August 22, 2014 | 1101 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Botanics - Complexion Refining Deep Clean Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by PorpitaPorpita

At the time I bought this, I had acne-prone, oily skin. Though the cleanser does remove oils and dirt from my face, I feel like it strips the oils too harshly. My skin becomes dry and tight every time I use it, and my acne has not improved. It might work for you, it might not. It just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this Botanics Mousse because it is made with plant extracts. I was let down. This product is not helpful to acne-prone skin. In fact, it made my breakouts a lot worse! It is not expensive but having inflammation on your face as a result of a product is a disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by delicatepost

This product just doesn't do enough for me.. it works well for a soft mousse foam wash but it just doesn't work any wonders on me.. I did finish the bottle but I didn't buy it again and I won't again... sorry but it didn't do anything for my skin.. just cleanse and nothing else.. I need a better blemish cleanser. x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by HuntingForBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product for my combination, but mostly dry skin. It is my HG summer cleanser. I recommend 2 pumps for the face, neck and chest. It cuts through all the sweat and grime after a long day at the restaurant. It smells so soft and fresh, very light scent for people who usually don't like fragrance. I'm on my second bottle. Went to purchase this, and it was sold out, so I tried something else from Boots Botanics, but didn't like it as much, so I bought another one as soon as I could. I want to see how this works for my skin in the winter, but I love it right now in the sweaty season!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good cleanser, not amazing but definitely good. I only use it in the mornings as i imagine a mouse isn't great at removing makeup, it gently cleans the oils off my skin leaving it refreshed and bright, I use this in conjunction with the brightening toner and i've had no break outs for two weeks which is rare for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by mezzed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually looked here for reviews before I bought this product, but unlike the majority, I really do not like this product. It did not work on me at all. After maybe 3-4 times of using this face wash, my face started forming really bad cystic pimples. And like how someone stated in a review before mine, I felt like this product also only spread the "dirt" around on my face. I think this reason is why my face started forming cystic pimples one right after another. The only thing that I can say I like about this face wash is it's packaging. The packaging is very pretty and practical.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

I really like this product! It doesn't dry out my skin, make it greasy, doens't leave it feeling gross at all! :) It's nice and foamy which I love, it goes on super smooth and lathers up pretty well. I like the bottle very much very cute and organic looking. I would say since it's a foam it runs out quicker then a liquid would or a scrub, but I don't mind. It cost me around... $8-$10, which isn't much at all, and it's easily found in Target. I also use a few other Boots products which so far I like very much!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really loved this product initially as it's gentle on the eyes for removing make up, easy to use, and very affordable. After a while I began to feel like it wasn't removing all of the face make up, however, and I question how the foam would really be able to penetrate that. My main grip with this product, however, is that it travels terribly- the altitude caused the bottle to leak out about half of the product when I took it on a 8 hr drive north. A nice gentle cleanser that works in the mornings or without make up to remove, but not recommended as far as make up removing goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry I have to bring down the rating of this cleanser, but something in it is breaking me out something awful! This is the only change I have made to my daily facial cleaning and I now have huge cystic acne that I am battling on my chin and cheeks. I haven't had anything like that in years. I don't know what it is but unfortunately, this goes back to Target. Luckily when you order it on-line you can return it to the store which is much more convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser really surprised me! I was using Apricot scrub (either St. Ives or generic) every day for YEARS (ok 3) because of my oily acne prone skin. But now that I'm 24 I feel like my skin is changing, and the apricot scrub was too harsh for everyday use. Enter this! I was refered to this by the Boots Lady at Target last weekend and although I was put off by the paraben and of course that she wanted me to buy her products, I gave it a go (along with the Toning Lotion). I'm glad I did! I didn't realize how clean my face could feel without scrubing the heck outta it! It has a nice, not overwhelming scent, and because the pump foams the product for you (it adds air & uses less product at a time), all I need to do massage it on. Afterwards my face, neck and decollete areas are all smooth and FEEL clean, WITHOUT being red and rubbed raw. I haven't had any problems with this, no breakouts or irritation. It says that it exfoliates, but there's no beads or anything, just soft foam. I love this- paraben be darned! I can tell this is going to last a few months and unless anything dramatic happens (in which case I'll update), it's a keeper!

UPDATE: July 19. Still LOVE this cleanser. It's been nearly 3 months and I have a little less than half the bottle left. Very good value. I just wanted to add that if you have oily, acne prone skin like me, this is BEST USED WITH the Complexions Refining Toner. I took a month off of the toner, trying to go more natural (apple cider vinegar/green tea) and all my acne came back with a vengence. I hadn't stopped using this cleanser. But I repurchased the toner 2 days ago and already I've stopped developping new pimples and my face is looking better and healing.