November 25, 2014 | 1904 users online

Lip Gloss - Sally Hansen - lip blush plumping balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by echoi1991

I actually found this in my local dollar store for $3 and it seemed interesting. It comes out clear but immediately changes on your lips for a rosy colour(not really pink but I think it depends on your natural lip colour). It also made my lips appear fuller and really smooth. I'm not sure if it actually worked as a plumper but they atleast looked fuller. The sheen goes aay quickly but it's pretty hydrating. The packaging is nice too and the top is a twist off which is helpful since it has a brush on the end and you squeeze it(i'd imagine it could get messy if the cap could fall off). Some comments said to squeeze it hard but don't because you'll get too much product when you only need a little with this! Other reviews have also said it costs up to $10, i'm not sure if i'd spend that much but if it were up to $5 i'd most definitely buy it again for days when i'm on the go and dont want the hassle of lipsticks.
It's a very nice product, i'll probably buy backups for later :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by asiandumbo8D

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lip plumper!
It gives me the perfect pink pout and definitely plumps my lips so it appears fuller.
Its really moisturizing tooo.
The only thing that really annoys me is how hard you have to squeeze to get the product out.
Other then that, this is a great lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW is all I can say. I had never in my life paid 10$ for a lip balm or gloss but I was after the plumping benefits that this balm is supposed to deliver.

The tube style is odd. I would have rather had a wand doefoot applicator or at least an angled applicator like the squeeze tube lip balms have. The brush style is a little odd to use but it's all right, it does help to apply the product.
I noticed NO taste. I smoke so maybe im not as sensitive to strange tastes but the taste is not strange to me. There is a scent but i noticed that it dissipates in about 5 minutes after wearing it.

This stuff actually plumped my lips. While i have nice lips to begin with, this really helped to give them a pouty supermodel look! I was so surprised at how fantastically sexy it looks. I am HOOKED on plumpers now!!
I was afraid to get a brand that would make them plump TOO much, like the freaky Jolie fishlips...but this is just enough to be noticeable without being ridiculously obvious and it fills in my lips very nicely without being overdone.

I think that ladies with a thin lip line would benefit from this formula as well as those who have pleasant lips, because it helps to enhance what is already there, it enhances your natural beauty.

I can even feel that it is working by a slight tingle upon application and the feeling of swelling in my lip area. This does not sting me like the NYC Lip Plumper (with HOT cinnamon). The formula is actually quite soothing and stimulating at the same time.

It turned into a sweet pink lemonade shade on my lips that looks fabulous. So sexy! I don't even need lip color with this but i will probably use it with my NYX Round Lipstick colors just because I can...

The gloss itself is not sticky or greasy, it feels quite pleasant. After the product wore off my lips felt conditioned and healthy. Overall this was a great buy and I will be using this for a while now. Cant wait to do a photo shoot with this product on, hehe...

I don't know why people say that lip plumpers don't work. What they do is irritate the skin so that it swells. As bad as that sounds, that is the effect of a plumped lip. And this product works for me. I can feel the tightness and swelling in my mouth area. If it were just a makeup illusion, then my lips would not be as full as they are and they wouldn't feel numb and swollen like they do when i wear this. The effect is VERY noticeable. It might not work with certain skin types and body chemistries since this product and every other one on the market gets mixed reviews. Again, it depends on the person, their genetics, skin type, chemistry, and method of application that determines the results.

Just remember, you have to have something TO plump in order for it to work. If you have very thin lips the effect will not be noticeable, and therefore you will feel that the product does not work. Again, i repeat, if your lips are thin a plumper won't do you any good to begin with and you will go around thinking that they do not work. That is not the case however - they just don't work for you because of how your lips are formed. But if your lips are more defined or full to begin with they could benefit from a plumper because it will enhance what you already have to a greater degree.

A DEFINITE REPURCHASE

I posted my before/after pic since no one has done that for this product yet.. it definitely deserves a before/after pic

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by keesardi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It really works! It plumps my lips and turns them a really nice natural pink, my own color except magnified. Plus it lasts. I've tried almost every lip plumper out there and this one is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got very into "intuitive" lip glosses lately and saw reviews online for this. I have tested this against Smashbox O-gloss and find them similar, but still fairly different.

1. Packaging

I personally don't like "squeeze 'n wipe" lipgloss applicators. also, you have to really squeeze that tube to get anything onto the brush, almost like it's not completely full of product (which makes me think that you payed money for only a tiny amount of product.) The tube itself is very small, but has a screw cap so i'm not too terribly worried about spillage (although i wish it clicked into place like some of my more favorite lipglosses)

2. The Product

The gloss is nonsticky, and has no glitter in it that i can see. It does plump a tiny tiny bit, which saves me from fish-lips while still giving me a pleasing pout. It really is balmy, with my lips nicely moisturized and stays on a decently long time. The color starts clear and changes to a very sheer raspberry on me, which is nice. It isn't a YLBB look, but it is still very natural, and a very nice color for me anyway. It also changes very quickly, so no waiting around for it. However, I had to take a lippie off for the smell, which is weird. It smells like chemicals dumped on fruit. Not overpowering, but not the most pleasant either.

3. The Comparison (with smashbox o-gloss)

While this product is good, I still think o-gloss is better for achieving that YLBB. Even though you pay half for sally hansen, i'm fairly sure there is twice as much product in the smashbox gloss anyway. I found smashbox to be more moisturizing, more lasting, less sticky, and a better color (for me anyway).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Twana20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS: The color is gorgeous and natural (I usually cant wear pinks with my fair skin and reddish hair) I love how soft and supple my lips feel HOURS after I put it on and it has worn off... It makes me want to touch my lips they are so smooth! Its easy to apply and no clicking or weird twists.

Cons: Doesnt Plump... sorry but I dont think anything really does. At least in my sad little thin lips experience.

Get some on sale! You wont regret it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I did not give this a 5 is because I don't like the feel of petrolatum in any cosmetic product. But petrolatum is almost at the bottom of the ingredient list, so it's fine with me. I really love this lip balm. It contains my favorite plumping ingredients, plus goji berry, which is my second favorite fruit next to acai berry. The color it imparts is a beautiful baby pink that works very well with my fair complexion, so it looks like the "customized color" thing actually works. I can also feel my lips being plumped up and softened very quickly, and the effect lasts for a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jenfab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product alot. It did give my lips a nice blush color...just enhances your own lips. As for the plumping, didnt do quite as well. Loved the packaging and lip brush. Overall, I would buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at CVS. I have to say that the blush effect to it works very well, I have darker lips compared to most people and I never find glosses that show up on me, but this one did the trick. The thing is, it doesnt plump at all, all i felt was a tingle sensation and thats it. we all know that lip plumpers dont work. Overall, it lived up to its LIP BLUSH name but its not a PLUMPING BALM.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an obvious take off of smashbox ogloss, but while I was scared of my own reflection with that, this looks beautiful on me! I bought it on a whim as I had a $1 off coupon and this was half off at walgreens, so it was like 4 bucks. I had low expectations, and really, I don't see much plumping, but this is a flattering berry color on me, and I can never pull those off! I stick to nude shades mostly, but I will be using this a lot. Plus, for what it's worth, I badly wanted the oglow to work for me cause it's such a sweet idea. So I get in this a much more attractive gloss on me, for a fraction of the cost. Go lightly, it is thick, and you won't need much.