December 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Vive Pro Glossy Volume, Fine Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by rockandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is absolutely fantastic! I use it with the coordinating shampoo. It's comparable to Chi's Magnified Volume at a fraction of the cost. I love the smell. The product adds a lot of natural looking volume to my fine, thin hair. It leaves my hair shiny and glossy. When I first started using this, I got a lot of compliments from friends, male co-workers, and even strangers. This is my new go-to conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by gembug100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this conditioner lastnight and I really like it. My hair is very long...to my bum and highlighted. I had no problem getting a comb thru...detangles very well for me. The smell is very nice and yes a little strong, but I like it. The conditioner is not thick maybe just a little runny. But over all it worked for me and I like it, yes I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I love the smell and yes...it does give me a little bit of volume. I won't buy it again because it is very hard to comb through my hair and makes it frizzy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been on a reviewing spree today so here goes another one. I really do like this conditioner, but it is nothing special. I really have given up on anything that claims to make my hair voluminous or glossy, yet I still seem to get sucked in by these claims. Who wouldn't want glossy, voluminous hair all wrapped up in a hot pink bottle? I have very thick and fine hair at the same time...well better to say a whole lot of fine hair. Most conditioners that promise not to weigh my hair down don't but they don't condition it either. This one does not make it greasy like the shampoo does and it does not weigh it down, all while providing a decent amount of conditioning. I usually use Redken All soft but on days I want to put the velcro rollers in (and get some volume for 15 minutes) I use this stuff. It's definitely less heavy than all soft but doesn't do anything miraculous. I will continue to use this throughout the summer or until it's gone and try something else in hopes it will actually give me volume. Here's hoping!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

This conditioner works well. I've given up on expecting va-va-voom volume, so the volume I do get from this conditioner is enough to satisfy me. It worked best for me when I applied it all over (including roots). When I used it on just my lower half (I usually avoid my roots since they're oily), it did nothing. It also works well in conjunction with the matching shampoo. Overall, I don't love it, but I can live with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rvkma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this new shampoo and conditioner from the Vive line. I have to say I was suckered in just from the name - Glossy Volume "spoke" to me, lol, because usually volumizing hair products leave my hair dried out and dull.

The conditioner smells very nice to me, (fruity-ish but not citrus, can't describe?) and has a smooth texture. I find it rinses out easy and leaves a slick texture, but not like a residue. When dry, my hair is nice and soft, and does not feel weighed down.

I do notice a nice ooomph of volume with these products after styling. I have a short angled layered bob and fine hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I looove the L'Oreal Nutri Gloss conditioner, so I figured I'd try this since I have really fine hair that could use a boost of volume. I expected this to be similar to the Nutri Gloss, but with added volume.
My main point: this conditioner made me break-out all along my hairline!! It was really all of a sudden, as soon as I switched conditioners. I think it's the palm oil (see ingredients list below), but I'm not positive. That was the main difference in ingredients between this and the Nutri Gloss.
It definitely made my hair "glossy" and healthy-looking, but didn't add much volume. I think it was still too heavy and weighed it down (despite what they claimed!). The biggest difference in my hair was the smell. This conditioner has a lot more perfume added and the smell lingers all day. Overall not bad, but sometimes that can be annoying.
But because of the break-outs, I switched right back to my favorite Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Shampoo for medium to long hair that is damaged. My skin is back to normal.

Ingredients:

Water - Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-180 , Myristyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Myristate , Fragrance - Parfum , Cetrimonium Chloride , Hydroxypropyl Starch , Phosphate , Methylparaben , Cetyl Esters , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Palm Oil - Elaeis Guineensis , Citric Acid , Hexyl Cinnamal , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Benzyl Salicylate , BHT , Poloxamer 407 , Dodecene , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Hydroxycitronellal