August 27, 2014 | 1592 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Candy Shop Lip Tin- berry pop [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by mjo42

eh. its ok. not the best but not the worst. I really love the smell of this. It has a nice sweet candy smell to it. i could sniff it all day if i wanted to.

This is more on the sticky side though. The color is a really beautiful color. It's basically a dark red, like a ruby slipper. But what i really love about this is that it has really small red and silver glitter. I think it just give your lips just the perfect shimmer.

Unforturnately, it didnt have any pigmentation AT ALL. There was zero. nada. none.

The packaging is very nice though. The gloss is in a tin container with a sliding lid that locks in place when closed. also, when it's open, i guess there's some kind of stopper so you can't open the lid fully. it stops after you open it about 3/4 of the way through. so i have no idea how you're suppose to get the other 1/4 of the product

Since it is dirt cheap, i'll give it a 3 out of 5

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Berry Pop is a mauve/burgundy sheer gloss on the lips with spare amount of fine speckles of glitter. The smell is delicious like chocolate berry but everytime I use this it would sting my lips. I really liked the cute packaging but it can be messy/sticky to use by finger.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I got this as a free gift with my latest ELF haul. I think it cost $1 per tin on the website.

The first thing I noticed when putting this on was the smell. It literally smells good enough to eat, which I thought was weird since most of the reviewers seem to hate it LOL.

The tin package is cute. Looks like a mint case. Some might not like dipping their fingers in to use it, but I don't mind.

I also noticed this stuff is very sparkly. It adds a nice touch of shimmer to the lips.

The texture does feel a little bit sticky.

As for pigmentation. Uh-uh. In the package, it looks like a very dark reddish maroon, but I noticed no color on my lips when I put it on. If you're looking for a tinted, decently-pigmented lip gloss, skip this.

I think the smell is what really got me with this one. I like sweet, berry smells. It's very cheap, so if I saw this at Target, I think I would repurchase. I don't think it's worth the shipping cost on the site though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 10:40:00 AM More reviews by arlentx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently discovered e.l.f. products and went on a shopping spree on their website. I tried this lip gloss after seeing rave reviews on a youtube video.

I like a little something on my lips but I am not a huge lip gloss person, really. I think maybe some of the other reviewers must have received a bad batch from the company since most of the ones who complained about the smell got theirs as a "free gift". I ordered mine and found the scent inoffensive. Now, mind you, I'm not walking around sniffing it like it's a dessert or anything but I didn't think it was bad for a lip gloss.

The texture was pretty decent for lip gloss. It was a tad bit sticky to me but that has been my experience with most products like this. The color is a sheer yet ever so slightly shimmery berry color and isn't too dark. I would wear this alone or over lipstick for a glossy topcoat.

The packaging is pretty nice. Not cumbersome or cheap. Product goes on nicely with a lip brush.

All in all, a pretty good lip gloss. And, let's face it, you can't beat the $1 price tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LIKE IT...THE COLOR PAYOFF IF GOOD...BUT THE SMELL..EWW!..IT SMELLS NOTHING LIKE BERRY POP....(more like berry poop)..SMELLS BAD...FOUL SMELL TO IT!...LOL..GAVE IT TO MY LITTLE DAUGHTER ...SHE REFUSED TO PLAY WITH IT..SHE SAID IT SMELLED LIKE DIRTY SOCKS.".LOL....and seriously it does!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm with everybody else. Got this as a free gift with my recent purchase. Am not impressed. My biggest complaint is that is smells bad. Texture is okay. Has an okay color. I guess for the price, you can't complain too much!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by meber

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love the tins that this gloss comes in. That and the price are the only good things I can say about this product. I agree with some of the other reviewers -- it is sticky and it definitely does not smell good but instead almost like it's gone bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by seedchan

I also got this for free. Love the packaging, very sturdy and once I got the hang of how to slide the lid it's a breeze. Also very handy since it's so portable.

The smell I admit is a bit strange (undescribable IMO) but not overly strong, and not particularly foul. It is very sticky, but soothing to the lips, and adds a hint of colour which I like. Overall there's better, but for a buck, I would get it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by knics33

I am very surprised by all of the low ratings! I got this as an extra in a swap and overall I am very pleased. The consistency is very creamy and smooth and feels great on the lips. The color is a deep berry with tiny specs of glitter/shimmer that barely shows when applied to the lips (which I like). The smell is somewhat like berries and cream and is pretty strong. Overall, I definitely plan on purchasing more of the candy shop lip tins in the future~

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by ectini

WORST THING EVER. And they sent me 3 of these things when I only ordered one, and they were already melted and sticky OUTSIDE the packaging. They all smell the same-ish and are VERY sticky. The color is not bad (sheer shimmer) and the container is cute but the stickyness and smell is just horrible.