Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 8/31/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is really nothing special. Just a very ordinary serum that contains silicones as the first few ingredients, just like dozens of drugstore serums that cost much less. I expected this to be an HG product for my hair, but I honestly notice NO difference between this and a Garnier serum that I bought for less then $5. Ladies, you don't need to spend a lot for silicone-based serums, they're sold everywhere.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've had a long love affair with this stuff! Ever since my stylist used this on me 6 years ago, I've used it religiously. The smell is to die for, so much so that it made me purchase the shampoo and conditioner, AND body wash. The oil treatment is great for smoothing hair, treating fly aways, and I use it before I use heat tools. Since my hair is fine textured (but I have a lot of it), I don't need much, just a tiny bit. My original bottle from 6 years ago is only 3/4 gone. I still have so much left! With that in mind, the price tag isn't bad - cost per use is super low!

on 8/8/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this treatment on damp hair before styling products. It provides thermal protection and eliminates frizz. I purchased a travel size of this product so I could test it out before I bought the full size. I use just a few drops for my below shoulder length hair, about the size of a nickel. I work it through the midlengths and ends, avoiding the roots, and then, without adding any more product, I smooth it over the top of my hair to take care of flyaways. I then use my regular styling products (Living Proof No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray) on top. I'm not a big fan of the smell of this product, but it dissipates quickly, so it's no big deal. After styling, I sometimes take a single drop and work it through my finished style for shine. But the thing is, there are other products that work just as well for a lot less $$$. Got2B Shine Serum, which is $5ish, does the job equally well. I use it exactly the same way and you would never know the difference because the outcome is the same. It's pure silicone, which is an excellent heat protectant, and it adds shine without weight. Moroccanoil also contains a considerable amount of silicone, btw. The only difference between the two is that Got2B doesn't contain any oil. I definitely think that Moroccanoil is heavier, so it's not really suitable for fine hair. Based on my experience, I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size of this product. I'll be sticking with Got2B for the foreseeable future. It does the exact same thing, so why would I spend big bucks for Moroccanoil when I can spend 5 bucks or less on something that works equally well? I have no problem with silicone and if you do, you shouldn't be using Moroccanoil anyway, because it's loaded with cones. Save yourself some serious cash and try Got2B. I recommend the Moroccanoil Treatment because it did work well for me, but I prefer to save my money, so I won't be repurchasing it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Too greasy for my hair but you do save money if you like it because you only need a speck on the tip of your finger to actually make it work lol!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have curly dry hair and when I put a drop in it , it become soft and shines and looks healthy .

on 7/20/2015 10:24:00 AM

Went to a new hairdresser who recommended this for my hair. My hair looked great after she styled it so thought I'd give it a shot.

Oh my did I regret it. After using it a couple of times, my scalp started itching, my hair was smooth the day after but not the day I used it. But the kicker came when I was in the shower and saw my hair coming out in clumps!

I stopped using it then and there and my hair isn't falling out anymore so I guess this wasn't the miracle I was hoping for. I have thick, frizzy hair so maybe it might not work for my hair type, but for the price - you'd expect better.

on 7/18/2015 5:04:00 AM

I love the scent, and that's about it. It weighed my hair down, and made it look greasy no matter how little I used (I literally tried just a tiny dot). Eventually, I only used it before shampooing; until my hair grew out then I only used it on the ends. It made my hair super shiny, but that's because of the silicones. Which takes me to my next problem: all the silicones. The first bunch of ingredients are just silicones, then finally some argan oil, followed by a bunch of other things. So, you're pretty much paying a lot for a bit of argan oil and mostly silicones.

I would much rather spend my money on a big bottle of 100% pure argan oil, with no silicones and other additives. The shine in your hair is from all the silicones, my friends. I suggest buying argan oil and using that instead (No, I'm not talking about over priced argan oil from brands like Josie Maran. It's the exact same thing as any other cheap argan oil people, so spend wisely). It's saved me so much money, and I can use it on my face/anywhere on my body.

on 7/18/2015 4:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have thick curly and dry hair which is quite frizzy and messy. I have been using the serum, shampoo and conditioner and heat protection spray for about 4 weeks. I also use a hair mask once a week from another brand.

The Moroccan Oil products have not improved my hair in any way whatsoever. I use 3 pumps of the serum because I have lots of hair. I look after my hair and have it trimmed regularly and I don't lighten it or stress it. In theory Moroccan Oil should be the perfect product for my type of hair but it is a total disappointment.

Whole range of Moroccan oil is good for Virgin hair. Good oil but there are better ones: Oribe and Show. I would say Moroccan oil is better than any mass market or even Kerastase but still not the best.

on 7/17/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried every inexpensive hair oil out there. And while some of the ones I found at Sally's Beauty were pretty darn good, this is clearly the best. I have wanted to buy this for years but couldn't justify the price...until I had a gift card. It makes my hair shiny and moisturized and NEVER oily. I have put this on the ends of my hair while after curling my hair, and it didn't ruin the curls. Sometimes I put this on my wet hair if I do not have time to dry it - and it comes out frizz-free. For the record, my hair is medium-thin, straight, and hates warms weather. I don't know how it works for any other hair texture, but this is fantastic for me.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products