Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Purple Potion

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/24/2014 7:38:00 AM

This color is amazing. It takes two coats and a top coat. It is bright and shines. It is a good quality nail polish. It does not ship easily. It is part of my top ten colors. I find the color so pretty and stunning that I am thinking of doing a dress the same color.

on 11/29/2013 2:29:00 AM

This is a red-purple nail polish with blue duochrome; it's a beautiful colour for summer.
This is a 3-coater - the first coat goes on sheer with a magenta-like hue, but with two more coats the purple deepens and the blue duochrome is quite strong in direct sunlight! Definitely stunning :)
Now this is where I take marks off...
Application was fine; but in terms of durability it started getting dents and wearing off at the tips in a few hours
without a top coat. I definitely recommend a top coat with this polish if you want it to last longer. Drying time was a bit long, as I made the mistake of applying polish too soon, which caused it to shift :/

on 3/3/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Great color! Definitely unique in my large collection. The 4 is for color alone, though, as the formula is kind of a pain. It's very thin and streaky, and 3 coats to being opaque. It's worth it though, as it's a gorgeous reddish purple with very heavy blue shimmer. I don't know if I got a weird bottle or what, as others seem to have had better luck. Anyway, it's lovely, and if I ever used it up, I'd probably buy it again. Definitely recommend if you want to work at it a bit.

on 9/8/2012 7:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The color is beautiful and unique, but there are a few problems. You have to use 2 coats which is no big deal, but it did not last long. After 2 days the tips of all my nails had worn away. By day 3 I had big chips in a few nails. Wouldn't buy again.

on 8/5/2012 7:38:00 PM

This is a very unique color that I picked up because it wasn't like any other purple I'd seen before. It's opaque in 2 coats, but it looks just as good, only different, when applied with only one coat. The brush is great! I can easily cover my nail with 3 swipes, and I have wide nails. It applies very smoothly as well. It's a great consistency that isn't too thin as to drip everywhere, and not too thick as to being impossible to work with. The thing that upsets me is that it takes quite a while to dry, and if it's not completely dry when you add another layer it slides. But I'm quite patient with nail polish, so this isn't that big of a deal.

on 1/20/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This nail polish is a purple-violet shimmer, with blue undertones. This is an okay color I suppose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an interesting color for sure. It's a medium red-violet with strong blue duochrome. It ends up looking much more blurple on the nail than in the bottle. The formula is a bit gummy and sheer (3 coats to get it opaque), and it also doesn't seem to dry as quickly as other Xtreme Wears. I am a purple lover and this polish is different from anything I have in my collection, so I will most likely hang on to it. Reminds me a little but of WnW Eggplant Frost but with more of a reddish plum undertone. Not something I'll wear all the time but definitely a unique color.

on 7/18/2010 9:59:00 PM

This is an amazing purple! I was very surprised at the shade when I put it on and I'm very happy with it. Seems to have slight pink undertones and gives it a bit of a boost.

on 9/19/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my absolute favourite polish colour! I have bought too many bottles to count! It's easy to apply and dries quickly. The only bad thing about it is that it chips within two days so it's best to use a topcoat to make it last longer.

I think this is my favorite color for toes, at least right now, anyway. :) I usually stay away from purples because they seem too dark for me, but this has just enough of a pink hue in it that I don't feel goth. lol It lasts forever, but I think that's becaues of the seche vite top coat I use. I actually get compliments when I wear this, and no one ever notices my nail polish. Great bargain at around $2.50. I gave it 4 lippies only because it seems to get gloppy and thick and kind of hard to work with faster than most polishes, but I can keep repurchasing this since it's so reasonably priced.

Popular Polishes