October 22, 2014 | 1200 users online

Polishes - Orly - Secret Admirer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Secret Admirer is a slightly lighter version of Crush on You from the same collection, a pastel orange color. It's opaque with 2-3 coats but has the same watery consistency as most of the collection. I expected this color to "pop" like a coral or an orange on me, a springy fun color, but to my surprise is "disappeared" on me like a band-aid polish. The color, although orange, is peachy and soft enough to look flesh-like at least on me with my pale skin. Kind of a creepy look!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

From the spring 2008 "Love Is In the Air" collection. Of the three orange-toned polishes in this collection, Secret Admirer is the trickiest to wear. It's a slightly deeper than pale yellow-orange that will probably be best on warm-toned medium to dark skin. I'm warm but very pale (about NC15), and on me, Secret Admirer is too dark to be a nude but too light to really pop. I ended up frankening it with Orly Pearl Wisdom, a Champagne-colored shimmer, to get an apricot sheer shimmer that is pretty, if not earth-shattering. Like the other polishes in this collection, Secret Admirer is more sheer and streaky than you might expect. Plan on three coats over a good ridge-filling basecoat. Wear, though, is excellent.