July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Snailzonfire

I use this every night before bed. It's honestly the best scrub/cleanser I've ever come across. It exfoliates, but isn't harsh on the skin, and you only need to use a small amount. I bought it after my friend told me it had great reviews, and I'm glad I did. I will probably be using this for the rest of my life...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by petrol_blu

This is an excellent dupe for the discontinued MAC Micro Skin Refinisher, which was my HG. I've tried many low and high end exfoliators to no avail (exfolikate, ysl, origins never a dull moment & modern friction, neutrogena, even st. ive's apricot scrub). Nothing smoothened my face like St. Ive's Microdermabrasion and MAC Micro Skin Refinisher. NOT EVEN CLARISONIC MIA FGS.

AMAZING. I have combination skin and I use this every 3 days and it just works. Daily use might be too much though. I also use Origins Checks and Balances cleanser, and Origins A Perfect World serum. This skin regimen gives me glowing skin right now. Though my summer tan may have a little bit to do with it.

For $5 this will last about 6 months. SO WORTH IT. GET IT NOW.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

I have repurchased this for a 3rd time, and in this day and age with all the products to choose from, this has proven tried and true. I don't even want to try a different scrub!

The scrub itself contains tiny tiny crystals as a scrub, so small and fine, it is almost like a paste when you squeeze it out of the tube.

When I put the small amount on my face, I'd say maybe the size of a nickel, I slowly massage all over my face. The best part about it is, especially if you have sensitive skin like myself, it doesn't feel like I'm scrubbing my face raw! I actually feel like it's truly gently exfoliating, and not tearing up my skin.

Anyway, I just had to write a review as I rarely repurchase a product...for a 3rd time!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I only bought this because it was on offer and thought I'd try it out, but I'm so glad I did!
    It leaves skin feeling really soft and smooth without drying it out. It does say on the bottle that its gentle enough for everyday use but I really wouldn't use it everyday. I use it around once or twice a week, or if you feel like you really need to , use it for 3-4 days in a row and you will really feel the difference.
    I also don't like to use it when I have active spots on my face as I feel like it would be a bit too harsh
    Otherwise great, will buy it again when this one runs out

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my favorite, I never settle for any scrub because of my acne-prone skin not to mention very oily and acne scars. It has the texture of sands on clear base cleanser. I really like it never thought I would but this helped a lot on clearing my skin. After I use this my foundation would go on smooth, no flaky skin, no tiny bumps and no large clogged pores. After finishing a tube, it was nowhere to be found.So so sad and disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by iloovelalu

The cleanser is of gel form and it contains particles that have a texture similar to that of sand. It leaves my skin feeling very soft, and although I am acne-prone, it does not irritate my skin.

It is definitely a mild exfoliant, as it does not remove large areas of my skin while I am peeling. However, this cleanser is extremely efficient at eliminating the tiny bumps that I sometimes get around my chin area, and does not leave a burning sensation on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This works just like any other scrub you can find in the drugstore, it cleanses well, and it's not abrasive on my skin, good for beginner level exfoliation. However, I didn't find it to be especially good at a particular task. I like to use it in the shower, it feels like it's doing its job at exfoliating, but in fact it does nothing at removing the top layer of dead skin on my face. I have some dry spots where I can feel the flakiness by touching my face, and this product just doesn't cut it for me. Also I thought the scent was pleasant at first, but over time I find it to be a little overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by serenapauline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scrub is amazing! I have very sensitive, combination skin so I have to be very careful with what I use on my skin, especially scrubs. I tried the other st ives scrubs in the past when my skin wasn't that sensitive, and it was too harsh, so I couldn't even imagine using them now. So I was kind of hesitant to try the microdermabrasion one, but I am so glad I did. The scrubby particles in them are so different then the ones in the apricrot scrubs, they are very fine but lots of them. It's the perfect amount of scrub, not too rough but not too weak. It really feels like it's getting the dead skin cells off without tearing your skin. This scrub is perfect for sensitive, oily/combination skin, as it is gentle enough for sensitive skin but it also helps with oil on the t-zone, you will need to follow up with moisturizer, as it does kind of dry out my dry parts on my face. I've definitely noticed a difference in my face since using this once a week. I have red bumps on my forehead that have been there for years, and it seems to be helping that situation, and I have permanent redness on my nose area, and it seems to help it a little bit. This is great, definitely recommend, and the scent is great too, normally scents can put me off and irritate, but this isn't overly strong at all

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Take it from me, this product is absolutely amazing. I was doubtful at first because I'm often fooled by high prices and since this was cheap I thought there was no harm in giving it a go. What a relief to find a product that actually works. I suffer from flakes of dry skin on my nose and around my forehead, and thanks to this product they're all gone! I'd definitely recommend to anybody looking to buy a facial scrub to remove flakes of dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by fallingashes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. Purchase two times. It's not in stores anymore so it looks like they discontinued this sadly