April 21, 2014 | 830 users online

Polishes - Orly - Butterflies

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by leachele

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So pretty! Bought it a few weeks ago when I realized I didn't have ANY bright pinks. It's very easy to apply and I've already worn it a few times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I wore this shade alot last year during Summer. I wouldn't wear it on my fingers as it's too bright/vivid for my liking, but I wore it alot on my toes. A very fun/flirty shade. It only took two coats to get it very opaque. I used a top coat as I wanted to get it to last longer without having to touch up or redo my nails, but my experience with Orly polishes in the past is that they do last as long as some of the OPI polishes I have. Dries to a cream finish and is quite glossy without a top coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I thought it would make a great base color to apply under Zoya Bijou and it works perfectly for me like that. The color on its own looks like a coral-pink shade on my skin. I actually find it gorgeous enough to wear on its own even though I don't tend to like jellys or cremes. I love the Orly bottles and brushes, so found it pretty easy to apply. If you like bright corals, coral-pinks, or neons, you'll probably love this shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by VitaRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this hoping that it would be a good summer color. I have tan NC45 skin during the summer so I thought it would look good but sadly it just didnt look right on my finger or toe nails. It applied smoothly and was opaque in pretty much one coat. I love the color but just not on me. Gave to bottle to a friend who is NW15 or so and it looks great on her toes. So, if the color works with your skintone I really recommend it! Unfortunately it just didnt work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I really do love this shade of pink. It's bright without being in your face and interesting enough to draw me away from the darker colors I prefer. I picked it up specifically because I've been trying to find summery colors that can draw me out of my Yasmeen/Rodeo Fanatic/Dark Secret loving usual preferences and this will work...up to a point. I only gave it a 4 because I am one of those people that are bothered by VNL but with 3 coats I think I can deal. It's also going to be the most perfect pink pedi color I've ever seen on me! I am a fair neutral that looks horrid in warm shades and this one doesn't pull coral on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by GlamGirl80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this color! I am all about the pink, and this is lovely. It is soft and feminine, and has just the right brightness to it.
The other thing I really like about Orly nail polishes is that they stay on for quite a long time without chipping.
I recommend trying Orly nail polish, and specifically butterflies!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Orly Butterflies is a muted/almost-but-not-quite neon medium pink jelly creme polish. On my fair with slight yellow undertones complexion it pulled slightly warm coral tones (but was still pink). I was hesitant that it might be too "young" but it isn't - I think anyone can wear this. The application was a little streaky on the first coat but subsquent coats made for a SUPER SHINY and smooth finish. However, since it is of a jelly consistency, I still had visible nail line at four coats (on shorter nails, one could get away with two or three coats). I had no chipping, crazing, or cracking at six days, HOWEVER, the polish was EXTREMELY DULL by day three. The drying time I cannot comment on because I used a coat of Poshe over this which made it dry like lightning. All in all I don't think I will repurchase this because it falls into the Orly category of some of the polishes ending up very dull and I like my manis to look shiny for the entire week (a result I always get with OPI).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by hanj7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this nail polish based on the swatches I saw on the web. From the pictures, I got the feeling that this colour was bright but soft, like a hyped up pastel pink. On me, it's a much hotter pink, not pastel at all, but not bright enough to be neon. Reminds me of pink highlighter (not the exact hue, just the feeling). It's a very summery colour.

For reference, I am pale east asian with yellow undertones. I'm not used to wearing brights anyway but this colour really jumps out at me.

The polish is easy to apply, albeit perhaps a bit on the runny side. It has a watery, translucent feel to it, which I'm fine with (I don't mind my nail showing through, I know many others do though). The polish needs building up to get bottle colour. 2~3 coats will do, but the nail line is still slightly visible after 3.

While typing this up, I realized I should just apply 1~2 coats, since I don't like hot pink but don't mind the nail line... Silly me and my must achieve bottle colour obsession :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Alisa13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an awesome hot pink (not quite neon) jelly creme. It reminds me of a pink highlighter. I achieved bottle color with three coats. You can get away with two coats if you don't mind being able to see the nail line a little bit. I'm pale with cool undertones, and this worked for my skin tone. I think it might work for warm tones as well. The application is excellent, and Orly's rubber cap is great. It's very glossy and smooth and didn't take too long to dry. I had a little bubbling but that was probably due to the hot weather. The wear is excellent, it didn't chip at all for the four days I wore it over Orly Bonder base coat. I think it could've lasted longer, but I wanted to try new colors! I will definitely wear this color again, it's bright and fun without being too obnoxious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really didn't love this color sadly. It's way more pretty in the bottle than on me. It didn't work for my skin tone, a rather veiny blue/green with yellow overtones.

The Color... a very bright cool intense pink, yet not dark. The best part of this color is how Orly invented a cool pastel type pink and intensified it to make it nearly neon bright. You can nearly tell in the bottle it's a jelly polish. The first coat is nearly perfect to apply, and the second just deepens the color (it's pretty opaque for a jelly still). The artistic merit is in the color design, but I really don't like it on me. My skin color changed it to a rather reddish shade, not the light intense color I fell in love with.

Application... perfect, I had very little cleanup. This formula is one of the best ones I've tried and I've tried many. Orly wins a point here too.

The Wear... great, on day 4 I changed polish without a chip in sight. Base and topcoat: Nailtek II Hydration (with Nailtek II Foundation under the color layers).

If you have dark pigmented nails or if you have uneven veiny skin you may have a problem with this color. I wonder will it stay or go in my collection. I will share a pic, I do have more.