November 23, 2014 | 1124 users online

Blush - Mary Kay - Shy Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ochoseis

I loved the color in the pan, but it doesn't translate like that in my cheecks, you can barely see a touch of coral color and a lot of shimmer, next time I'll get a matte one to see if the payoff is better. I do like it, I'm wearing it right now at the office and is working good. The glitter is very finely milled, and is likely to transfer all over your clothes. This blush reminds me of a more subtle Pearlescent Pink from wet and wild, that's one of my favorite blushes of all times. I prefer the W&W over the MK one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by hegtvedt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews on here. I had just ran out of my Nars . I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

The dead ringer for Nars Orgasm! It leaves a nice peachy sheen and glow...like after an exercise...There`s a lot of shimmer so I only wear this when I go dancing at nite def not for office. The texture glides on smooth...But I had to build up color for it to show ...It brightens my skin tone but somehow the pores on the apples of my cheeks look huge (and shiny) this is mineral makeup after all & if ur allergic u may wanna skip this...It lasts thru 6 hours but had to blot cos it looked oily ..Not to crazy abt the flimsy plastic packaging.. no mirror/brush...not for travels as may slip out.If ur on a budget and want a Nars O dupe this is ok i guess ..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Laski

Very pretty,subtle shimmery blush, indeed similar to Nars Orgasm, even though I find it a bit lighter. Nothing glamourous maybe, but it makes a nice glowy, pretty look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Kaykay77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loooove this blush!! It's very similar to Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this and, yep, it's a dead-on dupe for Orgasm on my fair complexion. I actually used the MK Shy Blush on one cheek and Orgasm on the other, and neither I nor my husband could find any discernible difference between them. Gorgeous color and lasts...I've had it on for well over 8 hours now and no fading whatsoever (wearing it over a sample of MK Timewise Luminous foundation). I think I'm now sold on the new "mineralized" MK line and will be saving myself a boatload of bucks between paying high-end Nars Orgasm prices and instead purchasing the MK versions (Shy Blush and Fancy Nancy gloss). I'm so sold on the these 2 products, I might even purchase the large compact and stock it up for not much more than I pay for 2 Nars products. Hope MK doesn't plan on discontinuing this blush or the FN lipgloss any time soon (but I intend to stock up "just in case").

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty color that would work well with most skin tones. I bought it because I read that it was similar to NARS Orgasm but without the glitter - which is what I wanted. I don't like anything glittery on my face. This blush is a peachy coral with finely milled gold shimmer in it. The color and consistency and pigmentation is great. I think I like it better than my Milani blush in Luminous which is usually my "go to" blush. The packaging is ridiculous. It's meant as a throw away and for you to put in a MK palette so it basically comes in a piece of plastic. I put my in a free style palette similar to the zPalette (Dupe for zPalette for $8 at tkbtrading.com) so I don't mind the cheesy packaging. I bought mine on Ebay for $6 vs through MaryKay for $10. Its very pretty and worth a try if you like coral peachy blush colors with shimmer (no glitter). - Update: Mary Kay is not a cruelty free brand so I've discontinued using this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Sophiebee1079

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use it everyday. I ordered the compact and filled it with three eyeshadows (copper glow, honey spice, and hazelnut), red lipstick, shy blush and the mineral face powder foundation in Beige 1.
I've had it since November of 2010 and it's now June (going into July) of 2011. And I've barely made a dent. For the price you pay, it's worth it. This blush is a really pretty color and great for every day use. I will definitely repurchase.
P.S. I know it seems like it's expensive, but I recommend buying the compact. I've never been much of a makeup/mirror sort of gal, but it sure does make it convenient to pop your makeup in your purse and go...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by sharizzle

I really enjoy this blush. I've never been much of a blush-wearing girl, because I have naturally red cheeks (thank you, Dad) and I feel like adding any more color to my already-colored cheeks just makes them look funny. But, I have a co-worker that also sells Mary Kay, so she brought me in a bunch of samples of all different products and I tried this and I really loved it! It's a pinkish-goldish color and I love how shimmery it is. It's a pretty color overall, and it makes my somewhat dull skin look a little prettier. I've also used it as a quick eyeshadow to brighten up my eyes. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by vzajac29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color! The blush gives my cheeks a hint of color...very natural and a tint of shimmer. Because my skin is on the oily side- the blush comes off very quickly.