September 30, 2014 | 1732 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 409 Tropical Light

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tropical Light is one of the more unique quints in Dior's lineup. The neutrals start to get very redundant once you own a few quints (but that's not to take away from how gorgeous they all are). The green is very wearable even if you don't usually do colours. The brown can be a real workhorse shade. The light grey is quite unique, but I think the frostiness of it distracts a bit from the overall effect. The pink is not chalky at all, and the white... well, I don't do much with whites. Overall, the quality is totally there, and the combination of colours is a little unexpected and unique for Dior. Worth having for a quint lover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh my goodies, a palette from Dior that I don't regret buying, and can somehow incorporate all 5 (if I must!) into one look.

I ran into SDM, looking quickly for a palette. It seems that my purchases upon quick to no judgement or preplanning, are good purchases!?

I was hesitant upon the medium-toned green on the bottom left, as I usually don't like colors like this but I can mix it in with the top and middle brown/taupes for a subtle sheen of green.

The mint green is an absolutely lovely inner corner, which is a "must" for me, at all times. The pink sometimes replaces that for a softer look, but I definitely love 4 out of 5 colors for this palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ln_marie_d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been a big fan of the Dior quints for years, nothing even comes close to equaling them in my opinion. I have no idea why it took me so long to get Tropical Light, I guess in pictures it always looked a bit bland but now that I have it, oh my goodness!!!!!! This quint is truly amazing. The colours are beautiful, soft and wearable. The greens are muted but incredibly pretty and wearable and you can also use this quint for just a neutral look with the three other colours. All of the shades have shimmer but it isn't over the top glitter so is suitable for day wear. I can see myself getting a lot of mileage out of this particular quint. Yes, it is expensive but you are getting 5 shadows and the quality is outstanding, at the end of the day when my face is a greasy mess and my foundation has worn off these shadows are still in place looking fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love dior quints, they are the best out there and totally worth their hefty price tag. This is an iridescent palette, which means the colours are not heavily pigmented but give a glow to the eye. They are NOT frosty but give a sublte effect. I love that can put these on and don't look like I wear heavy or dramatic eye make up. You can add the darker colours to give your eyes some depth. This combination of greens and browns is very versatile. You can get a cool look or add more warmth with the dark brown colour. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another stunning Dior eyeshadow palette-all very wearable colors that combine beautifully together. Great for hazel eyes. Silky, creamy textured shadows that you can wear in many combinations. I did not find this overly shimmery/frosty (I'm 40). looks great paired with soft peach or pink cheeks and lips. Wonderful for spring, summer and beyond. Yes it's pricey, but you will find that you get a beautiful product for your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this palette. The shades are so pretty, and I feel like you can do a variety of looks. I especially love the middle taupe shade, it's a great all-over lid color. The shadows are so soft and velvety and they wear better than any other brand I have tried. I have no criticism of this palette, it's wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lasteluv

I was reading the comments here as I awaited this product in the mail and I was really worried I'd be disappointed. CD's Tropical Light arrived today. I have no regrets. I swatched all the colors on my hand. They are absolutely gorgeous. They catch light beautifully and are somewhat lighter than in the pan. Of course this product is shimmery... "IRIDESCENT" is in the product name. I bought it for the shimmer and it is by far the best shimmery e/s I've had yet. I'm wearing the moss green with the bronze on the outer corner without any base or primer. It's lasted hours with no fade or creasing - I applied it with a small all-over eyeshadow brush. And I also have to say, these colors bring out the gold flecks in my brown eyes which is really cool.

EDIT: just after five hours, it has some creases. That's a good run though. I'll wear it with a base of primer moving forward.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2754

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think these shadows are beautiful. They are quite irridescent, but i like them! I have green eyes, and this quint is perfect my eye color and skin tone. The price is outrageous for eyeshadow, but worth the splurge. I would buy it again, but if it doesn't last long, I may not!

Update: these shadows are really too irridescent. I like them at first, then realized my eyes were way too shiny!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is irridescent shiny. A makeup artist Dior applied it today. It was muddy, too shiny, too off colour. I find I am always underwhelmed by Dior Shadow, all except for a pink duo I bought a long time ago. I came home and fixed it with chanel. Blah

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i love it like all my shimmer -finish dior quints.