October 2, 2014 | 986 users online

Loose Powders - Bella Pierre MIneral Foundation-MF2 Ivory

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Taliera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a different opinion of BellaPierre to what I used to.

For a while (about 3 years) it was my sole foundation, and I never considered switching brands. But now I think I've been conned. Don't get me wrong - this is a great foundation (I gave it 4 stars). But you can't always believe the advertising or indeed the sales assistants!

I was told it was 100% mineral, and that most other foundations have a base of talc so therefore it is very good for your skin and shimmers because of the mineral particles. It does shimmer, but it cannot be 100% mineral because what about the colouring agents? They also said it is the foundation that Angelina Jolie wears - I don't know about that... I was told it was absolutely the best foundation out there, and they convinced me into believing that. They said if it is applied correctly it looks like you're wearing nothing at all. Well, that's sort of true, but it's only for people with really good skin (which I have been blessed with). When I asked a sales assistant from another makeup stall what she thought about BellaPierre, she said she doesn't use it because it doesn't provide enough coverage. Spot on! If you want to have more than light coverage, don't even try it (and there's no point in layering it because it looks cakey).

Another problem is that it's hard to apply it lightly. It looks best with only a *tiny bit* on - but it is always tempting to put just a bit more on if you're in any way unhappy with your looks - then you find you've used too much product! It is also INCREDIBLY hard to get the right amount on the brush. I used to buy it in loose powder (because back then it was the only form), and you fuss around, wasting product trying to shake or brush off the excess. But when I found out they were launching the same foundation in a compact, I was delighted. The application turned out to be MUCH easier.

Unfortunately the online order from BellaPierre arrived as a container of loose, not compact. Then I had to go through the inconvenience of getting it replaced. Also, the price had gone up - AU45 to AU85 - not happy. I wear Diorskin Forever by Dior now, and it is cheaper!

I also found there was a limited range of shades. My skin was too dark for shade 002, and too light for 003. When I used this, I had 002. Now I realize the sale rep talked me into thinking that this was the perfect shade! But if it weren't for the colour, I probably would have stuck with this foundation - it's sheer, good for skin and shimmery - and unfortunately makes me look white.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying shade MF2, I was matched to shade 1 - as I was informed by the s.a that it can suit pale/fairer skintones with a warm undertone I am Mac shade NC20 so at first I thought that shade 01 was very pale -shade MF2 was too yellow on my skintone. Shade MF2 did give me a nice glow. After having tested shade 1 myself at home I found that the shade was okay it is fair and has a nice warm undertone that is not as strong however as shade MF2 . It matched my skin nicely and still provided a nice subtle glow. The shades are great and usually I find that some mineral powders with a yellow undertone are too yellow for me and those with a pink undertone do not suit me - this one is just right. Can be mixed with a moisturiser for a nice light /medium coverage or used on its own for a nice matte look- but needs reapplying throughout the day which is inconvenient (messy)and the packaging gets very messy and the powder can make a mess and spill all over clothes and furniture if you are not careful. horrible packaging. I would not travel with this item and would certainly not use on thego or trust it around my favourite dresses as it can't be easily removed and creates a mess.

I will transfer product into a seperate container which makes less of a mess and use - and only then will I ever purchase again. Very expensive in comaprison to some other good brands.UPDATE: TOO MESSY POWDER GOES ON MY LBD AS ITS A FOUNDATION HARD TO REMOVE AND WENT ON MY BED AND WOULD NOT COME OFF....
TOO MESSSY

The powder foundation overall:

Did not cause breakouts and fragrance free -great because it keeps the skin clear - multi purpose item - may not suit dry skin - great for oily/combi skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the BellaPierre shimmer pigments, and I've been wanting to try their foundation for a while, but it's very expensive.
However, I've started to see their kits in Winners running from $15-30.
I purchased the All Over Eye and Face Kit in Fair. This kit comes with Ivory Foundation (9g), Desert Rose Blush (9g), a makeup base, two shimmer pigments, a foundation brush and an eyeshadow brush.
I love this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly and gives great coverage. I find to get it on nicely I stiple first, then buff it in.
The only downside is the crappy packaging. It can be a bit messy (and wasteful if you've got powder in the lid that falls out).
Still, well worth it for $30. I would pay more for this now that I know it's good, but not their online prices. The mall kiosks are usually a bit better.

