LUSH Handy gurugu

3.9

Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Fair Trade Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Glycerine , Stearic Acid , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Triethanolamine , Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla) , Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Organic Peanut Butter (Arachis hypogaea) , Organic Pumpkinseed Butter (Cucurbita) , Organic Cashew Nut Butter (Anacardium) , Organic Almond Butter (Prunus dulcis) , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , Cetearyl Alcohol , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Coumarin , *Geraniol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , Chlorophyllin , Methylparaben , Propylparaben * Occurs naturally in essential oils.

on 2/5/2015 7:38:00 AM

I've sampled this one many times and it's consistent. Smells nice (might be too strong for some) it's not a lemon or flowery smell - it's sweet herbs (if that makes any sense). A little goes a long way - rich but not heavy. I use as a night time hand and foot cream for a few weeks. Works great! My cuticles are in tact, no winter snaggles. My feet are nice and smooth, not ashy and rough.

on 7/10/2014 7:49:00 PM

lovely scented hand cream, nice and rich but not too greasy. absorbs well and my dry hands love this formula. if I could change one thing it would be the jar, a pump action bottle would be so much easier. would make a nice gift for a female friend, as the scent is a little to powdery to suit men.

on 5/17/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I got a free sample just three days ago. Every winter I have extremely cracked, red, and burning hands. I tried different moisturizers but to no avail, so I asked the Lush SA for a good hand cream, knowing that it would be hopeless. He gave me a free sample and I applied it twice a day, and my hands are now in perfect condition. It works so quick, smells good, and absorbs rather fast. I love it. Excellent for very dry winter skin!

on 3/16/2014 12:53:00 PM

I love this cream!! I have dry hands in the winter (I live in Canada) and I have tried a lot of creams that claimed to be suited for people with dry hands. The only one that seemed to help me abit was L'Occitane dry skin 20% Shea butter. However, the effect wouldn't last very long. An hour later, my hands would remain soft but not that soft and I would have to reapply.
BUT!!!! The Handy gurugu by lush is the best!!! I've applied it and my hands are still very soft!!!! The cream also has Shea butter but was more moisturizing than L'Occitane (maybe cuz of the almond oil?). L'occitane costs 28$ and the handy gurugu costs 18,95$, yet its effect lasts longer!!!! Itz been 3 hours since I've applied it, and my skin is soft! I'm happy. Will repurchase the handy gurugu again and again and again and again! Love it

P.S. If u r looking for a girly scent like flowers and bubblegum, then u won't like the scent of handy gurugu loll. It smells like essential oils, "nutty", minty, I don't know how to describe the smell, but it doesn't smell delicious. Smell it before purchasing it ;)

Hope I helped :)

on 12/9/2013 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this. My hands get really dry and chapped so I'm always on the lookout for good hand creams. This smells like lush shops smell when you walk past them but is packed with natural butters and really helped make a difference to my poor hands. It can be quite greasy but only greasy, not waxy like some other hand creams
Again it is expensive but you need very very little so I expect a pot will last me ages. Not sure if I would buy it again or try something with a nicer scent but I'd definitely consider it.

on 3/2/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

LUSH's product lines contain several items which, if cannot be used as originally intended, often make fabulous products for another purpose. This, beyond the company's habit of creating high quality items, makes me a loyal devotee--if I can't use something one way, at least I likely won't have to pitch the item altogether.

This salvageable nature of their products, however, doesn't negate the central issue that an item does not serve its original purpose, especially at LUSH's price point. One such product is Handy Gurugu. I tend to wash my hands a lot to avoid germs, and have dry hands anyway (which are beginning to show minor signs of aging at 33--when most of my skin doesn't have this issue), so I need a high-performance hand cream. Preferably one which does not have to be reapplied often--or if it does, it will not leave a greasy residue on my hands. I also deplore leaving oily smudges on objects, so a quick-absorbing cream is important.

Handy Gurugu has a tendency to sit on top of my hands with minimal absorption. Assuming that I used too much (I tend to use half a fingertip per application), I reduced the amount to see whether this had an impact on the greasiness. At that point, however, my hands remained as dry as if nothing had been used. Which is another downside to this cream--when it did absorb into my hands (usually after 5-10 minutes), they didn't feel especially moisturized. Their appearance was definitely improved, but if I rubbed them together, they felt slightly tacky and still dry.

After several weeks of attempting to make this work as a hand cream, I gave up as the results were too lackluster--and in Chicago winters, I need something that solves dry skin quickly before it begins to crack. One day I decided to dab a bit of the cream into my hair (which is very naturally curly), and was shocked at the results. My strands were softened without being weighed down, and the cream imparted a medium sheen to my hair. While the scent of this cream was never a favorite (rose somewhat dominated by nuts--which makes sense given many ingredients are rose or nut butter related), it wasn't as pronounced in my hair as it was on my hands.

While this will not replace my beloved R&B leave-in conditioner from LUSH, it's a great midday/as needed cream for my hair. I've also had success in using it on flyaways. It never interferes with any styling products I may have previously applied to my hair, simply adds moisture. As a result, I carry this with me in my purse, so I can protect my hair in environments with different temperatures/humidity levels.

Additionally, I've found that this cream works very well as an elbow/knee/patchy dry skin cream, but the results I've had using it in my hair made me happy enough to keep using it in that capacity. I'm not exactly sure why it performs so differently on my hands as opposed to other areas of skin,

If you have this product and were not happy with it as a hand cream, try it in a different way--you may be pleasantly surprised.

on 2/28/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the best hand cream I've tried so far.

It makes my hands so soft and the smell is very nice too.

on 11/1/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A wonderful natural hand cream that I've been using along with Helping Hands for a while. Unlike that one, Handy Gurugu sinks into the skin completely, and a has a fresh herbal smell. It doesn't help as well with my skin condition though, so I'll probably be sticking with just Helping Hands in the future. Also, the little brown bits are weird and annoying.

Amazing. I'm not exaggerating when I say that when a friend introduced me to this I only used a little and my hands were soft for 3 days. Also it smells amazing and lasts forever.

on 4/23/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this as my cuticles are horrible and I get dry hard skin at the edges of my fingers.

It smells lovely and sinks in quite quickly. Moisturises my hands and fingers really well