September 20, 2014 | 1157 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Candy Shop Lip Glosses (all)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received Cherry Bomb as a GWP with one of my orders. The color is a very pretty rosy red ~ not particularly long lasting. But, what can you expect for FREE. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired. The couple of times that I have worn this, I use a lip pencil. It's not a great lip gloss, very gooey, probably works best for the teens.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Berry Pop - a mauve/burgundy sheer gloss on the lips with spare amount of fine speckles of glitter. The smell is delicious like chocolate berry but everytime I use this it would sting my lips. I really liked the cute packaging but it can be messy/sticky to use by finger.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by misspirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Free sample with an order. it was terrible. It had the taste and texture of rice paper. Wtf. on my lips? ew! It was fine until i got it in my mouth, then it was just over. gone. no more. trash can! lol.

I think i got the coconut one, but it sort of smelled coffee-fruit-minty and didn't look terrible but had this weird goopy texture. It reminded me if they had left over lip stuff, so they pour the similar colors in a pot, added extra shimmer and scent and something to gelify it and threw it in the pans.

oh yeah, and mine had rust on the tin. in a ring around the top of the gloss. yum. (realized this after i'd used it.. add to the ew factor)

OH! And the texture of mine didn't look a thing like the photos posted above. the gloss was almost white-clearish.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by burnermom

I got 2 of these in Melon and I think Cotton Candy or something like that free with my purchases. They are ok. They smell nice, come in the cute little tins. They are too glittery for my taste, and the gloss is thick and sticky. I have to put on alot to really get some type of color pay off.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by BuckNekked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't really call this stuff lip gloss but rather lip balm with a hint of color. Either way...it's awful and despite the cheap price, there are so many better options out there. I'm wondering if I just got a bad batch but I got 5 of these (in Melon, Mocha, Frosting, Cherry, and Coconut) and they were all bad. They felt both sticky and greasy at the same time (hard to describe but bad.) Worst of all, they had a DISGUSTING smell (and it's not just me, 2 of my friends and my boyfriend all agreed when I had them smell them.) Also, all five flavors smelled very similar except for the mocha one which was just the grossest of the bunch. The only good thing about these is the really cute packaging. They are good for throwing in a purse, but I would never use them so what's the point? I'm thinking about emptying out the product and using the tins for other purposes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually really like this!
I got melon mayhem in a swap, and it smells tasty--like candies :))
The glitter is a bit gritty, but the moisture factor keeps me from tossing it. If you like the HIP jelly balms I think you'll like this, they have a similar texture and they feel nice on.
Not bad for a buck! I wouldn't mind trying other flavors.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ksheats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for free from E.L.F., which I'm ecstatic about. They sent me Frosting Fanatic, and the color is horrid on me. I am very fair, and the frosty, goldy, tan color makes me look like a hooker. (a hooker with bad make-up choices, at that)
Texture-wise, it's not bad. A little thick and sticky, but not terrible.
I like the tin, but it gets the gloss everywhere, because the gloss is distributed unevenly in the tin.

Maybe I'd like this more if it were in a different color...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by letsgofaraway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Got this stuff for free from e.l.f., thank god. I got the berry punch flavor. Decent color (adds a hint of color to the lips), but godawful smell and flavor. I can't bear to put this stuff on. Not even worth the $1 it sells for.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are ok but nothing great. They kind of have a funny smell to them I don't like. If these weren't free I wouldn't buy them. They do give you a big amount of product though. I just don't like potted lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by globetrkkr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't spend any money on this since I got it free with my ELF haul. I received Berry Pop and the smell isn't very pleasant at all. The smell is only bothersome if I put the tin near my nose or when I first put the product on. After that I can't really smell it throughout the day. It lasts well and has a very faint color. It's not sticky, which is my main problem with lip gloss in general. The amount of product is great and if I ever do run out I would consider actually buying it especially because of the cheap price tag. Overall not a bad product.