September 16, 2014 | 1807 users online

Moisturizers - Boots - Night Moisture Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by hein0201

Ugh! Another thing I tried in my attempt to save money. Totally not worth it.

So, this is a very strange cream, consistency-wise... It's like a coagulated gel-cream, but it's just gross and like slippery, white mucus. Yech. I hate dipping in to things like this. I used it twice without problems, but then the third time, it stung quite badly. It dissipated after a few minutes... but nothing I wanted to experience again. I threw it out.

Boots Botanics has been hit and miss with me... I did like the body scrub and shower cream I tried, but the skin care and make up have not impressed me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if this is the same one I'm using. I just started using this but I like it for nighttime use (obviously - hehe :o)) its not to creamy that it feels like my skin isn't "breathing" for me its the right consistency.. Will keep updated if I find anything different.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by pandabee

Likes:
The packaging is nice: the cream sits in a portable, reusable, small 1.7 oz. jar with a metal lid. This cream also has a rather has a light floral scent that's does not smell like chemicals, is not overpowering and disappears quite quickly upon application. Since it is a night facial cream, this is a very important feature for me. Another thing that I do like about this is that it absorbs into my skin fairly quickly and evenly, so I don't feel greasy and the lotion doesn't feel like it's sitting on my face. The product does a decent job in making my face feel supple. So far, I've used this for over two months and I have not experienced breakouts or sensitivity as a result of wearing this. A plus.

Dislikes:
The texture of this is just plain weird. I don't know that they were thinking when they developed this product. The texture of this nighttime "cream" is not creamy at all. Rather, it has a strange, doughy consistency almost like runny bread batter, or a really, really thick mucus substance. Simply put, it is gross. I wonder if the chemists at Boots were on autopilot that day. How can anyone in their right mind think that women will find this cream acceptable, or even appealing? Everytime I dig into that jar and see that trail of doughy, slimy lotion, I feel like I'm slapping on some lotion snot. Maybe someone will not mind it so much, but I personally think that the texture of this detracts from all the good points of this lotion. I'll not repurchase.

Overall, there are better products out there.