April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Cleansers - Jurlique - Balancing Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by beautygirla

About four months ago I switched my skincare range from Clinique to Jurlique as I was attracted its bio-organic, Australian grown ingredients. Since then I have not looked back! Part of my skin care routine is the Jurlique Balancing Foaming Cleanser. As far as first impressions went, I was a bit put-off by the scent as it is quite strong and thought I'd replace it for another cleanser from Jurlique that's scent wasn't quite as displeasing. I use this all over my face (including my eyes - whoops) once to take off the makeup and dirt and once again to allow it to clean my skin. I am lucky that I only get the odd blemish as it is, but I feel like this product has made a difference in my skin - it is almost translucent and for the first time in my skin-care career I feel like I am actually nourishing and loving my skin and not just applying any old product that will keep my skin looking clear. This really is a great product and I don't mind the smell because of the wonderful things it's doing to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by gingerbeer

I have been using this for the past 8 months, in conjunction with a few other Jurlique products, and find it to be a very good cleanser. I like to manually exfoliate 3-5 times/week and this cleanser is gentle enough to use without drying my face. If using an exfoliating tool, a little of this goes a long way. It's also hydrating enough to use in the morning.

However the packing is not good - my bottle sucks the cleanser into the pump lid and it leaks out down the outside of the bottle, which is costly considering the price of this stuff! Every third time I use it I have to wipe some from the outside. The efficacy of the product, of course is not affected but it's pretty annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

I love Jurlique products. They seem to agree with my skin, which is acne prone and sensitive.
I really loved this cleanser in the summer. It has good foam, though I am not a fan of foaming cleanser since I find them too drying normally. This was not too drying for the summer. I experienced really nice skin while using this, until a few months ago my skin started breaking out due to being off BCP. In the colder months, it is too drying for me, so I use it only a few times a week when I feel a bit oily.
I use very little so my bottle which I have used for 6 months has over 65% left - I will rebuy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is a nice cleanser but it's just too expensive. it has lasted quite a long time. i wouldn't buy it again just because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by beingfollowed

Was given this as a gift along with a bunch of rose-fragranced Jurlique products (which I promptly gave away- hate that smell). I kept this one to give it a go and I ended up really liking it. The smell is best described as crushed up vitamin C tablets and, oddly, I quite like it. I use it every night after taking my eye make up off with a cheapo cleanser and it leaves me face feeling refreshed and clean. I have fairly sensitive skin and it hasn't made my face sting, feel too tight, led to any breakouts, caused any dry spots etc. I put a night moisturiser on afterwards so that might be why I don't get the dryness that others have spoken about. In the couple of months that I have been using this product, I feel like my face has been consistently healthy looking and I have had fewer breakouts and random discolourations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by kp731

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I just purchased my second bottle. I live in a very dry climate and the cleanser cleans my face extremely well without leaving it sapped of moisture. The smell is a kind of strange at first but I've grown to like it. One nice thing about the product is that it takes off eye make-up too so you don't need an extra product for your eyes. The price point is rather high but the bottle should last for a while as a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

I tried a sample of this product... the smell surprised me. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not at first, but I could get used to it. For a foaming cleanser, it didn't get the foaming action I wanted to the degree I expected. I know that when buying natural and organic, one can't expect much natural foaming, but this seemed to defy the name. I don't think I would buy, but would like to try at least one more time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This review is for the Balancing Cleansing lotion.Just like the name of this product I seem to get the right balance when I use this cleanser. I think it has a light exfoliating action which does deep clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by BERNAY

I absolutely loooove the smell! It gives my face a squeaky clean feeling but without letting my face feel too dry. I used to have heaaps of pimples all over my forehead but i think through use of Jurlique's line of foaming cleansers, it's really helped clear up my forehead immensely. It's not as expensive as some of their other products and one pump of the cleanser each time is more than enough to use over the entire face. I think i'll be sticking to this face wash for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by orionmar

For years I used a salicylic acid cleanser from Neutrogena in an attempt to battle blackheads, but it left my face tight after washing, which I would have to counteract with moisturizer...sometimes too much moisturizer, which just led to more shine and grease, and a vicious cycle.

Last month, I switched to this cleanser, and I love it. Used with a Clarisonic brush, it gets everything out of my pores, and doesn't leave me feeling tight and dry. I love that it's natural, and while it is on the expensive side, one pump lathers up really nicely for the whole face.