September 16, 2014 | 1852 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Chisel Fluff/Pointed Crease Duet

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the chisel (flat) side of the brush, but not so much the crease part. The flat side is really nice for just a sweep of color all over the lid and I love to use it with colors like satin taupe and sumptuous olive to kind of blend it out so the orangey undertone doesn't show as much. Great for outer corner too, but not a shader brush. It won't work if you try to pack on color, but does a good job at sweeping and blending. The pointed side is so harsh and prickly, I can't use it for my eye. I have found a use for it though, as a concealer brush weirdly enough. I can use it with thick creamy concealers like benefit erase paste and it's small enough to put the concealer on a pimple, then not over blend to the point where it almost takes off the concealer (if you know what i mean). Usual concealer brushes tend to blend away the concealer, making them useless. I won't repurchase because I really only need the flat side and I just put in an order to buy it separatly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate dual brushes and wouldn't buy it again. :/
The pointed crease side is pretty okay, worked fine for me, used it for some details while drawing something on my face for some make up contests and it showed up as quite great for that kinda stuff.

The chisel fluff side is a bit too fluffy for applying eyeshadows but for that price - can't expect much more. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

Well, the chisel fluff side was... too fluffy. it makes a mess of my shadow on my lid. I mainly bought this for the pointed crease side, but it was WAYY to scratchy. like, i dipped it into my shadow, and it practically became powder. i had a hard time using it on my crease too. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by admeno

Overall this is a very nice brush for the price. The crease end is great long enough for a soft application and small enough to keep good precision. The other side of the brush is an ok eyeshadow brush, a bit small and not dence enough if you want good color payoff. The main advantage of this brush is the fact that it gives you two essential brushes in one, so it is great for traveling or carrying in your purse.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by shelllly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this is a nice size dual-ended brush. The chisel fluff end is about the same size as a 213SE from MAC. Almost as soft. The other end is similar to the pointed crease on my Stila #15 dual-ended brush. Not as soft or as pointed as the Stila.

Drawback with mine was that it arrived in it's slender cellophane wrap, but the glue either was not applied to one end or didn't take, so came in two pieces. At the price of $3.95, I may just superglue it together.

It isn't as nice as the Italian Badger bristles brushes from Coastal Scents, and I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the chisel fluff/pointed crease duet and it works pretty well for the price (dirt cheap). I haven't had any problems applying my mineral eyeshadows with it or any of the other eyeshadow brushes that I purchased from this company.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

this is a great duo that gets a lot done without fuss. the flat end of the brush is soft and deposits color well. however, it isnt very fluffy or full. the pointed end is also very basic but it gets the job done. obviously, for the price these are great brushes but I think that for me, Coastal Scents does not beat Essence of Beauty in quality in packaging. the brushes are fuller, and well made. Coastal Scents brushes are thinner and softer but something about them just seems cheaper. its a give and take, especially since CS makes a MAC 187 dupe which is appealing for many people. however, I would say this particular brush is a great basic brush with no frills