December 22, 2014 | 1073 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ulta - Coconut Lime Shower Gel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i am impressed wity this shower gel. i got it for 3 dollars and it is really nice. it lathers alot and is extremely moisturizing. it is also nice and thick so it works great for shaving. i took one star off because there are not many scents and they are not too exiting but this one is a good summer scent. the best part is no animals testing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got the travel size and tried it this morning. Works OK, didn't dry out my skin too much or make me itchy, but the fragrance is very light. I was hoping for a little more of a coconut fragrance but it was really barely there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Usually ULTA bath & body products turn me off for some reason. Lavender Fields and Va Va Vanilla both had a plastic-y note that made me swear off of them, but Coconut Lime was too tough to resist.

This is a lovely true lime scent--it does indeed smell more like key lime pie to me than coconut lime. It smells amazing in the shower but doesn't linger on my skin afterward, which some might not like--I don't mind at all. If I want to smell like coconut lime (or key lime pie!), I can always wear the body lotion--no problem. If I'd rather not smell like lime post-shower, I don't have to.

As for the soap/shower gel function, this gets the job done, but doesn't lather up as much as I prefer, which is why I downgraded this from 5 to 4 lippies.

The best part about this? The price! Usually ULTA has some sale going on, so I can either stock up (2 for 1) or get it for less (50% off). It usually retails for $8, but with the aforementioned deals, it's in the same price range as Suave and less than Dove or Oil of Olay. Maybe it's worth revisiting ULTA branded products after all.