April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Handy gurugu

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by shadel

I love this cream!! I have dry hands in the winter (I live in Canada) and I have tried a lot of creams that claimed to be suited for people with dry hands. The only one that seemed to help me abit was L'Occitane dry skin 20% Shea butter. However, the effect wouldn't last very long. An hour later, my hands would remain soft but not that soft and I would have to reapply.
BUT!!!! The Handy gurugu by lush is the best!!! I've applied it and my hands are still very soft!!!! The cream also has Shea butter but was more moisturizing than L'Occitane (maybe cuz of the almond oil?). L'occitane costs 28$ and the handy gurugu costs 18,95$, yet its effect lasts longer!!!! Itz been 3 hours since I've applied it, and my skin is soft! I'm happy. Will repurchase the handy gurugu again and again and again and again! Love it

P.S. If u r looking for a girly scent like flowers and bubblegum, then u won't like the scent of handy gurugu loll. It smells like essential oils, "nutty", minty, I don't know how to describe the smell, but it doesn't smell delicious. Smell it before purchasing it ;)

Hope I helped :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this. My hands get really dry and chapped so I'm always on the lookout for good hand creams. This smells like lush shops smell when you walk past them but is packed with natural butters and really helped make a difference to my poor hands. It can be quite greasy but only greasy, not waxy like some other hand creams
Again it is expensive but you need very very little so I expect a pot will last me ages. Not sure if I would buy it again or try something with a nicer scent but I'd definitely consider it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

LUSH's product lines contain several items which, if cannot be used as originally intended, often make fabulous products for another purpose. This, beyond the company's habit of creating high quality items, makes me a loyal devotee--if I can't use something one way, at least I likely won't have to pitch the item altogether.

This salvageable nature of their products, however, doesn't negate the central issue that an item does not serve its original purpose, especially at LUSH's price point. One such product is Handy Gurugu. I tend to wash my hands a lot to avoid germs, and have dry hands anyway (which are beginning to show minor signs of aging at 33--when most of my skin doesn't have this issue), so I need a high-performance hand cream. Preferably one which does not have to be reapplied often--or if it does, it will not leave a greasy residue on my hands. I also deplore leaving oily smudges on objects, so a quick-absorbing cream is important.

Handy Gurugu has a tendency to sit on top of my hands with minimal absorption. Assuming that I used too much (I tend to use half a fingertip per application), I reduced the amount to see whether this had an impact on the greasiness. At that point, however, my hands remained as dry as if nothing had been used. Which is another downside to this cream--when it did absorb into my hands (usually after 5-10 minutes), they didn't feel especially moisturized. Their appearance was definitely improved, but if I rubbed them together, they felt slightly tacky and still dry.

After several weeks of attempting to make this work as a hand cream, I gave up as the results were too lackluster--and in Chicago winters, I need something that solves dry skin quickly before it begins to crack. One day I decided to dab a bit of the cream into my hair (which is very naturally curly), and was shocked at the results. My strands were softened without being weighed down, and the cream imparted a medium sheen to my hair. While the scent of this cream was never a favorite (rose somewhat dominated by nuts--which makes sense given many ingredients are rose or nut butter related), it wasn't as pronounced in my hair as it was on my hands.

While this will not replace my beloved R&B leave-in conditioner from LUSH, it's a great midday/as needed cream for my hair. I've also had success in using it on flyaways. It never interferes with any styling products I may have previously applied to my hair, simply adds moisture. As a result, I carry this with me in my purse, so I can protect my hair in environments with different temperatures/humidity levels.

Additionally, I've found that this cream works very well as an elbow/knee/patchy dry skin cream, but the results I've had using it in my hair made me happy enough to keep using it in that capacity. I'm not exactly sure why it performs so differently on my hands as opposed to other areas of skin,

If you have this product and were not happy with it as a hand cream, try it in a different way--you may be pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

This is the best hand cream I've tried so far.

It makes my hands so soft and the smell is very nice too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A wonderful natural hand cream that I've been using along with Helping Hands for a while. Unlike that one, Handy Gurugu sinks into the skin completely, and a has a fresh herbal smell. It doesn't help as well with my skin condition though, so I'll probably be sticking with just Helping Hands in the future. Also, the little brown bits are weird and annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

Amazing. I'm not exaggerating when I say that when a friend introduced me to this I only used a little and my hands were soft for 3 days. Also it smells amazing and lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this as my cuticles are horrible and I get dry hard skin at the edges of my fingers.

It smells lovely and sinks in quite quickly. Moisturises my hands and fingers really well

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by HelloKari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will not repurchase this hand cream. It is ok at moisturizing, but it is very greasy and takes a long time to soak in.
I hate the smell. You'll either love it or hate it. It is an earthy-medicinal type scent. It's not that it is a bad smell, it's just not for me.
This also has parabens in it. I always thought Lush was more of an all natural type store. I guess I was wrong...
I may be the only person on Earth to admit this, but I'm honestly not the biggest fan of Lush. I've just never really used anything from there that I loved. I feel there are much better products out there, especially as this price point.
L'occitane makes awesome hand cream, I think I'll stick with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by CanadianPocky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I love this hand cream. My hands are always rough and dry, but 2 applications of this and my hands are soft and moisturized. The only thing that I dislike about this is the container. It's inconvenient to carry around, especially when I'm at school, but it lasts really long, so I apply in the morning, again at lunch to make sure and then at the end of the day. I can't really describe the scent, other than a really herbal hippie. It's about 18 dollars CAD, which is a bit expensive for a hand cream but fot the amount you get, its worth it. Plus, you only need a little bit to fully moisturize your entire hands. For me, it's definitely a splurge item, but I would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by kairos

so... don't really like it. I have it on my nightstand trying to use it up, but it's a bit of a struggle. It's not really that moisturizing, it just makes your hands greasy for quite a while (so you have to wait a bit before you touch anything) and the smell is sort of a herbal - man -smell... don't know how to describe this better. won't repurchase - there are much cheaper and better handcreams on the market.