Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this mostly to set my liquid foundation. I know you shouldn't do it but it's what works for me; if you use a brush and don't go overboard it's fine.
I've got the shade Light and it looks almost pastel yellow in the packaging but applies way darker. When setting makeup it works fine as you don't use that much, but once I tried actually using this as foundation, applied with the sponge, blended with a brush and it looked orange. Absolutely orange. Not impressed.
It also feels really drying, almost painfully drying, when used on its own. It clings to the fluff on your face and doesn't leave a good look. I'd say it feels smooth and creamy when you swatch it or take it on with a brush/sponge but it sure does feel&look chalky and dry on the skin. It gets better after spritzing with Mac Fix+, both the feeling and the look, but the colour is still off.
The packaging is bulky and sometimes the wrong compartment comes open; I feel like you could break the product by opening the sponge compartment and then accidentally slamming the powder one on top. However, I don't have much of a problem with it as I don't carry it around.
Overall, it's only okay to set your makeup and use in small quantities. As a foundation it's a bad product. When I run out I'm not repurchasing; I think I'll buy a legit transparent or semi transparent setting powder and a loose powder if I want to use powder foundation.

on 12/25/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This would be AMAZING for people with Oily-Very Oily skin (I got shade light-medium). I have Combination, so it made my dry patches look BAD, but it does keep you matte for 4-5 hours and has medium-high coverage. I wouldn't recommend for touch ups, because it can very easily look cakey and feel heavy.

on 12/13/2014 12:52:00 AM

Hello all...light/medium is my color and I apply with a powder puff. A big fat one. I pat it on and then gently spread it out and I love it. Put it on top of my BB cream, Evens out skin color, sets make up, keeps blush in place. Does not seem to settle into lines or pores. A good fit for me. Does not cake or discolor, and does indeed last a good long time.
Cheers!

on 12/1/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My thoughts about this product is that it's average at best. In Australia this powder costs a whopping $34.95 and it just isn't worth the money. The coverage is not that great and on a warm day it doesn't last very well at all and I have dry skin! I'm pretty disappointed with this product and I will not repurchase.

on 10/31/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Got this to try a change of pace from my usual L'Oreal True Match. Doesn't do any better of a job keeping shine at bay and has a much more dry and powdery finish than True Match. Got it for super cheap on sale at Ulta but the actual retail price is pretty high for such an average product. After two week's worth of wear I'm done with this and just bought a new True Match powder. I'd rather carry around shine blotting sheets in my pocket and use True Match, with its finely milled texture and smoother finish.

on 8/12/2014 3:39:00 AM

This pressed powder is okay by me. I bought it as a hopeful replacement for my beloved Physicians Formula organic wear (discontinued, waaah), and it's not bad. I apply it to my normal/oily T-zone face after sunscreen and concealer go on, and I use the Sephora mineral powder brush (which is awesome, forget that crappy little pad in the package): I use circular buffing motions on my cheeks and pressing motions on my T-zone. I got the color Light, and it's just a tad too light for my NW25 skin...oh well. It doesn't provide a lot of coverage (which is fine with me; if I were going for coverage I'd use a liquid foundation), and the staying power seems to be enough to get me through an 8-hour workday. I think the packaging feels cheap and bulky, but I can live with it. There appears to be a lot of powder in the compact. I'll repurchase if I can find a better color match!

on 7/30/2014 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I am an NC42, and I chose medium-deep which was the darkest color on the display. So far I'm impressed. The color match is just about perfect, and it provides the matte finish I require. Doesn't have a scent, and it's reasonably priced. I got this at CVS for $2 after the Revlon coupon and the ECB reward.

on 7/23/2014 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

pretty decent powder. Its not full coverage but i only need it to set my foundation, which is full coverage. the color happens to be just right and this last me a long time. dont care for the bulky package but its ok. will buy again if i dont decide to try something else.

on 7/13/2014 8:21:00 AM

Love this Powder, it's really the best powder i've tried in a long time ! It's not cakey, it feels very firm on the skin and is very skin tone friendly, Price is reasonable and i just love how it feels on my skin! Very good powder, I buy it ALL the time, highly recommend this product !!!

on 6/13/2014 9:49:00 PM

This is a pretty good powder. Its got light coverage and it takes away any shine on my face. I really like how smooth it is and it goes on really silky. The coverage is buildable a little bit to about medium coverage but otherwise this only gives light coverage. I also like that there is no perfume (fragrance) in it :) I might buy again if I run out but it depends, I like trying new things and this isnt HG for me. I would like something with more coverage.