October 31, 2014 | 904 users online

Mascara - Mirenesse - Secret Weapon Mascara Super Curl - Black

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by mumcanyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using all the Mirenesse mascaras since they came out.

This is the best all round mascara.

It is the same as the 24 hr one but the curled brush really makes a difference. Easy application - noticeable curl so my short lashes appear longer.

It stays put for me until I wash it off - swimming, sweating, crying whatever.

Its not a dramatic mascara but it is fantastic for every day at work or play.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

It's difficult to write a review for this mascara, because I achieved great results - but I get fall-out that goes into my eyes and irritates them. I thought it might have just been a one-off, but with each consecutive use, it happened repeatedly. Shame, because it does a fantastic job of lengthening and separating my lashes, and I find that the curved brush design makes it realy easy to apply. It doesn't curl as well as I thought it would, but I would still use it for the great lengthening and separating effect. However, I can't justify re-purchasing this mascara due to the fall-out which goes into my eyes. Pity.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Choctimistic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been in search for a good mascara and found this to be good in terms of lengthening but not volume. The ad is true to its word it is smudgeproof. I think it is a bit pricey though at $39.95. Would rather splurge on a high end brand thats got a proven track record. I had issues with it drying up quickly after infrequent use. If it was within the $15-$20 range, I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by NatashaXie

Pros: I didn't get any smudging or running throughout the day. Yet, it is removable with water and leaves no residue, no more panda eyes! And best of all, no eye makeup remover needed, ever! It is so convenient!
Cons: I found that it didn't curl well. And the product is quite dry. I have only had mine for a few days and am already finding it hard to get much of the product on the brush, so don't know how it will be in a months time.
Overall, pretty good product. Doesn't curl all that well, but does volumise and lengthen. The black is quite vibrant, which i like. And packaging is great. I like the removal the best... no mascara can beat this no fuss removal and its ability to not smudge throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by rubie

I got a full size mascara as a sample with only $8.50 (S&H). It came with a sheet of detailed instructions. Curved shape of wand is not something I'm familiar with but it is slim and very easy to apply. This mascara amazingly keeps my stubborn, straight eyelashes curled, makes my lashes truly black, lengthens them and adds a bit of volume (this mascara is not for those who want va-va-voom dramatic lashes). AND this is mighty waterproof yet removes with warm water & gentle pressure. This water-based formula is very smooth, fluid and very easy to apply--no driness, no clumps. My lashes look very natural and I LOVE the look this mascara produces, BUT the biggest problem I have is that this mascara STINGS my eyes!!! It's very painful indeed. Ugh! I have a burning sensation and there's no way I can bear with this. One more thing I don't like much is that coated lashes become so hardened, not soft at all. Other than that, this must be a great mascara for those who won't have a reaction to this formula.
*** Oh, but I will wash and keep the wand though. It's a very good wand!***
UPDATE: According to the website "Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database" (http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com), this mascara is ranked as the MOST toxic, highest health risk posing mascara. My jaw just totally dropped. No wonder!!!