November 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

Lips - Laura Geller - Lip Spackle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Firstly, I love that this product comes in packaging similar to a concealer- no dipping fingers in a pot, which can be kind of unsanitary. Only a small amount is needed; the previous poster who mentioned "Tyrone the crack head" was spot on if you apply too liberally. It does apply like, well, spackle, so exfoliation beforehand is a must. It does extend the wear of lip products and I've noticed I don't get the dreaded lipstick ring ( when it wears off in areas) when using it. I would definitely buy this again if I ever run out; I haven't seen other products like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by bixby2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy grail item for my highly pigmented lips. This is a non-drying lip primer meant to provide a base for your lip pencil, gloss, lipstick, etc. It lasts a very long time, even if you use a fair amount on a regular basis. I've had the same jar for almost four years. This tones down the pigmentation on my lips to a nice canvas. Only con I would say is the packaging, not very hygenic and a stick form would be more beauty-junkie friendly. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had the same jar of this product forever. I honestly think that I will have it always, because you need only the tiniest amount. In that regard only, this product is worth its price. I don't know about people of all skintones, but for WOC with pigmented lips, you must make sure that you only use a speck of this. The first time I tried it I put on way too much and looked like that Dave Chappell character Tyrone the Crackhead. I just dot tiny spots along my lower lip and then rub my lips together. I also try not to let this go outside of my lip line because it is noticeable. Proper moisturization of your lips beforehand is a must. I do find that this is a good product for keeping your lip products, *especially* lip glosses, in place and without feathering. I really wish that it applied more like a smooth lip balm, however.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received this in a swap and am liking it, with reservations. It works well to better define the lip line for us ladies of a certain age, but by itself it's too light & looks really weird. What I have to do is tap it on the lip line and then blend foundation stick over it with a sponge, and then apply my lipstick & go over the lip line with my lip brush. Then I have a nicely defined lip line.

Don't need it on my lips because they aren't well pigmented at all but it doesn't hurt either.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by glitterandsmut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

The idea behind this product is that it works as a concealer for all lip colors, making your lip color truer to what you see in the tube, and prolonging the wear. This did none of that.

First off, the grey tint in this is meant to wipe out the pigmentation of your own lips. All it really did for me was make my lips look like they had a coating of grey/beige lipstick over them.

I was expecting this product to set into my lips after application and dry down so I could safely spread my lipstick over the top but the formula is so creamy that it mixes the ashy/beige color with your lipstick color, and getting all over the lipstick itself when I go to apply. Its like trying to layer lipstick over a really sticky lip gloss.

As for lasting power, I can't really say because it fuglies up the look of my lipstick so much I just could not keep it on. But I can imagine that creamy consistency will have it coming right off at the slightest provocation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure why but I really like this lip primer. It kind of makes me feel glam using it before lipstick. As far as delivery, it does the job as someone else mentioned. I find myself less worried about my lipstick feeling dry or doing the lip-smacking/rubbing together thing. It does mix in a little with your lip colors. I don't think it's really for every day because it creates more of a glamorous night-time look that I don't always want. Would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for me except make my lips look like concealer. Thank goodness I received this in a gift set and didn't waste $$ on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product serves it's purpose. i find though, it mixes in with my lipstick color a lot of the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by inkedxmama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is a must have for me. It is on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way. I've used mine almost everyday for months now and still have a good amount left. My lips are highly pigmented and no matter what nude or light lipsticks I use the redness still shines through unless I put this on first. It works amazingly well; fills in the lips great, covers any redness to give you the true shade of your lipstick, and makes lipsticks and liners last longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product!!!!!! It neutralizes my lips so good. The lipstick glide on my lips but I believe you should put a gloss too so that your lips won't dry out. If used properly it won't look chalky. I have bought the tiny jar (mini lip spackle) and since u only need a small ammount of product it last for a long time.
I ve been always looking for a product like this and I finally found it!! I will also try Mac's lip erase because I ve read many good reviews :-)