April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My experience with this powder has been positive. I always make sure I have an extra one. I use the shade translucent which has been really good with my pale skin, but caution is advised even for the fairest skintone because it can look really white and obvious, sort of chalky TBH, and can cake into fine lines, if you're not careful especially when using a puff. With a brush it is easy to blend to a natural finish and it sets each of my foundations well. It evens out my skintone somewhat and overall betters the look of the condition of my very troublesome, bad skin. Depending on which foundation I've used, touchups are necessary sometimes but for the most part this keeps my makeup in place and matte for the better part of the day. As with all makeup, it comes down a lot to your preference. I prefer super matte makeup so this for me is a hit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I got the shade Light Medium for my neutral to warm, NC20 complexion and the shade is perfect.

I bought this because I was sick of carrying around my large Laura Mercier powder and wanted something small/compact.

I like how this powder is light, doesn't cake, and the shade is not too warm (which is important for my neutral complexion).

I'm not sure if I would buy it again but it serves its purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, it is super light weight, very reasonably priced, looks great when first applied and doesn't break me out at all. On the other, it definitely doesn't last longer than about 2-3 hours max and doesn't stop my combo skin from looking like an oil slick after just a few hours.

Revlon's Colorstay oily-combo foundation is my holy grail foundation. I love it and I will probably use it forever, no matter how good my skin looks underneath (and my skin has improved since using it). So I gave this powder a try in hopes that it would be of similar quality...but it isn't. I simply don't have time to reapply my powder (and then blush/bronzer) several times a day.

I would recommend this product for skin on the normal/dry side. It is light and non-irritating, so it should work better for you. Be careful when selecting your color, though...they run on the lighter side and the selection is very limited. I'm a C4 in MAC and the light medium was a tad bit too light, but the medium made me look too pasty, so I stuck with the lighter shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC42, and I chose medium-deep which was the darkest color on the display. So far I'm impressed. The color match is just about perfect, and it provides the matte finish I require. Doesn't have a scent, and it's reasonably priced. I got this at CVS for $2 after the Revlon coupon and the ECB reward.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by beautyybabee

The first time I tried this powder, it broke me out just a little bit but when I decided to try it again, I broke out even more that time. I wanted this to be a good product that I would enjoy, but I was sadly overestimating the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have been using this product off an on for 6 months about.

Price- About $9 at Target. A little steep.

Packaging- It looks nice a sleek. I just hate how it has a separate compartment for the puff. It wastes space because I always throw away the puff due to sanitary reasons.

Use- Applied over concealer or just bare skin.

Finish- I love how this powder has a satin texture, not powdery when applied correctly. I can't stand powders with sparkle. So thankfully this is sparkle free.

Coverage- This product actually blurs my redness.

Oil Control- Definitely keeps my teenage skin shine free and under control.

Staying Power- Good! Lasts me throughout the day if I remember not to put my hands on my face.

Conclusion- This is my favorite powder. It has such a high end consistency. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by mixedmatch

it probably can last you for 2-months if you use it on a daily basis.
i have oily skin and this powder fails to keep mine oil-free for 2 hours.
(ive yet to find a powder that helps my face from being oily for long hours)
i think it also went through a package facelift because packaging is different from the picture here.

what i like though is that it helps even out the colour of my skin.
i use this on top of revlon's bb cream. gives you medium coverage if you use both.
colour stays for at least 6-7 hours. (when it's oily, i use a tissue to dab my face.)

would recommend this to anyone who wants an affordable pressed powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by turfxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on top of my CoverGirl Stay Fab foundation & it does the job of helping me stay matte, keeping my coverage, and works great as a setting powder. Doesn't cake! Would recommend if you have oily skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Bhale4559

I had high hopes for this but it broke me out BADLY. Haven't had this many pimples in a long time..will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by bobbysoxxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't normally wear powder, but I made the mistake of buying a dewy foundation that made me really shiny around my nose, chin and forehead, so I wanted to mattify it. This worked really well with that foundation, although it doesn't have good staying-power. I now have a semi-matte foundation and if I try to hide my shine with this powder I end up looking horribly cakey, it just clings to my dead skin, so I no longer use it. Not for dry or combination skin!