EDIT:
Now that summer has hit Ivory doesn't look fantastic on me. I have switched to "Cinnamon" I still love this product though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the first mineral makeup foundation I've tried. I got the Get Started Kit (Medium) which includes 2 small size (4g) foundation (Ivory, Cinnamon), 1 small size blush (Suede), 1 small size bronzer (Starshine) and 3 brushes (mix of goat and sable hair, concealer brush, blush brush & foundation brush) for AUD$60.

Foundation,
Colour Match: My light Asian skin tone is between Ivory (straight application looks like a geisha mask on me) & Cinnamon (straight applicaiton makes me look really yellow), so I mix them in a swirl bowl to get the correct shade.
Texture: The powder is fine and the ingredient is simple! However, I found this quite dry on my skin (my skin is normal to dry), some toner spray after helps to set the powder and the dryness.
Coverage: It's buildible and can be used as concealer (I use Ivory straight for my hyperpigmentation spots on my cheek, a little frekle is cute but when it's a whole cluster...). Matt finish.

Blush & Bronzer,
The blush & bronzer medium colour kit included is too dark for my skintone, they're not something I could wear everyday and somehow makes my skin looks yellow (especially the bronzer).

Brushes,
The brushes hair is soft and full! Doesn't irritate delicate skin around face/neck. The hair fall out a little initially but settle within days.

I think this is a reasonable product (very simple ingredient, unless you have super sensitive skin that reacts to mica), but I probably won't purchase it again as I prefer a more dewy foundation finish and Bella Pierre only have 1 formulation of foundation at this stage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by skibunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this mineral foundation is very expensive, I find you do not need to use a lot of it.

I find it suitable for my oily skin - just needs a buffing over every now and again.

Has a nice finish to it. I thought Ivory would have been too pale for me but it has warm yellow tones which I like the look of on my face.

Hasn't clogged my pores or caused any reaction to my sensitive skin.

I would buy it again, but not from the retailer's website. Better to shop around and get it a bit cheaper. Even the postage and packaging cost on the Bellapierre website is very expensive for UK orders.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Michelle0810

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when a lady stopped me at the mall. I was in dire need of a touch up since I got caught up in the rain. I had been using Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse, so it was literally caked and smeared all over. (Good thing it was a Thursday morning and hardly anybody was at the mall.)

Well, she made me look so glowy! I loved how it made my skin look. I looked like if I had just woken up! (I have undereye circles)

So I bought it for $45 dollars for 8/9grams. It looks much better than any other foundation I have tried, but its more expensive. I hope it doesn't break me out like Maybelline did. (This is my first week but it feels so light and airy compared to the others.)

Ladies!! Check how many chemicals your makeup has! Some of those have products that are cancerous to those lab animals!

This only has 4 ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, and some other oxide (sorry I forgot). It doesn't have Bismuth, which as you may know causes allergic reactions in your skin.

The trick is to buff it into your skin with the kabuki brush. And its really natural looking and nice and shimmery. I like it, but I don't know if I'll get it again. I want to try BareMinerals now. I'll let you know when I do.

Anyway, any questions on this, feel free to ask me! Laters!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by xblancax

I bought a set of these Bella Pierre Powders and they're amazing. I have always struggled with finding a foundation that would match my skin tone without looking too cakey, and finding a concealer that covers the circles under my eyes without making them look too white. I use the Ivory color as a concealer and foundation along with the Cinnamon color. They blend easily and leave your skin flawless for the whole day without having to reapply. The only thing is that they can be a bit to sparkly when the sun hits your face if you apply to much. other than that i love this brand <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by xPinkStuff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A very expensive product,it's normal price is $70(for a 8g jar) but i got mine for 50 because they have student specials apparently.The jar of powder is normal sized and the powder itself is quite good.It covers up blemishes and pimples well and doesn't look cakey unless you have dry skin or if you pack the stuff on.The colour matches my skin tone perfectly(i am a rather pale asian)and feels good as well.
EDIT: It clogged my pores and broke me out SLIGHTLY.