April 17, 2014 | 987 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Iridescent Quint -Petal Shine 809

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this palette after reading some great reviews. I use Mac Jest ,Naked Lunch and Trax as my go to colors almost everyday. I was looking for new colors to discover and thought maybe this palette could be the one. After using it a couple of times, I found that the two pink colors in this palette are not any better than my beloved Jest and Naked Lunch actually worse because they are warmer than them. Trax is a more interesting color than its purple color. Also the color in the middle (salmon) is way too warm for me, meaning money wasted.
The last color is taupe. Well it is a nice color, the best color out of others but I also have Bobby Brown Fawn, which is very similar . No need to have two similar colors that do the same job.

It is not a bad palette but it just does not worth its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by dreamsandreverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

These shadows have a pearly sheen that is just lovely. The quality is excellent and the colors in Petal Shine work for multiple looks whether you take your time doing your makeup or just swipe it on heading out the door. Often I find light colors to be chalky but these are very smooth and apply evenly. I do use a primer because I have very oily eyelids and have had no problems with creasing or fading. This quint is expensive at nearly $60 but I love this one. The sponge applicators are cheap looking and I prefer a brush so I throw them away which seems like a waste. I feel the sponge applicators detract from the "look" of the palette. I'm not a fan of the blue but the case is very sturdy.
Overall, I rated it 4/5 because while I really enjoy this quint, all the colors had a strong sheen to them meaning I personally cannot use this quint solely from lashline to brow bone. It's a small complaint and shouldn't deter anyone from trying it.

If I had the chance to redo my purchase, this would definitely come home with me again. If you see it in store, swatch it and maybe you'll love it, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not really an eyeshadow person but I love this palette! The colours are so soft and pretty; they suit my very fair, cool-toned skin fabulously. As with all Dior eyeshadows, they apply so smoothly and easily that there's no need for a primer, also because they last so well without creasing at all. The finish on the Iridescent Quints is lovely. A pearly, shiny and lustrous beam. The colour is so pigmented too that you really only need to touch your brush/applicator very lightly on the powders so they last forever. I remember getting a sample in a different colour that lasted me months upon months. That's all I can really say about these eyeshadows - they're great in every way. Well, perhaps not the Australian price. From what I gather, they retail for $52 in the US but here they are $100! The US price is very reasonable, especially given how much eyeshadow you actually get and how long it lasts. So make sure you buy online! The prices on cosmetics in Australia is ridiculous...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ladyfey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! I have worn grey eyeshadow for years, I am very pale and cool toned so browns and other warm colors look horrid on me. As I have gotten older, my face has really thinned out and the grey has been making me look a little more hollow eyed and tired. Decided to give this a try after seeing the reviews here and this is the first holy grail product that I have ever found! It is not too shimmery for my 40 year old self, but nice and glowy. I use it so that it is fairly subtle, the palest shade is a nice highlighter on the inner corner of the eye. Will buy this again and again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this constantly, and it's the one palette that I always take with me when I travel. Always. It's subtle and delicate, and the pastels are actually flattering. Not the typical bubble-gum pastels that have a chalky base. These are wearable and don't make me look sickly or washed out as other light eyeshadows sometimes do. My pale skin actually looks luminous when I wear these colors.

I like the versatility of these shades and the variety of looks I can achieve. When I have no time to think anything through I swipe the peach shade over my lids and the lower left mushroom-taupe color in my crease. It's easy, looks put together, and just glows. These are very pigmented and can be built up for intensity and a smokey, heavier effect. Just the right amount of shimmer and no frostiness at all.

I love the silky, dense texture. They are incredibly soft and smooth. Dior shadows are my favorite powder eyeshadow formula out there, even over Cle de Peau and Chanel. Great lasting power too.

