August 29, 2014 | 1846 users online

Shampoo - Desert Essence - Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i don't know how i feel about this one yet. i have oily, fine hair and need something to get it clean without being too drying. This definitely does not over dry the hair, and my scalp never feels tight after using this. However, the smell of this is more like the lemon smell from household cleaners, and I need to shampo twice with this to get a good lather. don't know if I'll repurchase this. Will probably use as a backup if I run out of the shampoo I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very fine, VERY oily hair. My scalp gets so oily that I have to wash my hair every night, lest I look like a grease ball the next day. I have tried SO MANY shampoos to help me with my oiliness, but nothing has really done the trick -- UNTIL THIS SHAMPOO. Guys, seriously. If you have oily hair, you NEED to try this product. It extends the life of my hair by about 8 hours I would say. With this shampoo, I can typically get away with skipping a day and using a dry shampoo (something I could never get away with before). It's gentle enough for everyday use and I haven't noticed any problems with product build up. Furthermore, this is the ONLY shampoo I have ever used that has actually changed the look and feel of my hair. My hair is shinier and healthier looking, it feels cleaner and my ends are healthier than they've ever been. The fact that it is organic is another positive for this product. At around an $8 price tag, I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this in the future.

PS - I personally shampoo twice with this product, as I find it works the best that way. The second shampoo really helps to gently cleanse my scalp and I feel it staves off oiliness better than when I only shampoo once.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by savanah2o

I love this shampoo! I have oily thick course hair and this shampoo is amazing at getting rid of the oil and leaves a nice scent! The other shampoos in this line are good as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by bubbleluscious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot decide which is my favourite shampoo in the Desert Essence line - the Lemon Tea Tree or the Italian Red Grape. They both have a pretty much equal amount of pros and cons. I might just end up switching between the two :P

I love the Lemon Tea Tree for cleansing the hair and scalp thoroughly, and the scent is very yummy - a natural lemony, sweet smell. It also leaves the hair shiny and soft like the Italian Red Grape.

Bottom line - fantastic shampoo if you have oily hair. I find that the Lemon Tea Tree along with the Italian Red Grape are both gentle enough for daily use as well. And if you have scalp problems (particularily oily scalp/dandruff) the cleaning properties and antifungal-antibacterial-antiviral properties of the tea tree oil are fantastic. These are my favourite shampoos & I would definitely recommend you give the shampoos in this line a try! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by mjb312

I love this stuff(: I bought it because I found tons of great reviews, and it definitely works for my oily hair! The only thing is that I do have to use a little more than I would other shampoo, but honestly, the results are so great I don't care! I also love that it's organic(:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by maitejuan

To begin with, my hair is so oily that I have to wash it everyday. After reading the good reviews about this product, I decided to try it. I am so happy with the results: i can skip one day before I wash my hair and yet, the shampoo doesn't make my hair dry. I highly recommend this product to everyone who has a big problem with oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by nb55

I buy this at Vitacost and it is very affordable (around $6) for a large amount that last a few months at least. The smell is great and it leaves your scalp so clean. I am allergic to gluten and so many shampoos have wheat protein in them that actually causes bumps on my scalp and neck if I use them. I have pretty much been using this as a daily shampoo. I don't have oily hair and I do worry that it might create oily hair since it might be too astringent for the scalp and cause it to overproduce oil. So, maybe not as a daily shampoo but definitely something for everyone to have in the rotation as a once a week clarifying product. Cheap and effective!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so happy to have found this!

I have thin, wavy, oily hair, and had used Citreshine Fresh Fusion for years, and it worked great. However, lately, Fresh Fusion has become virtually impossible to find, so I looked for a replacement.

I wanted a shampoo that 1) is made by a cruelty-free company, 2) will get my hair clean without drying it out, 3) is not too expensive, 4) is readily available online, 5) will make my hair shiny and full, and 6) has a light, pleasant scent that won't provoke my allergies.

learly, this was not going to be easy. However, I'm happy to report that Lemon and Tea Tree seems to be *everything* that I wanted in a shampoo! I've had a run of "good hair days," which is unheard of for me, and I suspect that Lemon and Tea Tree is responsible for my hair's good behavior of late.

Admittedly, I haven't been using Lemon and Tea Tree for very long, so I'll update this review if anything changes. For now, anyway, this is looking like my HG shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by cyntriago

I came across this shampoo as I was on the search for a shampoo for OILY hair. I am a latina with fine/ thick hair. My strands are fine but i have a good amount of hair which is why it is thick. Nonetheless my hair becomes oily extremely quickly and would limit my possibility for different style options. There were even times when I would wash my hair in the morning, dry then style and by the end of the night my hair was limp and OILY!!! I mention the condition of my hair because it was the reason I searched for a Oily Hair Shampoo. I was done dealing with the oiliness and based on reviews I decided to try this shampoo. At first I will admit I was standoffish about the smell. If lemons are what you like then you will love this product. After the first wash I was hooked! I fell in love with the smell and the way it works. It left my hair squeaky clean. Not the kind a regular shampoo does, it gives you clean without the residual feel. I applied a bit of conditioner at the ends just so they dont dry out. I wash my hair every other day and after using this shampoo for a week my hair is shinier, cleaner, with more body and smells great! I washed my hair yesterday morning and I woke up today with CLEAN hair. I was shocked! Definitely worth the buy, this product delivers. I can see how this MIGHT over dry hair if it is used everyday. But oily hair shouldnt be washed every day anyways, it just adds to oil production. Do use conditioner one in a while to add extra softness and manageability. This shampoo is also sulfate, paraben, silicone, artificial fragrance, wheat & gluten free! 100% Vegan. It really does nourish and not damage my hair or the environment! It is a god send!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jessica022

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best all natural deep cleaning shampoo. Hair is squeaky clean and the just cleaned volume lasts for two or three days. Highly recommended to those with oily hair.