September 17, 2014 | 1927 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Organic wear™ 100% Natural Origin Liquid Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by iriej

I love this organic bronzer! The color is perfect, not a bit of orange. I have fair skin but I have the medium shade. I like it best for my large nose which tends to stand out when its not tan. I use it all over my nose. I use a drop on my forehead, chin and below my cheekbones. The smell is nice and it feels smooth and leaves a dewy finish. The only problem is the screw tap with broke. Maybe i didnt use it fast enough. but i overall love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by hoppii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

A little dark, but I like how it's moisturizing and give me an instant non-orangey tan. Just be sure to put it on your neck as well and blend. Nice organic smell. Would buy again, but only during winter because I'll naturally get tan in summer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by karlakarla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mix this into my sunscreen everyday. It cures the white cast of my natural zinc sunscreen. I am on my fourth tube of this bronzer. I really like it, and the price is sooo right. I have used Dr. Hauschka bronzing concentrate for years and their compact bronzer.... but both of those are nearly $40! By contrast, PF's Organic Wear is only $10.

COMPARISON OF SHADES:

LIGHT: I have tried all the shades, and have found that the shade called "Light" is by far the best for my skin tone. If you have medium-light toned caucasian skin, I suggest trying this color first. I find it looks most natural...by far. Also, I feel this color is closest to a more expensive formulation. It has none of those cheap, garish pigments that are so common in the cheaper drugstore makeup.

Here's some more info on the colors b/c how the company has named the different shades confuses me.

FAIR: The shade lighter than "light" is called "fair." "Fair" is very tawny and beige. When in comes out of the tube, the color reminds me of the pale pallor of an old-fashioned liquid foundation. It has barely any visible warm tones in it: no red or yellow undertones. This might be good for a shockingly pale person, but even then I am not sure if would look that great. If you are super pale and want a very very light (translucent) foundation, maybe mix this into your moisturizer.

MEDIUM: The shade darker than "light" is called "medium." "Medium" seems way too orange a formulation to me. On my skin it is more apt to look streaky than the other formulations. It doesn't blend in or absorb in the way that "light" does. It may just the wrong shade for me, but it's hard to imagine who this formulation would work for. Maybe someone with dark skin that is ashy or dull? Even still, it has none of the warmth that more expensive foundations for people of color have...like gentle warming yellows, glowing ocres, and deep rich browns of more luxurious products. It seems too ruddy and off-balance in a way that reminds me of cheap drugstore foundation. All this to say, that I wonder if "light" might also be the best choice for skin tones darker than me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by munchkin1402

i don't like using this product my itself because i think it is too dark for my face but i mix it with the foundation to make it darker and it works great. the color goes on sheer when mixed with my foundation and does not make my face look orange. also the natural products are soothing to my skin and are improving my skin so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by miamikittycat

I love the smell, I think alot of Oranic Wear smells like lavender. Although, it does disapate. I just use a drop of this and concealor where I need correction, and then lips eyes, and a pop of pink on apples of cheeks. I don't think it might be too good for really oily skin, because it's a glowy look.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by BrownStar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually not a bad product for my dark skin; it acts as a nice moisturizing bronzer/light foundation. Goes on light and cool. However, lasting power is not so great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are oily or acne prone, stay away. I have an oily-tzone and dry cheeks and this made my whole face very dewy and shiney , I had to put alot of powder on top to take it away. Def not for my skin type. It was also too orangey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I have this in Bronze Organics-Fair Skin, and it is a great color for fair to light skin! Not orange at all, but a beautiful sheer sun-kissed golden. Very natural bronzer shade. I do prefer the powder bronzer on top of the Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer, but I would use this liquid bronzer alone in the summer for an extra natural sun-kissed look. Also, it has a nice finish when it dries, very similar to the TM.