Za Aqualish

3.9

Just picked up the ZA Aqualish in 014 (light pink-nude with slight shimmer particles) at an atrium sale at 50% off. I think they're discontinuing this range as it's not selling in the drugstores anymore.

Great price, standard packaging in a metallic case. The colour is sheer but noticeable and moisturising too. It's not a flat nude owing to the shimmer particles. It's not too disco-ball and is perfectly nude safe. I don't find the colour that buildable but since I enjoy the semi-sheer light lips look, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Has minimal staying power (fine by me as the longlasting ones dry out lips) and is relatively moisturising with no drying effect noticed. A decent buy indeed.

on 2/28/2011 9:49:00 AM

I received my first Aqualish as a free gift by purchasing their 2 way cake. I misplaced the lipstick but I recalled it was light brown in color. The color was very wearable, and the lipstick did not dry up my lips. It also looks very natural on my lips, whilst some lipsticks would look like a layer of colored oil on my lips. It was pleasant in smell and taste.

Recently I bought another Aqalish at 1/2 price. Probably because the product will be phase out? It is number 11. I loved the muted pink glow it makes me. Almost silver pink. I think it is frost , but without being too frosty. My colleague noticed the color and complimented to me. To me, it is a very wearable, office safe lip color.

on 1/5/2010 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 017. I love the pinkish color of this lipstick and very natural look on me. But it's not long lasting and needs retouch from time to time.

Love this lipstick! One of my firsts. Very sheen, feels like wearing nothing at all. Although sometimes I wish it shows a bit more color. But I think its real purpose is just to enhance lips...and it does that very well! Doesn't dry out my lips, too! Doesn't stay that long, though.

on 3/23/2005 12:29:00 PM

I've tried this in 2 shades - a medium berryish red (003) and a sheer nude pink (SO3). The SO3 wasn't really a shade for me and it made me look washed out but the 003 is absolutely my daily staple! It makes my lips look defined but not outstanding, a great MLBB effect.

The texture is also silky smooth and it glides on well even w/o lip balm but I agree that it isn't that moisturising and also not very long-lasting, which is a shame.

Finally, I love the metallic blue casing, very discreet but pretty :) I hope Za doesn't d/c my 003 anytime soon! continued >>

on 1/1/2005 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm not too fond of drugstore lipsticks since I find them so drying. But, I really liked this one. I love the fact that it's a sheer formula, so it's not the far off from a gloss. I have 017 which is a shimmery med. pink that works perfectly for me. I also like the aqua-blue chrome tube. I just think it looks classy for a drugstore item. I was pretty impressed. I'd probably buy more.

Received a sample of 3 colours--a sparkly golden tan, a hot mauve berry & a nude brown which was the only colour I've tried (S06). Is fairly moisturzing but does nothing for chapped, lined lips which would do better with a balm + gloss. Love the sheerness & featherweight texture of this lippie, but unfortunately colours take a loooong time to show up even if you are on to your third layer--guess this sheer choco shade doesn't pair well with my naturally brownish-pinkish pigmented lips. Another gripe: colour fades like after 2 hours, with no drinking/eating in between! A very average product, but considering its from Za, be thankful it didn't make your lips peel or swell...try Paul & Joe or Origins Rain or Shine SPF 15 lipcolour for sheer tints worth every cent of what you spent and probaly more...

on 6/25/2004 5:50:00 AM

nice & sheer coverage but not moisturing enough for my chapped lips.

on 10/28/2003 12:05:00 AM

nice packaging. has lotsa colours to choose from. sheer when applied. but it doesnt moisturize my lips as much. but this is one of the better products of ZA that i've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oohh, unlike the previous reviewers, I *like* the blue casing...hehehe. It's actually quite pretty to me, and much more preferable to the plasticky thing that most lippies come in. Anyway, this is sheer, really does moisturize (says that it has vit e, I think) and has a pretty shines to it. Mine is a pinkish, lilacish shimmer. Like. :)

Popular Lipsticks