July 24, 2014 | 1763 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Duo Fiber Stippling Brush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by starpowwers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ordered this same brush off ebay exact same everything except it doesn't say coastal scents and it is absolute garbage do not recommend at all I received it with glue on it and a hair sticking out of the metal plate ! I just bought the ELF one for three bucks and is so far okay ! Overall if you're needing to buy brushes even if you're a beginner I would spend the extra money. I'm not saying go crazy on Mac brushes because I honestly think they're a waste of money and who has money to spend on that but even ELF has some fantastic brushes for a very affordable price, Lesson learned anyway :P !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I don't know what to say... I see everybody had problems with this brush, but this is not my case. I've had it for 1 year and a half and it didn't lose hair AT ALL. I wash it with shampoo and conditioner, like I do with all my brushes. I use it for blush, highlighter, powder and even for foundation. I prefer the damp sponge for the foundation, but before discovering this trick, I've used this brush and my makeup looked perfect. As for the blush, I must say it looks so nice and natural that I don't use anything else on my cheeks. I don't know... maybe I bought the only good one? Maybe they are different in Europe? No idea.. But I like it and it cost me like 5 euros.. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased this as well as the eye blending brush and blush brush. Absolute garbage. Fell apart after 2 days - literally all the bristles came right out. To my surprise the other 2 brushes have lasted and hardly shed. Don't totally understand how the quality varies so greatly. I take good care of my brushes and properly wash - I am convinced it is just a poor quality brush. For a similar product, I would recommend the Real Techniques Stippling brush. Excellent brush and great price tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by atirasmom1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolute JUNK! I would NEVER repurchase this brush again. It sheds TERRIBLY!!! Be FOREWARNED!!! It sheds like a replica MAC!! Complete waste of $15 IMO. I don't see how people can stand to use this and leave good reviews like they don't noticed 100 little black bristles all over their face. It annoys me to the point that I think I'm going to give it away. I've tried dealing with it for several months but I honestly don't think I can put up with it any longer. I have about 5 MAC 187's I can use, plus a few others including a Sephora PRO and one from Bridgettes Boutique (Ebay) so I'm gonna try Bridgettes next to see how that pans out.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE = 1/5 (and I'm only giving it that because it didn't completely fall apart lol)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

JUNK!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush!! I don't use it for foundation, I use a sponge for foundation, I use this brush for blush, and MAC mineralized skin finish and mineralized skin finish natural. This brush does great with it! I think it would do pretty good with foundation too! It's made well, the bristles are very soft!! It seams to be a quality brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by fiamma84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just got this last week and I really like it. When I first saw it I was pretty underwhelmed. I was hoping it would be fuller but I gave it a try with Revlon PhotoReady which is medium coverage and my current daily foundation. I stippled it on buffed it in a bit. The result was wonderful! Nice even coverage. My skin looked soft, smooth, and natural. I tried this foundation with a more dense stippling brush and it looked awful. So I'm glad that I found something that works well and it affordable! I've seen some of the other reviews for this brush and I think it's important to note that you have to use appropriate brushes for different foundations. Of course this brush doesn't work for Revlon Colorstay. That stuff is so thick! So if you are disappointed with the result of a less dense brush with a super thick full coverage foundation, maybe you should consider whether the brush is appropriate for the foundation you want to use. It really hasn't shed more than one fiber that I've seen. Overall I really like it, and the price! I will be buying another one of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first stippling brush as I am on a tight budget, so I decided to give this a shot to use with my liquid foundation. When I first got it, I was kind of disappointed with it already! The brush was kind of soft and the bristles were looking frayed. I gave it a wash and it took longer than my other brushes to dry. There was some minor shedding as well and it looked more frayed than when I first got it. It isn't stiff as most reviewers have posted and the bristles do bend a little if you apply more pressure onto your face. Ok, if you are on a budget I guess.

UPDATE: The colour keeps running after every wash and even stains the towel that I use to let it sit/dry on. Would not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really know what to say about this brush cos i'm kinda having mixed feelings towards it. I was really excited when I first got it!

- It blends foundation well - but only for watery foundations. it gives a flawless skin like texture and gets to the crevices of my face. however, I can't seem to move my revlon CS foundation with this as it gets distributed quite unevenly.

- this brush doesn't seem to be able to do the 'patting' motion/air brush technique because it's quite spiky! Not much of a big deal, but it annoys the hell out of me whenever i try to pat on a foundation.

- Not as dense as I would have wanted it to be..

- I don't know if it's my brush or something, but whenever it dries, the white bristles turn a lil green (mold?) and I have to rewash it like 3 times in order for it to stay white. It doesn't happen with my other brushes, so im guessing it's either the synthetic bristles, or that the soap i use just doesn't go with this brush.

I wouldn't repurchase this =/

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found an alternative to the MAC 187 Stippling brush! No way in hell am I going to pay $42 for a brush. This was super cheap at Coastal Scents website, and I'm glad I found it.
I have to say, I use this brush for bronzers and blush, and I'm not too sure how well it does with foundation. It doesn't seem dense enough for that purpose, but still a good brush.
It buffs the bronzer/blush into your skin nicely so that it looks natural instead of having blobs of color on your face, and it's so soft! :) It also doesn't shed (though I've read other have that problem). I personally like this brush a lot, but then again, I don't use it for what it's intended for, ha.