April 16, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Rose Petal Creamy Lip Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this color all that well on me when I first got it in a sample set in 2008. I thought it was too pink with no depth. And then last year, I thought I'd try it in a tube (not the little palette I got), and it's absolutely lovely. I truly don't look like I'm wearing lipstick. It just looks like I have the best natural lips and lip color. Sadly, I'm out of it, and will definitely reorder. It isn't anything spectacular, and it isn't for anyone who wants to make a dramatic statement with their lips. It's for people like me who want the "No make-up" look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

I adore this lipstick. I have pale skin with yellow undertones, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. The color is a medium rosy pink. The texture is lovely and smooths onto lips nicely, color translates perfectly from what you see in the tube to what it looks like on my lips. Moisturizing but not goopy. Really like this formulation. Staying power is medium, I tend to reapply a couple times during my 8 hour workday. I also find using the matching lip liner is a good thing. My only complaint is that the packaging could be prettier for the price. Otherwise, yes, love the color and will certainly repurchase. The prettiest rose color I've found for my coloring. And really lovely texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a NC37BB 4/4.5. This is one of the best MLBB lipcolors I've tried to date-- the others being BB Pink Berry and Bare Lipsheers and NARS Dolce Vita.

This formulation feels like a balm but delivers more pigment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the few BB lip colors that doesn't do the funky Bobbi color morph - it actually stays the same color on my lips as opposed to turning into some funky warm shade. Rose Petal is a lovely neutral soft rosey-pink - it's not a warm shade, but has a bit of warmth in it to tone down and neutralize the coolness. There is a bit of shimmer to it, but it's not overt. I have pigmented lips, and on ME this is a light shade but has enough of a gentle punch to still look good - and it's no small feat to find a light lipstick that is flattering when you have light skin and pigmented lips, so I'm thrilled with that. The formula is very comfortable on the lips and isn't as sheer as I thought it would be, I'd say it's in between a sheer and traditional in that regard (a good thing), nor is it very creamy upon application - it applies in the same vein as a traditional non-creamy lipstick but once on the lips transforms into a creamy texture. In other words, it's not a goopy mess like some other creamy formulas (another good thing). While the staying power isn't as strong as a traditional lipstick, it does last a decent amount of time on the lips. Overall, a really nice formula with a lot of positive attributes and a shade I'm very pleased with - we have a winner here!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

This was well worth the wait! So creamy and moisturizing, makes my lips look smoother, plumper in a gorgeous rosey shade. I'll be buying as many shades of this formula as I can :)