I could rave all day long about these, and I probably do. I've tried to forcibly convert my friends to these quints and usually it doesn't take much arm twisting once they give them a try. I've become a crazy collector as far as these are concerned. As of now I own every single quint, and a large majority of the LE ones as well. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

Late on the review but this was my favorite during spring. The colors are so soft. I love the baby pink. It is one of those pink that doesn't make you look like you are sick. It's an extremely beautiful and a wearable pink. The rest of the colors, love, love, love. It's taking a break right now since fall is here but it will be resurrected come spring time. It is on the expensive side but well worth the money, imho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first Dior quint. Actually, my first Dior product period. I went to the counter specifically to get one of these quints, but I wasn't' sure which one I wanted. They're ALL so beautiful! Because I have a million and five browns, taupes, wines and rusts, the SA recommended Petal Shine.

I was dubious, but took it home.

First, I have to say that the quality is absolutely amazing. The blending just goes beyond anything I have ever experienced before and the pigmentation cannot be beat. One tiny dab of my brush was enough to do the job with lovely intensity. I don't use primer regularly, but even so, this shadow stayed put and did not crease even the slightest bit. I wore it all day and then through an hour long Zumba class. It looked just as fresh as it had when I first applied it.

Though I don't usually pay any attention to packaging, this is so chi chi that I can't help but be a little impressed by it. The little velvet pouch is very posh and the CD holoram on the compact? To. Die. For.

These particular colors are truly beautiful. The salmony color in the center has a duochrome quality that is very unique and interesting, but subtle. The taupe is soft and pretty and the purple also has that dimesional quality that makes the finish incredibly beautiful. The word "shimmer" is a misnomer, I fear. This is no mere shimmer. This is...gossamer dust fallen from the wings of a newly emerged butterfly (insert deeplyt gratified sigh here).

Unfortunately, I'm just not sure they're right for my skin tone and coloring. They really do complement my green eyes wonderfully (I refust to use the term "pop") but I think they might be slightly too cool for my red hair and the sallow undertones in my skin. Also, I wish there was a deeper purple for smoky evening looks. But I'm hanging onto it because it's just so friggen beautiful.

I can't believe I paid $60 for eyeshadow. But the old adage "you get what you paid for" really rings true for this product. It's simply amazing.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far I have not decided if I would buy this quad. I love four colors of the pallet (the two lightest ones, the center one and the bottom left one). The purple color looks muddy on me. I use the lighest shades as a highlighter with other eyeshadows that I own. They are the perfect light pink and light beige. The center color is a rusty color that I love to apply all over my lid with some brown color in the outer V. And the bottom left color is a gray-brown with purple undertones that I also just apply all over the lid or combine with the center color. I love how these eyeshadows look on my lids, they do not crease for at least 6 hours (w/o any base), but it's such a pain to remove them because the glitter ends up all over my lids and under the eyes. I might go back to using regular Dior quads not the iridescent ones because those do not leave any glittery particles behind
I just had to report back with an UPDATE: I went to a club. It was packed with people, everybody was dancing, so I started to sweat like crazy. My face makeup melted right off but these eyeshadows did not move, they did not crease even a little bit. And I didn't even apply any base that night, just slapped the eyeshadows on my lids. It is unbelievable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to buy this quint because Dior shadows tend to be hit or miss. This one however, is perfection! All the colors go well together. It's rare that I use all the colors that come in a palette. The texture is smooth and application is a dream. The colors have a sophisticated sheen to them and stay true all day long, no creasing. The is one of my favorites by far and I reach for this several times a week. My 2nd favorite quint by Dior is Stylish move.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I always get so many compliments when I used this palette! This was the first quint a purchase 3 years ago and more a follow since then.
I love Dior iridescent eyeshadows, i know it's not everybody cup of tea,
This Quint have light lilac, a ligh bright pink (i used this colors as a highlighter and it is one of the few colors that a I hit the pan) in the middle a dirty pink (??), there is a mauvy-taupe and a deep purple.
This palette offer so many options and all colors complement each other, it is one of the best palette out there!