Desert Essence Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo

3.9

Not tested on animals

Aqueous Infusion of Certified Organic Extract of Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Polyquaternium-7, Panthenol, Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Leptospermum Petersonii Oil, Certified Organic Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxythanol, Potassium Gluconate.

on 7/22/2015 8:11:00 PM

This product absolutely disappointed me. I read many reviews saying this stuff does wonder so I went ahead and bought it, I have to say the price isn't on the cheap end. However, it simply didn't measure up to the expectation. To me it didn't lather well. Although it is a clarify shampoo but it doesn't clean oil off my hair like it should do. Half a day and my hair went back to its oily/dirty state. I have to say the shampoo is worse than some of the drug store brand even.
It may work for some people but just not me. Btw, my shampoo tube is leaking as well, I have to have it upside down and lean against the wall otherwise the shampoo would leak everywhere :(

on 7/7/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is the worst! I bought this thinking it would be great for my oily hair and and I like the idea that it uses natural and organic ingredients as I have acne prone and sensitive skin. Granted this doesn't cause any acne breakouts along my hairline like some other shampoos out there and it is also the one thing I like about this. BUT, and this is a big but, it makes my hair look SO flat and oily, even when it's been freshly washed! I hate how it sucks all the volume out of my hair and the next morning I am left with oily and lifeless-looking hair. So disappointed :'(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use this as a clarifying shampoo and have been enjoying it for that purpose. My hair is color treated and rather dry. I do find that this helps remove build up without stripping my hair. I like that it has a fluid texture which makes it easy to distribute in my very thick, long hair. This shampoo does not seem to strip my light blonde hair color. I use this and then follow up with either a deep conditioner or the Desert Essence Coconut conditioner and it works well with both. It leaves my hair manageable and clean. I am prone to greasy hair and I wash every other day, and I do find this shampoo helps mitigate the oiliness between shampoos. The only minor complaint I have is that it smells a bit like bug spray - like a citronella scent. It isn't the worst but definitely not a sweet lemon scent. It doesn't linger in the hair though. I still really like this and I will likely repurchase in the future.

on 5/19/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i don't know how i feel about this one yet. i have oily, fine hair and need something to get it clean without being too drying. This definitely does not over dry the hair, and my scalp never feels tight after using this. However, the smell of this is more like the lemon smell from household cleaners, and I need to shampo twice with this to get a good lather. don't know if I'll repurchase this. Will probably use as a backup if I run out of the shampoo I like.

on 4/30/2014 8:44:00 AM

I have very fine, VERY oily hair. My scalp gets so oily that I have to wash my hair every night, lest I look like a grease ball the next day. I have tried SO MANY shampoos to help me with my oiliness, but nothing has really done the trick -- UNTIL THIS SHAMPOO. Guys, seriously. If you have oily hair, you NEED to try this product. It extends the life of my hair by about 8 hours I would say. With this shampoo, I can typically get away with skipping a day and using a dry shampoo (something I could never get away with before). It's gentle enough for everyday use and I haven't noticed any problems with product build up. Furthermore, this is the ONLY shampoo I have ever used that has actually changed the look and feel of my hair. My hair is shinier and healthier looking, it feels cleaner and my ends are healthier than they've ever been. The fact that it is organic is another positive for this product. At around an $8 price tag, I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this in the future.

PS - I personally shampoo twice with this product, as I find it works the best that way. The second shampoo really helps to gently cleanse my scalp and I feel it staves off oiliness better than when I only shampoo once.

on 3/26/2014 7:15:00 AM

I love this shampoo! I have oily thick course hair and this shampoo is amazing at getting rid of the oil and leaves a nice scent! The other shampoos in this line are good as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I cannot decide which is my favourite shampoo in the Desert Essence line - the Lemon Tea Tree or the Italian Red Grape. They both have a pretty much equal amount of pros and cons. I might just end up switching between the two :P

I love the Lemon Tea Tree for cleansing the hair and scalp thoroughly, and the scent is very yummy - a natural lemony, sweet smell. It also leaves the hair shiny and soft like the Italian Red Grape.

Bottom line - fantastic shampoo if you have oily hair. I find that the Lemon Tea Tree along with the Italian Red Grape are both gentle enough for daily use as well. And if you have scalp problems (particularily oily scalp/dandruff) the cleaning properties and antifungal-antibacterial-antiviral properties of the tea tree oil are fantastic. These are my favourite shampoos & I would definitely recommend you give the shampoos in this line a try! :)

on 9/26/2013 6:59:00 PM

I love this stuff(: I bought it because I found tons of great reviews, and it definitely works for my oily hair! The only thing is that I do have to use a little more than I would other shampoo, but honestly, the results are so great I don't care! I also love that it's organic(:

on 6/24/2013 10:26:00 PM

To begin with, my hair is so oily that I have to wash it everyday. After reading the good reviews about this product, I decided to try it. I am so happy with the results: i can skip one day before I wash my hair and yet, the shampoo doesn't make my hair dry. I highly recommend this product to everyone who has a big problem with oily hair.

on 2/22/2012 3:26:00 PM

I buy this at Vitacost and it is very affordable (around $6) for a large amount that last a few months at least. The smell is great and it leaves your scalp so clean. I am allergic to gluten and so many shampoos have wheat protein in them that actually causes bumps on my scalp and neck if I use them. I have pretty much been using this as a daily shampoo. I don't have oily hair and I do worry that it might create oily hair since it might be too astringent for the scalp and cause it to overproduce oil. So, maybe not as a daily shampoo but definitely something for everyone to have in the rotation as a once a week clarifying product. Cheap and effective!

Popular Shampoos