrum sun protection (SPF25 - with avobenzone). It is fragrance free. The texture is silky and it makes my skin soft and happy.

This is my late spring, summer, fall daytime moisturizer. It is not enough to hydrate my skin once the furnaces kick in but that is okay as I have another brand I use during those months.

The only drawback (which downgraded my rating from a "5" to a "4") is the packaging - it's in a jar. Which means that the antioxidant potency greatly decreases every time you open it. Clinique should put this in a tube like the Super Rescue Night Moisturizer so that our skin would benefit more from the many wonderful antioxidants the product contains. But, with picky skin, I am happy to find a product that doesn't make it angry.

I rated the product a "4" on cost. It is $45 for 1.7 oz., but you don't use all that much. One jar will last three months, which is probably fine since the antioxidant potency is likely gone by then.

on 7/19/2012 8:04:00 AM

Great cream. Good SPF, feels nice and creamy for comfort feel but it isn't heavy or oily so doesn't leave my skin with an oil slick (and trust me I have oily skin) and my the number of blemishes I've had has gone down since using.

on 6/2/2011 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm so disappointed with this day creame. I've got oily skin, and I thought this would mattify my skin, but it's just the opposite!!
I'll never buy this again!!

on 4/21/2011 12:13:00 PM

There are a lot of great things about this product, but not enough for me to keep buying at the moment.
It's SPF isn't stable, and it is very expensive for what it is. Plus I am not a fan of the jar packaging.
But there are a lot of positives. It does give a nice finish, and is a good primer before makeup. I almost considered buying a new jar, but didn't.
My tinted moisturizer now has an spf, and buying this just seemed like an added expense.

on 10/2/2010 12:07:00 AM

My skin has never looked so good. I am using a sallicylic acid cleanser, a washcloth to exfoliate and clearasil, followed by this moisturizer. It is so velvety! My skin stays very clear, soft and hydrated with this lotion except in the depths of winter when I need a little more night time moisture. A little goes a long way too- I only need to buy this every three months or so.

The jar package is a little messy, but I think this would be too thick for any other packaging.

on 3/12/2010 5:39:00 PM

I struggle with skin that is acne prone, oily yet dry at the same time and ive used the 3 step skin care for oily skin from clinique on and off for years. The skin care never really showed any improvement sometimes made my skin worse in fact? BUT i just stumbled onto this amazing moisturizer and it made all the difference in the world!!!
I continue to use all three steps for oily skin, but then apply the SUPERDEFENSE SPF25 and now my skin looks and feels amazing and my makeup goes on beautifully! No more blotchyness YAY :)

Hope this helps someone cuz it sure did help me!

on 1/31/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My skin is generally clear and acts up only once every few months. I wanted to try this as it was for combination skin and gave adequate spf protection and other antioxidants. I was pretty disappointed in this product after a few usages. The texture was light, I didn't feel an overwhelming amount of moisture, it felt slightly greasy, and worst of all when putting on foundation it would just crumble up! That was very frustrating. Seeing as how I paid $26.00 for this I was expecting a lot more!

on 12/4/2009 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

When I started using this, I got spots. I persevered for a couple of months to give my skin a chance to get used to it, but it never did - my pores just got increasingly clogged, and more and more blackheads, whiteheads and spots kept appearing. Gross. As an experiment, I stopped using it for a couple of days - the spots started getting better. When I went back to it, they reappeared.

Even though this moisturiser is oil-free, I found it to be quite greasy and heavy. My oily skin developed a shine much quicker when using this compared to other moisturisers. I've given up on it now and only use it as a neck moisturiser (because I can't throw it away...it cost 35!).

Popular Moisturizers