Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in ZESTY RED

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Silica, Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopherol

on 2/28/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this gloss. This is getting some bad reviews here so I guess it all comes down to preference. This is a sheer shiny red, so if you are looking for a true red lip color, this probably isn't for you. But I like the sheerness of it. There is enough color to be noticable, and enough sheerness to be light. And I like the fruity smell! It is a bit thick coming out of the tube but if you use a lip brush, it'll go on perfect. I would repurchase.

on 1/8/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought a tube of this when Sephora was having a 2 for SGD$20 sale, along with a BB Lip Shimmer.

It looks a rich red in the tube, but comes out sheer on skin, so don't be fooled by what you see outside! It has a thick consistency, which could be why it's hard to push out of the tube. This is best worn over a red lipstick to get your red to pop. The smell is of oranges, and I can only think of blood oranges when I use this.

I must agree that the staying power is lacking, and the moisturising is mediocre. However I have not experienced any skin peeling after using.

on 1/5/2011 10:58:00 AM

Tastes like crappy orange lip balm and doesn't last more than five minutes on the lips! Will never repurchase.

on 11/24/2010 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My first impression:
Wow, this looks like blood. Eesh, I don't want to look like a vampire.

Things I Absolutely Like:
- The ingredients
- The shininess
- The amount of product in the tube
- The not-stickiness

Things I Kind of Like
- It moisturizes my lips a little
- Its color, which I thought would be pretty a deep red. However, it's really sheer. Enough pigment so it shows up on your lips, though. But like my first impression, it looks a bit like blood.
- The smell. It's nice the first time around, very citrusy and orangey. But there's a weird almond-like undertone that throws off the smell.

Things I Absolutely Don't Like
- The packaging. Some of the product seeps out and dries up, which is kinddda gross.
- The name, which is kind of misleading. It's not zesty red. More like citrus red.

Bottom line; I give this a 3.75. Not good enough for a four, but not a three. I'll use it until I run out of it.

on 7/23/2010 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

First, this is the only color out of the three I purchased that I like. The other two had hard, grainy bits in them. The smell and taste is sweet and fruity. It gets runny after a while and the color separates from the oils. I just shake it and press on the closed tube to get the gloss to move. The color is natural looking, sheer, super shiny, and I love it. Overall, I would buy it again only if I don't get any of those grainy bits in it.

on 7/8/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This tastes terrible. One of the ingredients is castor oil and that's all I can think of when I put it on. The color is sheer and light, really just making my lips slightly darker then their natural color, but it looks nice. The consistency is also smooth and not sticky at all. Unfortunately, I wouldn't buy this again due to the taste.

on 9/9/2009 12:56:00 AM

I really wanted to like this but it didn't work out in the end. I bought this for $2.50 at Wal-Mart (it was on sale). I have wanted a deep red for awhile and I thought this would be great but it didn't turn out the way I expected. Some of the pictures on MUA show a "zesty" tomato red but mine was drab and kind of like blood that was darkening? It wasn't sexy or appealing! I find this gloss also has a weird taste - maybe because of the sunflower oil and all the natural ingredients? I didn't like it. I threw mine out just the other day actually!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Maybe its just me. I can't believe the negative reviews!!! I love this product. Cvs was having a sale on these with the lip shimmers(also love!!!), so my mom picked these up. I already have pink lips( darker pink), but these definately add red. I don't notice glitter in this, but it is shiny, biut not reflective. I always prefer an edged tip, which this has, so that's great. The staying power isn't that great, and i ve seen it really expensive, but if I saw these on sale, I'd definately pick this up and get new colors. It makes my lips a nice darker color. Not red, but definate color. Can't describe it, but totally pretty.

on 4/22/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Maybe it's just me, but I swear the "glitter" is more like chunks. Maybe it's orange zest! Really wanted to like this one. Boo-hoo!

on 3/13/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i LOVE the scent on this and the packaging is nice but that's about it. no real color to speak of. what you see in the tube barely shows on your lips. i use it at home before i go to bed. it doesn't come off on the sheets and smells good. when i want to make it last i color my lips with a liner then top it with this.

Popular Lip Glosses