September 18, 2014 | 1606 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Balancing Day Care Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

While living in many humid warm climates like Louisiana and Hawaii i couldn't even dream of using or needing a rich cream like this one, but as soon as i moved back into the dry Colorado climate my Jurlique Soothing day care lotion wasn't nearly creamy enough to keep my previously oily skin from drying up (and getting rashy dry)---
so nervously (bc i tend to break out from everything) I ordered this cream, and it's been a lifesaver. no problems from it whatsoever (which is really saying something for me and my sensitive picky skin) it's not the very richest cream out there, so i think that's why it works well for me, but it seems good for normal-ish/dry-ish skin or someone preferring a lighter cream. i think their rose facial cream is the heavier one for super dry, but this one is perfect for me. it has been fall and winter here, so not sure if it will be great for me during hotter months, but it's definitely my go-to dry, cold weather cream now. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Sandrina13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As someone already mentioned before - expensive, but worth it. I've tried so many moisturizers before (expensive and cheap ones), but I always go back to Balancing day cream. While Herbal Night Recovery was disaster, this one is a gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Pinkspongecake

I found this product gentle and not too heavy. It doesn't sit on my skin like other heavy creams like Weleda or embryolisse. I like the rose scent and I prefer to use it as a night cream as it protects my face overnight and I awake with a dewy and morning glow. I would recommend this to women in the 20s - 30s in trying to maintain and prevent wrinkles or dryness. It's a good facial moisturiser... That's it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This day cream is not moisturizing enough for me. My face still feels dry after applying this in the morning or night. Also it feels sticky after you put it on.

It just doesn't give me the hydration I need. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Reneybeney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin tends to be on the drier side, my T-zone is oily in the spring and summer only. I first tried this cream at the end of fall beginning of winter and it was a huge disappointment. It did not provide the moisture I needed. But, I wasn't ready to throw away the tube. So, I tried it again at the end of March. This time, as my skin was starting to adjust to warmer weather (Los Angeles, Ca) it was worked beautifully for me. I am also using the Herbal Recovery Gel and my skin looks refreshed and feels properly moisturized. I still have an oily T-zone that I blot a few times a day. The application is key I think, I had never "patted" my face with product, usually just rubbed it in. I will probably try something different towards the end of the year, but for now, this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by shiinygirl

Absolutely amazing!!!! I have been a faithful Yonka user since I moved form the east coast to the dry climate of Colorado. I started to break out for the first time after the move. An esthetician taught me the importance of using a cream that actually penetrated the skin to moisturize. I was actually breaking out from my skin being too dry, even though I was wearing moisturizer daily. She put be on Yonka Cream 93 and it cleared my skin up immediately. Recently, I wanted to find a cream that had no parabens. I finally found Jurlique! I was worried that this cream would be too thick and not penetrate My skin drinks this up and it feels perfectly moisturized! The fragrance is strong. It is very earthy-floral. Natural smelling, but strong.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Reminds me of Weleda Skin Food's consistency - a mixture of oily and sticky - however, this one remains feeling sticky and filmy on my skin. I tried layering some different face oils underneath, which did help the product to penetrate better, but I still experienced skin bumpiness (not exactly breakouts...more like my overall skin texture felt rough to the touch) after a few days. My skin is not particularly sensitive and I like organic lines, but I don't care for Jurlique face care products in general.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Submarie

Very thick on my oily combination skin, made me look extremely shiny, didn't absorb like I hoped it would. I also broke out around the jaw line using this... never, ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rosyposie

I thought that this cream would be good for my combination skin. At first I thought it was a good cream, I liked the cream texture and although it was thick, it absorbed nicely. However, after about a week of use, I noticed flaking on my forehead. I was using this combined with the Jurlique herbal recovery gel so I stopped using the gel to see if the moisturizer was the issue. After a few days I still noticed the flaking. I also broke out when I started using this with the gel (so I'm not quite sure which of the two caused the breakout). Also, I brought the tube with me on a trip and somehow something must have squeezed it slightly because it overflowed from the cap, which was kind of annoying and a waste of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had always stay away from cream texture as always found them thick and hard to apply. Also, I have combination skin so lotion is much more prefer. Anyhow, I was trying this during the Autumn time. The cream is thick but was easily absorb to the skin. Also, it's not a rich cream so it works great on my skin. My skin stay fresh all day long including my t-zone. Prefect moisturizer for Autumn/Winter. So far, Jurlique had never let me down.