December 22, 2014 | 1140 users online

Conditioner - Desert Essence - Red Raspberry Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Cupcake07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great conditioner! I was a little hesitant when I first used this as I find products that are mostly natural tend not to give me good results but this was amazing. My hair was incredibly soft and plus I only needed to use half of what I would normally use. It doesn't make my hair greasy and it still smelled fresh and clean the next morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by peacefuldusk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this with the matching shampoo. It is great, I don't need any product in my hair after using this, the brush will go right through and I never get knots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fantastic conditioner. Conditions and detangles my hair easy as that.
+ for price, scent and quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cbzak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this conditioner. The only thing is its so easy to use to much. If you use to much it can make your hair feel greasy and dirty. But if you only use a little bit it works really well. It smells a little sweet but its not over powering which I like. Its for shine enhancing and it does untangle and make your hair very shiny. I only use this on my ends and I only use a little bit. I use it with the Desert Essence green apple and ginger shampoo for thickening and volumizing. Overall i like this product. I would buy it again. Just don't use to much and it works amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very happy with this product. It's SLS, silicone and paraben free which is great for my CG routine, and it's hydrating without being too hydrating, so my hair still has lots of body and volume. I use it as my rinse-out and leave-in, and sometimes as a co-wash (I switch between co-washing and using Curl Junkie Daily Fix, which is a cleansing conditioner, and is great and totally recommended by the way). Smells fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Aerovis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for the scent. I usually use the Desert Essence Organic Coconut Conditioner. I figured being from the same company the quality of conditioner would be similar. Turns out I was wrong. I have fine hair that tangles easily so I need something that conditions and detangles well without weighing my hair down. This did not detangle at all, ended up having to replace it with the coconut and use what was remaining for shaving.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This smells so good and really helps to condition my dry hair. My daughter loves it also and she has long unruly hair like me. Repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I have to second what the other review said, this stuff smells amazing. So much like raspberries, and not a sickly sweet smell like some other natural conditioners. It makes my (very thick, slightly dry) hair soft and moisturized and helps with shine. I've learned that it is easy to over apply this stuff, in which case your hair will look greasy, but if you just apply a bit to the ends and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing, it makes hair soft and manageable. In addition, the ingredients list is mostly natural, so I don't feel bad about what's going down the drain.

Overall, I think this is a great natural conditioner at a great price (esp compared to other natural conditioners) that I will continue to use in the future, though I will probably try some others out just because I am fickle like that :-P I would recommend it to people with normal to dry, thick hair. It may be too heavy for someone with thin or fine hair that tends to go flat.

Edit: After several weeks of use, someone suggested that this might be contributing to a sudden severe breakout on one side of my face. Apparently some of the oils in this, including red raspberry seed oil, are not very friendly for clog-prone or sensitive skin. I discontinued use of this product and the breakout subsided. I took off two points for irritating and clogging my skin, which I hated to do because it is great for my hair. This may still be okay for long-haired folks who can just apply it to the ends so it doesn't come in contact with their face, or for those who are not prone to clogs or irritation. Personally, I won't be reusing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First this stuff smells REALLY good. This detangled my hair pretty well in the shower, the conditioner was fairly lightweight, didn't weigh my hair down and left it shiny and smelling good all day.
Ingredients: Aqueous Infusion of Certified Organic Extract of Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf, Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein, Polyquaternium-7, Proprietary Blend of Natural Essential Oils, Potassium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.