July 29, 2014 | 1444 users online

Crème - Revlon - Age Defying Makeup & Concealer Compact with Botafirm, SPF 20 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Yet another drug store item that is lovely and offers superior coverage. I use the medium 02 shade and it matches perfectly with my NC35/40 skin tone..Yes, it is a bit thick but you just need a little and you mist set it wit powder or else it will crease! Kind of reminds me of Mac concealer (the one in the eye shadow container). I like this and I have used lots of high end concealers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I bought this on clearance at Rite-Aid for under $4. I purchased the medium 02 for my NC35 tanned skin with yellow undertones. Colorwise, both the foundation and concealer are two shades too light for me. Also, as others have said this cream foundation is way too thick and difficult to spread, and can look cakey.

However, I found the perfect use for this as a light to medium coverage concealer. I dab my foundation brush in this and lightly spread it over my undereyes, eyelids, around the nose, and on the shadows around the corners of my mouth, and then I blend it with a sponge. As a concealer, it was not difficult to blend and was just the right consistency to even out the skintone and hide imperfections. After applying this, my skintone is all even and I do not even need to apply foundation (I have fairly clear skin though). This is much easier to blend than the MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, although its coverage is not as intense. Overall, I love this as a concealer. It does not seep into fine lines and accentuate them, although it is important to use a good moisturizer prior to using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by pinklazer

This product is EXTREMELY cakey on me. And I applied a good moisturizer underneath as well. I can see it working as a really good undereye concealer; however, the formula is super thick. I tried dabbing it in with fingers, using a concealer brush, patting it on with a sponge, and no matter what I do, it exaggerates my pores and leaves this cakey residue.

That aside, I really love the packaging though. But it's also pretty pricey for a drugstore foundation/concealer. I'd rather shell out another $10 and get a higher quality brand.

Anyway, here's a list of pros and cons again.
    Pros- good packaging, convenient for travel, decent amount of product
    Cons- cakey(even when warmed up between fingers), expensive(for those on a budget), colors don't match well(the concealer does not work for my skin tone while the foundation itself is a perfect match)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by klacy73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 35 years old, with combination skin, living in the moody climate of south central Texas. Over the past year, I've noticed a few little creases around my eyes, so I thought I would try some type of "age defying" foundation to test the coverage.

I purchased this compact yesterday and tried it today for the 1st time. I LOVE this foundation! I used the concealer and foundation this morning and my face literally glows! The color match was perfect, which rarely ever happens for me! The coverage is amazing and is probably the best of all of the other brands of make-up I've tried from Clinque to Neutrogena to Maybelline. I'm sticking with this!

I'm just glad I purchased the make-up prior to reading some of the reviews on this site! Since they do offer a money back guarantee, what do you have to lose? There is no miracle time machine, but if you're looking for nice coverage and a flawless finish, this one is worth a shot! Also gotta love the 20spf!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

This does not work well if you have any type of blemishes or if you have oily/combination skin. Like with another Revlon compact foundation, I had to set this with an EveryDay Minerals foundation powder just to get it to stay longer than a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Scruffy892

This is a hard product to work with. The foundation has a sticky texture that makes it hard to spread or layer. The concealer product is much smoother to work with. I'm not sure who this stuff would work for, but I have combination 38 year old skin, and it looks horrid on me. It seems to magnify all of my skin's texture issues, and it has the rare trait of looking sucky both immediately after you put it on AND after a few hours wear. I am also amazed that it is sticky, and yet it still rubs off. I gave it a 2 because you can get thickish coverage with it, and the concealer is ok-ish. I would suggest trying CG Aquasmooth instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lately I've been noticing fine lines under my eyes, which has sent me into an attack. I've scoured the make-up aisles in every store that I know of, buying up every product with the word "age" in it. With that is where I've come across this compact. Upon first glance its pricey at 15 bucks for a drugstore compact, but it does come with both foundatio and concealer. The packaging I like, as it's secure, has a large mirror, and comes with a good amount of product. The product itself is pretty good. The foundatio and concealer is creamy and liquid to the touch, but dries to an airbrushed, undetectable powdery finish. My only gripe is when applied under the eyes, it cakes up and only makes them appear worse. So much for that anti-aging "minimizes the appearance of fine lines" claim! If you put that past you, this is a good product, but they should really take away the "age-defying" part of the name. Note: Wouldn't recommend for dry skin, as it'd probably look a bit cakey.
    Would buy again?: No.
    Colour purchased: Early tan.
    Price?: $14.99USD at CVS continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNike

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good things about this product are the sturdy packaging and how easily you can see the colors while it's still sealed in the store. I find the Foundation super-blendable--almost too much so because the Foundation will settle into your wrinkles. The concealer doesn't settle as bad. The coverage of the foundation alone is okay. You look better than you did without it, but something else could help.
    There's not much of a smell and I haven't really been using it long enough to notice a difference in wrinkles.
    WORD TO THE WISE: Don't put the foundation under your eyes if you have fine lines there. It cakes into the creases of your wrinkles and makes them look worse.
    ***update: Honestly, this makeup tends to look sloppy after a few hours. It smears or settles or something--and you kinda look like you put on makeup in patches. I will not buy again.
    ***12-16-08/update 2: This makeup sucks. It cakes and smears after a few hours and just looks sloppy--the coverage isn't worth the price. I don't have many wrinkles, but it does settle into the ones I do have--both the concealer AND the foundation. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by cherrywhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive skin, light acne and combination skin with yellow undertones. The color nude beige is a perfect match for me. The foundation is creamy smooth, but not highly greasy nor heavy. It goes on light and smooth and does not dry out. The creme formulation is my preferred type of foundation because it is easy to apply, fast, and leaves the best soft natural smooth finish. It doesn't settle on the lines either. I really like this makeup up better than others I have tried, I always come back to Revlon, but this one outperforms other ones even the liquid version of this line. I think this is one of the best formulations Revlon has made that suits my skin type and color perfectly. I highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Absolutely awful. None of the colours are a good match for my skin and the texture is thick, cakey and difficult to spread. Not only that it turns my skin into a total oil slick!. Normally I love Revlon foundations, but this one went straight in the bin.